LeeF

In the last 24 hours: -

• We’ve got rid of one club leaving a gap in SL
  • Another team has unilaterally said that they have finished for the season
  • Another team has unilaterally decided not to travel to France for a game
  • Another team has had points deducted for breaching CVA payments
  • The play offs have been restructured

So what is next?

• Extra ball introduced in 2hd half to increase entertainment for armchair viewers. On Red Button only
  • Try can only be scored whilst player is in mid-air. Compulsory TV ecision.
  • Scoring Team nominate a one of their own players to leave the field after scoring. In the style of a 90s retro training drill. 
  • Try disallowed if a BAME player has not touched the ball during  last phase of play,

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . .  . . . Which one did you perform? "

Toulouse to be offered an SL place but turn around and say screw you why would we join Super League.

Toulouse, Toronto and New York then join forces. Catalans, Wigan, Leeds, Saints, Warrington and Hull FC say I'll have a bit of that too. Brisbane Broncos take over London again and they too join. Newcastle backers want in and Avignon join. Fev and Leigh ask to join too and are allowed as long as they get no funding. 

Sky say yes please and say we'll give you 30 million a year. French TV then chips in 9 million.

Everyone is happy. 

1 minute ago, Damien said:

Toulouse to turn around and say screw you why would we join Super League.

Toulouse, Toronto and New York then join forces. Catalans, Wigan, Leeds, Saints, Warrington and Hull FC say I'll have a bit of that too. Brisbane Broncos take over London again and they too join. Newcastle backers want in and Avignon join. Fev and Leigh ask to join too and are allowed as long as they get no funding. 

Sky say yes please and say we'll give you 30 million a year. French TV then chips in 9 million.

Everyone is happy. 

Dream on Damien

You are bang on of course but as much chance of that as Robert Elstone coming out fighting as SL CEO and telling them what's what, ( if indeed he knows ),,,,

• A sinister media conglomerate instruct a cabal of cross-grained parvenus to appoint corporate wonks to circumvent the layman's  sense of procedural fairness and due process for pure naked expediency. 

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . .  . . . Which one did you perform? "

2 minutes ago, Dessie O'Hare said:
  • A sinister media conglomerate instruct a cabal of cross-grained parvenus to appoint corporate wonks to circumvent the layman's  sense of procedural fairness and due process for pure naked expediency. 

I will come out of retirement and fight this one pro bono. Looks like seriously good fun,

Whose side do you want me to be on ?

13 minutes ago, del capo said:

I will come out of retirement and fight this one pro bono. Looks like seriously good fun,

Whose side do you want me to be on ?

It will have to be on tick, I've only got a tenner in the bank and my only worldly possession is a signed photo of NCL President Peter Moran

2 hours ago, Dessie O'Hare said:

Thats been happening to us for ages.

Oh by the way, I usually go for bragging, patronising, winding up, threatening and fawning in that order.

I'm working my way towards the end of the line but not got to fawning yet.

I'm holding out for a hero.I hope one appears, before I die.

8 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

I'm holding out for a hero.I hope one appears, before I die.

Plenty of life left in the old dog yet by the sounds of it, Irish. Anyone who was going to take a swing at Fred Jones won`t be pushing up daisies in a hurry.

1 minute ago, The Rocket said:

Plenty of life left in the old dog yet by the sounds of it, Irish. Anyone who was going to take a swing at Fred Jones won`t be pushing up daisies in a hurry.

I was only going to take a swing at him, until I saw him. ha ha ha.

He looked as if he'd been hit by a lot of men, who hit a lot harder than me and survived.

So I played the diplomatic card and shook his hand. 

Great player, great bloke. I met his son too, they had high hopes for him to play for Manly but I don't think he ever did. The article mentions ''The Valley'' which is an amateur Rugby League club based in Harbord, I think. I met a few of their players too.  

Here's Fred (in the middle) on the left is Graham Williams ex-Manly stand off, in black is ''Pommie John'' the then Valley hooker. I'm on the extreme right. 

IMG-20201104-WA0003[1].jpg

2 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

See the post above this one, I forgot to tag you into it.

Me too, I was so busy finding a good photo and putting it up correctly ( I had to get my son to do it ) I forgot to quote you, was just hoping you`d find it, any way all good. Thanks for the photo, nice to put a face to these posts sometimes. 

6 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Me too, I was so busy finding a good photo and putting it up correctly ( I had to get my son to do it ) I forgot to quote you, was just hoping you`d find it, any way all good. Thanks for the photo, nice to put a face to these posts sometimes. 

That was in 1980, 24 years old. 

Archived