Jump to content
Mumby Magic

Thugs, Nutjobs and Hardmen XIII

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

It was funny to see the way he backed down against Lee Radford.

 

4 hours ago, Ullman said:

Bailey's face was a picture. If ever a bloke realised he'd picked on the wrong man.

Is this the incident when Radford was sent off?  I have never really understood the perception of that incident from fans.

Yes, Bailey threw a few elbows in the tackle and caught Radford but then Radford swung three punches at Bailey while he was on all fours and didn't see them coming. 

Radford may be a tough guy but I don't think that incident proved it... if that incident were reversed and it was Bailey throwing punches at a blindsided player on the ground he would have been called all the names under the sun.

Edited by Dunbar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

 

Is this the incident when Radford was sent off?  I have never really understood the perception of that incident from fans.

Yes, Bailey threw a few elbows in the tackle and caught Radford but then Radford swung three punches at Bailey while he was on all fours and didn't see them coming. 

Radford may be a tough guy but I don't think that incident proved it... if that incident were reversed and it was Bailey throwing punches at a blindsided player on the ground he would have been called all the names under the sun.

10000% agree with you here. Cowardly by radford. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Started plenty of fisticuffs which usually ended with him hiding behind Peacock.

Like I said ****house

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Kelvin Skerrett would be a shoe-in for any starting 13.

Even though I wouldn't call Martin Ketteridge a nutjob but he will need putting in then, he sorted Skerrett out a couple of times, 


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hullfan said:

Hardly think that's fair advertising the blokes business on a forum. 

I was checking his name against his age and when he played for Hull FC to make sure it was the same bloke that played for Barrow.

A google search brought it up but then, I'd already read about it on the Hull Daily Mail website. 

It's readily available and publicised knowledge so if you're going to cast blame, I suggest you contact the paper for publishing it.

But then, it wouldn't have given you a chance to have a go at me would it?

  • Like 1

                                                                        RADFORD OUT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

I was checking his name against his age and when he played for Hull FC to make sure it was the same bloke that played for Barrow.

A google search brought it up but then, I'd already read about it on the Hull Daily Mail website. 

It's readily available and publicised knowledge so if you're going to cast blame, I suggest you contact the paper for publishing it.

But then, it wouldn't have given you a chance to have a go at me would it?

Obviously it's readily available for people, but the fact you've gone out your way to copy the link for the people on here to have a look is a bit out of order. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

I was checking his name against his age and when he played for Hull FC to make sure it was the same bloke that played for Barrow.

A google search brought it up but then, I'd already read about it on the Hull Daily Mail website. 

It's readily available and publicised knowledge so if you're going to cast blame, I suggest you contact the paper for publishing it.

But then, it wouldn't have given you a chance to have a go at me would it?

I wouldn`t like to be the PC who apprehends him !!.  I think he was a mate of Martin Ostler who was already at Barrow, they were both brilliant players but Martin was a little bit more sensible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marauder said:

Was he retired when Ronnie Wileman broke his jaw.

Yes, Frank Foster was at Hull KR from 1966-69 and retired in 1973.

If Frank had still been there then Wileman would have soon known that he shouldn't have done it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

One of those "He could have been as good as he wants"  players. Only saw him play once for Hull's first team but he was fast and built like one of those proverbial sh*thouses.

Last I heard about him was only a few months ago...

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/police-hunt-wanted-hull-man-3174598

 

 

I remember those enjoyable Wednesday nights watching the 'A' team games at The Boulevard just after the switch to summer rugby. Bell was usually the star of the show. What a player he could have been.


Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dunbar said:

 

Is this the incident when Radford was sent off?  I have never really understood the perception of that incident from fans.

Yes, Bailey threw a few elbows in the tackle and caught Radford but then Radford swung three punches at Bailey while he was on all fours and didn't see them coming. 

Radford may be a tough guy but I don't think that incident proved it... if that incident were reversed and it was Bailey throwing punches at a blindsided player on the ground he would have been called all the names under the sun.

My perception of it was that Bailey stayed down because he was too scared to stand up and fight (knowing full well he would have got a pasting) but Radford wasn't going to let chivalry stand in the way of his exacting retribution. I think your last sentence hits the nail on the head. People enjoyed it precisely because it was Bailey receiving his comeuppance.

As it happened Bailey came out on top. It left Hull a man down and no way back into the game. Job done.

  • Like 1

Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Ullman said:

My perception of it was that Bailey stayed down because he was too scared to stand up and fight (knowing full well he would have got a pasting) but Radford wasn't going to let chivalry stand in the way of his exacting retribution. I think your last sentence hits the nail on the head. People enjoyed it precisely because it was Bailey receiving his comeuppance.

As it happened Bailey came out on top. It left Hull a man down and no way back into the game. Job done.

Bailey was swinging his elbow in the tackle and was the first offender in that incident.  It is not entirely clear if Bailey knew that Radford was the player he connected with as there were three in the tackle and Radford was the last Hull player to clear the ruck.

What is clear is that Radford started throwing punches at bailey's head when he was still on the ground on his hands and knees and his head was close to the floor.  I am no fan of Bailey but to suggest that Bailey stayed down there when he was being belted on the ground is a little harsh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about a Pack consisting of:

Terry Clawson, Tony Fisher, Jim Mills, Mike Nicolas, Jimmy Thompson and Malcolm Reilly, with Brendan Tuuta on the bench as back up!

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plenty of French ones over the years 

Aurelien Cologni father (Forgot his Christian name complete nutter LOL:)

David Ferriol Catalan Dragons Hard as bloody nails (And lovely guy:)

 

Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Bailey was swinging his elbow in the tackle and was the first offender in that incident.  It is not entirely clear if Bailey knew that Radford was the player he connected with as there were three in the tackle and Radford was the last Hull player to clear the ruck.

What is clear is that Radford started throwing punches at bailey's head when he was still on the ground on his hands and knees and his head was close to the floor.  I am no fan of Bailey but to suggest that Bailey stayed down there when he was being belted on the ground is a little harsh.

Harsh but fair ?

  • Haha 1

Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/05/2020 at 20:50, fatboystu said:

I'd only ever describe Ryan Bailey as a cheap shot, 3rd man, ****house.

And of course you'd say that to his face,no,I thought not.


Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ullman said:

I remember those enjoyable Wednesday nights watching the 'A' team games at The Boulevard just after the switch to summer rugby. Bell was usually the star of the show. What a player he could have been.

Seen alot of them games myself. The hull academy had a good side them days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, terrywebbisgod said:

?????

Ah bless, snooze emoji, you toddler off to bed now chappy, it's way past your ovaltine time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, fatboystu said:

Ah bless, snooze emoji, you toddler off to bed now chappy, it's way past your ovaltine time.

Point proved.Cheers little "man"

  • Haha 1

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Started plenty of fisticuffs which usually ended with him hiding behind Peacock.

He once started a fight with a prone Kevin Brown when Brown was at Huddersfield, he soon disappeared behind Peacock and the others when Brown himself having picked himself up, Keith Mason, Luke O'Donnell and David Fa'alogo went after him and gave him a beating ?

Edited by meast
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...