Fri 29 May: NRL: Sydney Roosters v South Sydney Rabbitohs (Sky TV 10.55am)

Who will win?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Sydney Roosters
    • South Sydney Rabbitohs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/05/20 at 09:55

The most important game in the round. Simply put, the Roosters need to win to avoid going 0-3 having rested Boyd Cordner in the opening rounds. Souths scuffled a win against the Sharks and were poor in defeat to Brisbane. I like Wayne Bennet as a coach though he has had to put up with some tough coaching assignments in his time, I ike the dry sense of humour switching off the ghetto blaster at the end of the FOX latest hip hop NRL pre-season commercial and I will like him all the more when he is the St George coach in a few months.?

Given my tipping record and the stick I might get from certain people... I will do nothing more than leave this here.

DSC_0577.JPG

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Looking forward to this one. I have tipped the Roosters but this could go either way.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

"It's the Red Sox against the Yankees ... it's Celtic versus Rangers ..."

I also swear the virtual crowd just went quiet to respect the kicker. I am outraged.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I had to go out, so missed the start of this match, but it looks like another entertaining one.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tedesco just scored a peach, but the Bunnies won't be happy with that tackling.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Those cardboard cut-outs should be social distancing a bit more diligently, though.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Try for Tom Burgess. He has been strong today in both attack and defence.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Not a happy reunion experience for Mitchell. The Roosters look at least as lethal as last season.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Souths are gone as a top NRL team.

Mid table at best.

Mitchell seems to have played the victim card to his detriment.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Best game of the three, I was concerned when the Roosters started bombing tries in the first half and only had a 6 point lead at the break. I know all of the comments about possession telling towards the end of a game but Souths would have been pleased only being six points down.

Class told in the second half despite the efforts of  Ashley Klien, the referee for whom the captains challenge seems to have been invented..?

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

18 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Take it no Ryan Hall for the Roosters then?

No, he was named among the reserves but didn't make the 17.

2 hours ago, Damien said:

Its great to have the NRL. I must say I am most impressed at the level the games have been played as so far, all things considered. It comes across pretty well on TV too even with no fans.

There are no fans at most normal NRL games so it's just about the same as it was.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Cowboys looking pretty strong , Titans faces up well for a while but faded again , big job for Justin there . Roosters look much more like the Roosters in dispatching a poor Rabbitohs . To me , I’d have Mitchell in the centres . He’s a top centre for start , not a fullback and just doesn’t look physically up to playing fullback at present . Johnston at fullback . Cam Murray is a 13 , he’s there Radley . Wasted on the edge . Why is Graham playing inside Gagai , he’s a winger and Gagai is a rep standard centre . And Adam Reynolds ... boy I always thought he was overrated but that was one of the worst performances by an NRL 7 in ages 

57 minutes ago, thirteenthman said:

Saw this on Facebook, and just checked the game back and it was there with about 29:50 left in the first half. Sat amongst the cardboard cutout crowd was someone who was presumably checking his eyesight again.....

dominiccummings.jpg

#mediascrum

Gets coat.

18 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Roosters look much more like the Roosters in dispatching a poor Rabbitohs . To me , I’d have Mitchell in the centres . He’s a top centre for start , not a fullback and just doesn’t look physically up to playing fullback at present . Johnston at fullback . Cam Murray is a 13 , he’s there Radley . Wasted on the edge . Why is Graham playing inside Gagai , he’s a winger and Gagai is a rep standard centre . And Adam Reynolds ... boy I always thought he was overrated but that was one of the worst performances by an NRL 7 in ages

Can't argue with any of that.  Murray has to be in the middle.  His energy and work rate is just what is needed as teams start to defend repeat sets without a break.  Murray has a better all round game than Radley but it was the latter who starred today because he got a chance to be involved in the middle of the park.

Gagai and Mitchell would provide more strike on the edges while Graham would have been less of a mismatch with Tupou in the aerial battle as well.

I can't help but think that part of attracting Mitchell from the Roosters though was a promise that he would be given the number 1 shirt to make his own as I think he has been pretty vocal about that being his favourite spot.

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

can't help but think that part of attracting Mitchell from the Roosters though was a promise that he would be given the number 1 shirt to make his own as I think he has been pretty vocal about that being his favourite spot.

Indeed , but is it the best use of him . Any transition isn’t easy and have they got the time in a truncated season . They have one of the worlds best centres ... in fact when Roberts returns they have two . They played origin together as such , I’d have them there . Johnston wants to play fullback too ! Interesting comment about Mitchell not being in top shape but losing no weight at all during lockdown , that doesn’t sound great . I’m a huge Murray fan , he certainly has a better all round game than Radley . Don’t get that shift 

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Indeed , but is it the best use of him . Any transition isn’t easy and have they got the time in a truncated season . They have one of the worlds best centres ... in fact when Roberts returns they have two . They played origin together as such , I’d have them there . Johnston wants to play fullback too ! Interesting comment about Mitchell not being in top shape but losing no weight at all during lockdown , that doesn’t sound great . I’m a huge Murray fan , he certainly has a better all round game than Radley . Don’t get that shift 

I agree that Mitchell is far better in the centres than number 1.

Interesting that when Jake Friend scored from his own grubber the commentators were asking where Mitchell was... if you rewind the game he had shot out the line and tried to put a huge hit on one of the Roosters and he was still on the floor 30 yards away from the line when Friend was scoring.  For me this shows he doesn't have the discipline to play at full back. 

He should be in the centre providing a strike weapon.

47 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I agree that Mitchell is far better in the centres than number 1.

Interesting that when Jake Friend scored from his own grubber the commentators were asking where Mitchell was... if you rewind the game he had shot out the line and tried to put a huge hit on one of the Roosters and he was still on the floor 30 yards away from the line when Friend was scoring.  For me this shows he doesn't have the discipline to play at full back. 

He should be in the centre providing a strike weapon.

With Mitchell's lack of discipline, playing centre alongside a safe pair of hands would be ideal. An ideal safe pair of hands would be Brett Morr... oops.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived