Super League Promotion (Merged Threads)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"We've got a bit of a PR issue lads, in that we're seen as a small-town sport with no ambition and an actual hostility towards anyone who might actually want to attract new fans to the game." "Wh

From the fourth largest city in North America to a satellite town of Wigan. Small towns, small ambitions, small chance of expansion. Great chance of remaining small, parochial and northern. 

Congratulations to Leigh Centurions. If every club in the system had to go through this process then they would be one of the top 12 candidates so full credit to them. I hope they give it a great crac

Posted Images

Now Elstone and his crack marketing team can get back to closing that big Dandelion & Burdock sponsorship for 2021.

Apparently testing has proven it complements Tuna Pizza perfectly with the projectile vomiting decreasing significantly

• Haha 6
4 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

Well, having had the curtains drawn on our days in the Rugby League sun by the owners, then the window boarded up, and despite all the gnashing of teeth between Leigh and TWP, I wish nothing but the absolute best for Leigh.  This is your shot and I hope you make it stick.  I hope you shake things up and we can all kick on after this shy test of years.

Thanks for that Canabull , as I put on the threads much earlier in the year , they should have put you in the freezer till next year ( or even the year after ) when hopefully all this madness is over , nobody can factor in what we've been landed with this year 

• Like 1
  • ckn locked this topic
  • ckn unlocked this topic
21 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I'll be "ecstatic" when they have another "injury crisis" or "finance problem" would be apt...

RL isn't big enough to want teams to decline, suffer or go out of business. That has been the most galling thing about reading many posts, of the type you cite, on here over the last couple of years. Still the usual suspects will show faux impartiality and defend them to the hilt. Its a pity the lack of class argument wasn't applied when people were sticking the boot into other teams and the same people were defending that.

I hope Leigh are competitive, grow and get great crowds in Super League. God knows the game needs it.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Damien said:

RL isn't big enough to want teams to decline, suffer or go out of business. That has been the most galling thing about reading many posts, of the type you cite, on here over the last couple of years. Still the usual suspects will show faux impartiality and defend them to the hilt. Its a pity the lack of class argument wasn't applied when people were sticking the boot into other teams and the same people were defending that.

I hope Leigh are competitive, grow and get great crowds in Super League. God knows the game needs it.

Id love to see that. Id love to be wrong. But i just dont think we will see it. 

1 minute ago, GeordieSaint said:

Meh...

... what’s Leigh’s squad looking like?

Well with signing the likes of Ben Flower they've already gone down the road of signing Wigan has beens about 5 years past their best. The proven formula that has seen them relegated before.

• Like 1
Just now, GeordieSaint said:

Meh...

... what’s Leigh’s squad looking like?

Here's what we have so far, in what i think will be their positions. We were already due to sign 3 more players (2nd row and 2 backs) but will probably sign a couple more after todays announcment.

1. Ryan Brierley/ Craig Mullen

2. Ryan Shaw

3. Iain thornley

4. Junior S'au

5. Matty Russell

6. Blake Wallace

7. Joe Mellor/ Jamie Ellis

8. Ben Flower/Nathan Mason/ Mark Ioane/ Adam Sidlow

9. Liam Hood/Matty Wildie

10. Nate Peteru/ Alex Gerrard/ Tom Spencer

11. Ben Helliwell/Jordan Thompson

12. Matty Gee/Andy Thornley

13. James Bell

• Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, Damien said:

Faux indignation and impartiality is annoying isn't it. Allows people to claim no opinion whatsoever!

Like I said I hope Leigh finish at least 11th and knock out a club who voted to give them less money.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Damien said:

That clearly is aimed at me, but it isn't true. I had many arguments with some Leigh fans. You're disappointment is clouding your memory, so I will leave you to it Damien. 

13 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Never mind that , have you moved us yet ? 😉

I see it like my car clock. If I leave it alone for long enough it’ll sort itself 😉 

Failure of humour check: I am joking...

• Haha 5

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"