Anthony Gelling

Moscow01

Dismal stuff. The club's response seems to have been spot on. If guilty I assume there will be a flight ready for him.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest news updates:

Ben Barba is allegedly offering his deep moral support to Anthony Gelling. 

Todd Carney says that he is really ###### off by these news reports regarding Anthony Gelling.

Israel Folau denies rumours that he has said that Anthony Gelling will burn in hell.

Catalans deny any interest in signing Anthony Gelling while his case is pending.

Honestly I have never heard as much in my life as this idea that Folau's views are fine because he has never committed a vicious assault. Why on earth does this keep getting brought up?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

32 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Honestly I have never heard as much in my life as this idea that Folau's views are fine because he has never committed a vicious assault. Why on earth does this keep getting brought up?

Nobody has said they are ' fine ' , they aren't , but he wasn't a RL player at the time he made them 

This thread is about Anthony Gelling , why bring up Israel Folau ?

5 hours ago, Bert1 said:

Wasn’t hate speech though that’s the point. Why bring racism into it? Irrelevant point.

Your sexuality is as unchangeable as your race. If a statement is unacceptable with [race] in it then it is also unacceptable with [sexuality] in it. 

Neither

'Gays repent or go to hell' [Folau's published beliefs]

or 

'Blacks repent or go to hell'

are acceptable, because they both target features that people have no control around, and sectors of society with those features have been discriminated, shamed, and often shackled for centuries. 

Leon Pryce and Stuart Reardon got away with it, sure that Greg Johnson been done for glassing someone and we have Greg Eden in court soon. Rugby League have a history of sweeping it under the carpet. Don't hold your breath anything will happen to him.

2 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Maybe Because people are comparing something that is actually horrendous to something that is questionable.

Until full details of the incident are revealed and guilt proven, it's not really fair to comment on what should happen to him.

The allegations have a very wide range to them, and could be proven to be untrue also.

The pictures of his missus online are from a previous car accident, so don't get sucked in to that one. I'm not saying she hasn't sustained injuries, it's just not those ones.

I'm not quite sure what point those that are trying to make comparisons with Falou are score points with those that disagree with about the Falou situation are trying to prove? (Other than their continued misunderstanding of the Falou case)

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

29 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Until full details of the incident are revealed and guilt proven, it's not really fair to comment on what should happen to him.

The allegations have a very wide range to them, and could be proven to be untrue also.

The pictures of his missus online are from a previous car accident, so don't get sucked in to that one. I'm not saying she hasn't sustained injuries, it's just not those ones.

I'm not quite sure what point those that are trying to make comparisons with Falou are score points with those that disagree with about the Falou situation are trying to prove? (Other than their continued misunderstanding of the Falou case)

If only Israel folau had the same tolerance from you as gelling does 

7 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Nobody has said they are ' fine ' , they aren't , but he wasn't a RL player at the time he made them 

This thread is about Anthony Gelling , why bring up Israel Folau ?

You’ll need to ask the posters who keep doing it

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, aj1908 said:

The post from Wellsy4HullFC was sensible and thoughtful and it didn't show any tolerance for this incident.

These content one liner snipey remarks are neither productive or grown up conversation. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I brought it up myself and probably shouldn't have done. They are of course two very different scenarios. 

I have just felt that the Falou story has been blown out of all proportion right from the start. People are entitled to think whatever they want about him, but when it comes down to it he is just expressing his beliefs. I genuinely don't think that he means any harm to anyone, he has just been fed this nonsense all of his life. If anything he needs educating rather than punishing. 

The reason I brought it up in this thread is that there has been a holier than thou attitude of many people in the game where Folou is concerned. Talk of blocking future "controversial" signings and of potential legal action against Catalans. Yet there are players in SL who have done genuinely despicable things and yet are revered, with a blind eye turned to their crimes and their victims. I just thought that this was a timely reminder that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. 

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

The post from Wellsy4HullFC was sensible and thoughtful and it didn't show any tolerance for this incident.

These content one liner snipey remarks are neither productive or grown up conversation. 

You can take them how you want too.  I see his post as hypocritical and I'm happy to point it out.   

What this guy allegedly did is worse than someone quoting his religious beliefs 

Nobody actually got hurt by folau.  Domestic violence is just a low act.  A man should.never use physical violence intentionally on a woman least of all his partner 

4 minutes ago, MZH said:

I brought it up myself and probably shouldn't have done. They are of course two very different scenarios. 

I have just felt that the Falou story has been blown out of all proportion right from the start. People are entitled to think whatever they want about him, but when it comes down to it he is just expressing his beliefs. I genuinely don't think that he means any harm to anyone, he has just been fed this nonsense all of his life. If anything he needs educating rather than punishing. 

The reason I brought it up in this thread is that there has been a holier than thou attitude of many people in the game where Folou is concerned. Talk of blocking future "controversial" signings and of potential legal action against Catalans. Yet there are players in SL who have done genuinely despicable things and yet are revered, with a blind eye turned to their crimes and their victims. I just thought that this was a timely reminder that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. 

Nail on the head!

2 hours ago, aj1908 said:

He does. Like I said...

2 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

The details of what Falou did were revealed... by himself.

15 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

You can take them how you want too.  I see his post as hypocritical and I'm happy to point it out.   

Nobody actually got hurt by folau.  Domestic violence is just a low act.  A man should.never use physical violence intentionally on a woman least of all his partner 

Where is the hypocrisy?

You again are just sorting your lack of comprehension.

It is not hypocritical to not want to comment on allegations. I'll comment when the details have come out. I'm reserving my judgement until I have the facts. I advise many others to do the same - they wouldn't like it if they were accused of something and it turned out to be false (or at least not entirely true).

21 minutes ago, MZH said:

but when it comes down to it he is just expressing his beliefs. I genuinely don't think that he means any harm to anyone, he has just been fed this nonsense all of his life. If anything he needs educating rather than punishing. 

At risk of this drifting, I'll make only one response to this and leave it because the other thread was closed.

His beliefs were homophobic and hate speech. It doesn't matter where he got them from, he believes them as an adult and will be judged as one.

Whether his intentions were meant to be harmful or not is irrelevant. The rhetoric he spreads encourages hate, encourages division, encourages people to be treated differently.

He does need re-educating. He will refuse. The fact that you think he needs re-educating shows you think there is something wrong with what he did though. The consequence for his actions of refusing to align his ideals with civilised society is (or was/should be) to not be employed in certain high profile positions until he does. Restorative practice must be in place, and if he refuses, he accepts the consequences.

In terms of the allegations made, suspension pending full investigation is sensible and common practice.

Any form of crime deserves some form of professional sanction, whether that be a level of warning, suspension or termination. Having a criminal record make it difficult to obtain further work, so that's part of the consequence. As an employee (both Warrington and the SL), when full details come out of whatever he has done (if guilty), they will need to follow that sanction protocol.

Should he refuse to be re-educated (which I'm sure he wouldn't), his pathway back into the game after the sanctioned punishment can be determined. Be the key part that would separate this from the Falou incident is the participation in restorative practice in order to show her has changed his ways. Falou hasn't done that. Gelling hasn't been found guilty of anything yet.

48 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

There was nothing hypocritical from Wellsy4HullFC in his post. He simply stated that we should wait until the full facts of the Gelling case are known before making any kind of judgement. 

The Falou case started 10 months ago and any facts we can know are already known... not least because it was the subject of a very public court case where all the documents were made available for public viewing. 

Once again, he made no comment of tolerance for the actual conduct in question and using his post to try and shoehorn this in does you no credit.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, aj1908 said:

Like anyone Gelling is Innocent until proven guilty as is the law. Obviously I agree totally that men should never be intentionally violent to women they are in relationship with. Women also commit domestic violence against men maybe not in the same number as men and its something men who suffer it dont often report and police have been known to laugh at when it is reported or just assume its the man who committed the offence and arresting the guy. Apparently same sex relationships have the same level of partner violence as male - female relationships.

Moral of the story.. humans dont hit people your in relationship with.

24 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

There was nothing hypocritical from Wellsy4HullFC in his post. He simply stated that we should wait until the full facts of the Gelling case are known before making any kind of judgement. 

The Falou case started 10 months ago and any facts we can know are already known... not least because it was the subject of a very public court case where all the documents were made available for public viewing. 

Once again, he made no comment of tolerance for the actual conduct in question and using his post to try and shoehorn this in does you no credit.

im just having a bit of fun with wellsy lol relax.  he used to give me a lot of grief when i used to post here before.  its just lighthearted banter.

Archived