Promotion

ernieone

Do any make any real difference to us though

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

8 hours ago, ernieone said:

Which Team will be promoted from Championship 1 to the Championship?

5 runners -  Barrow, Doncaster, Newcastle, Rochdale or Workington.

I hope Toulouse get into sl, because they hardly bring any support so we wont miss out on any revenue.  Who ever does come up will surely bring more support so we are quids in. Its a no brainer.

Don't mention that expansion word

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

11 hours ago, Dog forever said:

I hope Toulouse get into sl, because they hardly bring any support so we wont miss out on any revenue.  Who ever does come up will surely bring more support so we are quids in. Its a no brainer.

Well at the beginning I thought toulouse were nailed on... But the more it goes on.. I doubt it, Elston already rubbished their bid spouting covid issues with traveling.. Then there's London who practically are the dark horses, away from the M62 corridor so would tick the expansion box, Leigh on the field are most likely contenders to compete, York are not ready yet... Featherstone just a little town in Wakefield squeezed between Wakefield and Castleford which haven't got a decent ground between them and been promising for years about development hahaha utter joke, then there's Bradford, they kinda fit what super league are wanting, money thru the turnstiles, local derby's, super league is going to be on its arrrrs.. Backside with a big cut in revenue, so I think they will go with the option of who brings the most money in to super league and who will take the least out of the ever decreasing pi$$ pot of sky's trough, for me the championship needs featherstone, Leigh, York, Bradford ... But doesn't need Toulouse, london on the same principle as super league.. It's gonna be interesting but do not rule Bradford out.. Just yet. 

7 hours ago, fredm said:

The question was Coolie which team will come up into the Championship from League 1?

nothing to do with teams going into Super Duper league.

Promotion for once is not going to be privileged to the best team, I'm just expanding the debate, whoever the lucky 2 teams are, the factors must be transparent... If not the games integrity will fall into the shadows once again. 

I'd go with Barrow as they were the highest placed team from the last full season. 

However, I would have liked to have seen how the East and West conference's, composed of all 24 teams from L1 and CH, that was proposed and voted out, would have gone.

However, I don't think that the timing is right for such a radical shake up, with covid and the financial pressures affecting clubs currently.

Maybe it is something that RFL could push to introduce for the 2024 season, giving all clubs 3 years to prepare and adjust for what is to come.

It would be nice to think the RFL had a vision for the future, that would help to bolster and improve the roots of the professional game.

14 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

I'd go with Barrow as they were the highest placed team from the last full season. 

However, I would have liked to have seen how the East and West conference's, composed of all 24 teams from L1 and CH, that was proposed and voted out, would have gone.

However, I don't think that the timing is right for such a radical shake up, with covid and the financial pressures affecting clubs currently.

Maybe it is something that RFL could push to introduce for the 2024 season, giving all clubs 3 years to prepare and adjust for what is to come.

It would be nice to think the RFL had a vision for the future, that would help to bolster and improve the roots of the professional game.

That would of gone wrong no offence who’s gonna watch Leigh beat West Wales 70/80 points... 

i’d go back to the old Northern Ford way and see what happens... maybe even invite a few more french sides in the competition 

Top 8/9 play off 

No offence taken, and you are right of course, there would be some monumental blow out scores for a few seasons, but things would begin to even out a little, over time. 

I never have bought in to top down approach to the game, strengthening the top, while killing the roots. This needs to be addressed imo.

I see very little difference between clubs like Halifax, Batley and Dewsbury to clubs in L1 like Hunslet, Barrow, Rochdale, Workington or Whitehaven etc. 

I resent the fact clubs like Wakefield, Huddersfield and Salford have seen many times the amount of central funding as we have, it seems a little hypocritical to resent SL for keeping wealth, but apply the same self interested logic in L1 and the CH.

On 23/11/2020 at 16:53, 9' oller said:

Do any make any real difference to us though

Well to fans who like going to away matches I presume that it does.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

17 hours ago, coolie said:

Promotion for once is not going to be privileged to the best team, I'm just expanding the debate, whoever the lucky 2 teams are, the factors must be transparent... If not the games integrity will fall into the shadows once again. 

Wriggling on the spit there Coolie.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I think that Barrow have the best case based upon league positions in 2019, facilities, squad and support.

i wouldn't object if Newcastle got the nod though, largely on the basis of expansion but also by being a club with a real plan for development.

I don't think the rest are genuine contenders.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/11/2020 at 22:56, coolie said:

What integrity? 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, distantdog said:

You can all pop round to mine for a cup of tea................. 

Only £1.50 each! 

£18.00 then. A good day's income.

Archived