Live Rugby League this Weekend

Thought it would be useful for anyone wanting to scratch their itch for live Rugby League. 

Saturday 6/3/21

Batley v Dewsbury (1.30pm) - available via OurLeague for £4.95, £10 on the day. 

Featherstone v Oldham (1.30pm) - available for free via RoversTV by clicking LIVE as the game starts - https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/pre-season-friendlies-confirmed-nTFY1

Catalans Dragons v Elite 1 XIII (2pm U.K. time) - available via Catalans’ YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/AdminCatalansDragons/featured

Bradford Bulls v Swinton Lions (3.30pm) - available via OurLeague for £4.95, £10 on the day. 

I think that’s all but I will update this if any others are being played. 

Edited by Hela Wigmen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Thought it would be useful for anyone wanting to scratch their itch for live Rugby League. 

Saturday 6/3/21

Batley v Dewsbury (1.30pm) - available via OurLeague for £4.95, £10 on the day. 

Featherstone v Oldham (1.30pm) - available via RoversTV by clicking LIVE as the game starts - https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/pre-season-friendlies-confirmed-nTFY1

Catalans Dragons v Elite 1 XIII (3pm, though this may be French time) - available via Catalans’ YouTube channel. 

Bradford Bulls v Swinton Lions (3.30pm) - available via OurLeague for £4.95, £10 on the day. 

I think that’s all but I will update this if any others are being played. 

Ooh. Is that the Dracs' first team against an Elite 1 select team?

7 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Yes.

• Like 1

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

12 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Yeah, AFAIK, there is no Elite 1 rugby this weekend and the best of that league are playing the Dragons first team in Perpignan. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Catalans Dragons v Elite 1 XIII (3pm, though this may be French time) - available via Catalans’ YouTube channel. 

2pm kick-off, UK time.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AdminCatalansDragons/featured

• Like 1

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

On 04/03/2021 at 13:41, Man of Kent said:

I don't know how many substitutions will be allowed, but here is Les Dracs' squad:

Dragons Catalans › News › 2021 › March › The squad to face Elite 1 selection (catalansdragons.com)

And the Selection Elite 1:

Sélection Elite 1 vs Dragons Catalans : le groupe dévoilé - Fédération Française de Rugby à XIII (ffr13.fr)

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Tonnes of French talent with plenty of ex-Catalans players lining up against former teammates. Should be a good watch.

• Like 1

Surely most right-minded folk will be watching Batley v Dewsbury?

Who was it that kept banging on about supporting heartlands clubs?

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

29 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Suspensions count for friendlies?

31 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Stan Robin has dropped out - no idea why at the moment

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

I appreciate Our League have to make a charge for actual league matches but applying a fiver for pre season games is a bit rich. The charge rises to 10 quid on the day 🤪.

These games are basically fitness run outs for the clubs. Yes, it's a novelty attraction to see sides at Championship level back on the field after so long but I do feel Our League are missing a trick here. Plenty of interested punters would tune in for a free friendly just to experience the viewing package being offered. If they like what's on offer (production and quality wise) there's a good chance they'd be back with their cash for the start of the official season.

Even a number of the big hitter Football clubs pump out free to view pre season friendlies for the very same reason, I know Aston Villa TV had remarkably high take up numbers by trialling this method in the past.

Edited by Ramon Rojo
  • Like 3