Is it happening???

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Well... if we're going to sell to someone I'd probably rather the NRL than CVC. 

Also further down the article it's speaking about £20m a year, I hope that's the SL figure after the RFL/Championship have took their share otherwise it's a huge reduction!

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Last month's Grand Final between the Wigan Warriors and St Helens was dramatically won by St Helens in the dying seconds.

The match was the final one in a five-year broadcast deal between the Super League and Sky Sports, which shares the same parent company as Sky News.

Shirley not

7 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I think we knew this was coming from press earlier in the year.  IMO it would be a good thing.  Together we are stronger etc.

The Government review on gambling, irks me somewhat when we have the lotteries rammed down our throats every hour, every day on TV.

1 minute ago, Lowdesert said:

I think we knew this was coming from press earlier in the year.  IMO it would be a good thing.  Together we are stronger etc.

The Government review on gambling, irks me somewhat when we have the lotteries rammed down our throats every hour, every day on TV.

I thought it was a review on gambling and lotteries?

38 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

I'd be happy to see BetFreds profits go to charity.

7 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Yep I get that. You were implying in your post lotteries weren’t impacted. I think they will be

Maybe my typing!  What I meant was that gambling is frowned upon for sponsorship but the national lottery is ignored.  Both have equal downsides imo.

35 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

It can’t hurt to open negotiations with them and see what they’ve got to say and what their idea of Super League looks like. 

Or take a CVC type deal and uses some of the investment to join with the NRL to develop the wider game.

Taking a stake from NRL would mean the NRL would call the shots... our shots.

With our own investment we can deal with the NRL as equals.  "Take back control" as they say. But a joint plan to develop the game is a good idea.

But can some one explain to me...  how many spare tens of millions have the NRL got to flashing around

Just now, Wellsy4HullFC said:

With both competitions running under the same governing body essentially, should hopefully create a greater whole-game vision (including internationals and cross-league competitions).

6 minutes ago, Oxford said:

If it meant a more global & unified approach to rules, internationals and marketing ...snatch their arm off!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

6 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Or take a CVC type deal and uses some of the investment to join with the NRL to develop the wider game.

Taking a stake from NRL would mean the NRL would call the shots... our shots.

With our own investment we can deal with the NRL as equals.  "Take back control" as they say. But a joint plan to develop the game is a good idea.

It could be the best of both worlds where Super League gets a capital injection to invest in things it wants to do and the NRL makes sure it happens without the usual sclerotic in-fighting, all without the usual private equity stripping manoeuvres. 

Archived