Jump to content

Sun 30 Aug: SL: Warrington Wolves v Wakefield Trinity KO 6.30pm (TV)


Who will win?  

33 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Warrington Wolves
      29
    • Wakefield Trinity
      4

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/08/20 at 18:00

Recommended Posts


Wakefield are like one of those Football teams who can play pretty well in the middle of the pitch, but lack something in the opponents' penalty box.

Innes Senior down with an ankle injury.

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Baz says keep your head up Chris Chester, that’s only another nilling and another loss, is that 25 losses from the last 29 SL games! I’ve lost count of the number of players who’ve scored hat tricks against us but hey ho it’s not your fault so don’t worry!

Don’t talk to me about missing players, the teams that are taking the field are good enough personnel wise to get better results and perform to a higher standard than this!

This is absolutely abysmal!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OMEGA said:

Baz says keep your head up Chris Chester, that’s only another nilling and another loss, is that 25 losses from the last 29 SL games! I’ve lost count of the number of players who’ve scored hat tricks against us but hey ho it’s not your fault so don’t worry!

Don’t talk to me about missing players, the teams that are taking the field are good enough personnel wise to get better results and perform to a higher standard than this!

This is absolutely abysmal!

I didnt realise his record was that bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

  1. Jowiit - First Choice Full Back
  2. Croft - Young home grown 20 yr old
  3. Gigot - French International at Centre 
  4. Tupou - First Choice Centre
  5. Senior - Quality Young 20 yr old brought in as cover
  6. Miller - First Choice Half Back
  7. Hampshire - First Choice Half Back
  8. Navarrete- First Choice
  9. Wood - First Choice
  10. Arona - First Choice
  11. Bachelor - First Choice option alongside Kirmond, Crowther etc
  12. Ashurst - First Choice
  13. Westerman - First ChoicE

SUBSTITUTES - 

Crowther - 23 yr old possible First Choice alongside Kirmond, Tanginoa etc

Kirmond - First Choice

Tanginoa - - First Choice Back Rower

Green - Bought by Chester as a First Choice or rotation Prop to replace England

We Have Johnstone & BJB missing who are significant losses, both off the wing. You can argue Lyne but we’ve brought in a French international to cover him so not so much of a loss in reality! Jay Pitts is missing but we have Ashurst, Kirmond, Bachelor, Tanginoa & Crowther all fit so no back row crisis!

Carter has stood Fifita down but Chester has deselected Walker, J Wood, Tangata and Kopczak, while he refuses to select Atkins and King even though they’re fit!

So where is this massive injury list that makes such an impact on the team selection?

Look at the team we started the game with and the bench, they are overwhelmingly majority First Choice players so why are we so abjectly terrible!

The injury excuse just doesn’t hold up when you take a proper look!

Before someone reply’s by stretching reality and names Brough or Arundel to make up a complete backline of injured players please don’t. Go give your head a pull till you hear a squelch then a popping noise as it exits your ass! Wakefield have 2 significant absentees in Johnstone and BJB that’s it!

Edited by OMEGA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Said it before and i will say it again - no relegation so don't need to win! 

I said this to my mate yesterday, the more the season goes on and the more it becomes clear that Wigan, Saints and wire wrap up 3 of the top 4 places, it will be between probably 2 others for the last spot, leaving 6 teams going through the motions for a few weeks.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OMEGA said:

 

  1. Jowiit - First Choice Full Back
  2. Croft - Young home grown 20 yr old
  3. Gigot - French International at Centre 
  4. Tupou - First Choice Centre
  5. Senior - Quality Young 20 yr old brought in as cover
  6. Miller - First Choice Half Back
  7. Hampshire - First Choice Half Back
  8. Navarrete- First Choice
  9. Wood - First Choice
  10. Arona - First Choice
  11. Bachelor - First Choice option alongside Kirmond, Crowther etc
  12. Ashurst - First Choice
  13. Westerman - First ChoicE

SUBSTITUTES - 

Crowther - 23 yr old possible First Choice alongside Kirmond, Tanginoa etc

Kirmond - First Choice

Tanginoa - - First Choice Back Rower

Green - Bought by Chester as a First Choice or rotation Prop to replace England

We Have Johnstone & BJB missing who are significant losses, both off the wing. You can argue Lyne but we’ve brought in a French international to cover him so not so much of a loss in reality! Jay Pitts is missing but we have Ashurst, Kirmond, Bachelor, Tanginoa & Crowther all fit so no back row crisis!

