Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tommygilf

Wakefield Stadium Update

Recommended Posts

Looks like they're going down the "Headingley style" route of going stand by stand rather than the whole ground at once, Carter's comments implying that they are looking to do the East Stand (side opposite the TV gantry) first.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Looks like they're going down the "Headingley style" route of going stand by stand rather than the whole ground at once, Carter's comments implying that they are looking to do the East Stand (side opposite the TV gantry) first.

John Minards.

Michael Carter isn't the chairman anymore. Time will tell, we've been waiting since October for this submission, the current situation wont exactly be over anytime soon. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another titbit to keep the fans onside. Maybe Cas will make an announcement then Wells and Carter can go head to head with Harry Hill as Referee!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Another titbit to keep the fans onside. Maybe Cas will make an announcement then Wells and Carter can go head to head with Harry Hill as Referee!

You may have missed this from just over a week ago https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/best-in-leeds/shopping/shopping-centre-developers-silence-axiom-17833595 Need to scroll to the very end of the article.....

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Expect to submit an application'? Sounds like they've got nice drawings though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair this was never meant as a ‘send to all message’ 

More of a mutual support conversation between the board and the fans at a difficult time. 
 

yes things are bubbling along and (pandemic and associated economic crisis willing) more news will follow. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Eddie said:

10,000 or 15,000 - I’d go for the former, or maybe even less if I was them. 

What do they average? 4-5K? I can’t imagine them building anything bigger than 10,000, the current capacity is over 9,000 i think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Wollongong said:

To be fair this was never meant as a ‘send to all message’ 

More of a mutual support conversation between the board and the fans at a difficult time. 
 

yes things are bubbling along and (pandemic and associated economic crisis willing) more news will 

There's nothing to do in life anymore so you might as well let those who think they're funny make the same old tired jokes/snide comments. It will help the time pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Looks like they're going down the "Headingley style" route of going stand by stand rather than the whole ground at once, Carter's comments implying that they are looking to do the East Stand (side opposite the TV gantry) first.

Wakefield may as well release plans that look like they are going down the “Wembley Stadium style” route, it makes no difference, they are still not going to build a new stadium.

When I first started watching rugby league an eternity ago they were about to build a new stadium and they are still about to build a new stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Wakefield talking about doing up their stadium, eh. Is licensing back on the agenda?

Something is a foot. 

Articles recently about expanding the league. 


2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris Taylor said:

Something is a foot. 

Articles recently about expanding the league. 

If you wanted to sort out a structure to take the whole game forward then now is the time.

But, with the greatest will in the world, it will need the Michael Carter’s of the world - who do good work for their clubs but not necessarily for their sport - to step aside from blocking progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...