Carter has stood Fifita down but Chester has deselected Walker, J Wood, Tangata and Kopczak, while he refuses to select Atkins and King even though they’re fit!

So where is this massive injury list that makes such an impact on the team selection?

Look at the team we started the game with and the bench, they are overwhelmingly majority First Choice players so why are we so abjectly terrible!

The injury excuse just doesn’t hold up when you take a proper look!

Before someone reply’s by stretching reality and names Brough or Arundel to make up a complete backline of injured players please don’t. Go give your head a pull till you hear a squelch then a popping noise as it exits your ass! Wakefield have 2 significant absentees in Johnstone and BJB that’s it!

What was the team when we beat Warrington earlier in the season?  If all the first choices you list above are correct it must have been the same team apart from BJB and Johnstone and Tupou who missed most of the match.

 Up the Trin 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Said it before and i will say it again - no relegation so don't need to win! 

Thats rubbish. Even if fighting relegation against a top team they would have been hammered.   

More to the point why was Fifita dropped.  He was dropped for not willing to wear a GPS tracker for Covid-19 protocols last week.     This suggests to me that there is something else wrong at Trinity other than non relegation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

More to the point why was Fifita dropped.  He was dropped for not willing to wear a GPS tracker for Covid-19 protocols last week.     This suggests to me that there is something else wrong at Trinity other than non relegation.

Standing Fifita down is no different to similar actions regarding Kay, Walker and Pitts.  All linked to a strange virus doing the rounds.  Surprised you haven't read about it somewhere or like many of us had personal experience due to peoples inability to conform to simple health and safety rules.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

What was the team when we beat Warrington earlier in the season?  If all the first choices you list above are correct it must have been the same team apart from BJB and Johnstone and Tupou who missed most of the match.

 Up the Trin 

Apart from the ones I’ve already listed as other than, which players are NOT seen as First Choice alternatives in the team that played yesterday?

Are you saying that the team that played yesterday aren’t capable of better than what they served up?

Heres the team that beat Warrington 18 - 8 earlier in the season. 12 either played or were fit and available yesterday while Tupou switched to centre to replace Arundel, Gigot replaced Lyne, Kirmond replaced Pitts and Arona came into the team. All three of those are First Choice alternatives to those not selected. In addition Fifita was available but the CEO chose to stand him down.

That’s 3 players added to the 12 who were available or played leaving just the two young wingers who replaced Johnstone & BJB.

As I said in an earlier post, the injury excuse does not hold up when you look at it. 

Wakefield 18 Vs 8 Warrington v Yesterday

  1. Jowitt - Jowitt
    Tupou - Croft
    Lyne - Gigot
    Arundel - Tupou
    Johnsstone - Senior
    Miller - Miller
    Hampshire - Hampshire
    Kopczak - Navarrete (Kopczak was Available)
    K Wood - K Wood
    Tanginoa - Arona
    Pitts - Bachelor
    Ashurst - Ashurst
    Westerman - Westerman
    Subs
    J Wood - Crowther (J Wood was Available)
    Tangata - Tanginoa (Tangata was Available)
    Batchelor - Kirmond
    Navarrete - Green

 

Edited by OMEGA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Standing Fifita down is no different to similar actions regarding Kay, Walker and Pitts.  All linked to a strange virus doing the rounds.  Surprised you haven't read about it somewhere or like many of us had personal experience due to peoples inability to conform to simple health and safety rules.

My point is that its says (BBC) he was dropped for refusing to wear a tracker.

I strongly support people keeping to the rules.  I am very angry to see some young people being irresponsable.  

Some political nutjobs world wide are being the same.

Trinity seemed very flat, limited ideas, for what ever reason in this game, but their opponents may have had some say in the result. When a second rower goes 80m against them then may be a perfect storm got into their way.

Edited by Rupert Prince
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Neil Monaghan said:

If you can't have a dig after having 3 weeks off,you're never going to have a dig,lets see how they go after a run of games 

So Wakefield's ineptitude was down to them being tired rather than there being no relegation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, OMEGA said:

Johnsstone

Very sibilant of you.

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...