Latest update on upgrade to Wakefield's ground

3 hours ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

Enabling development won’t be next month, official line is July but i don’t expect that until September at the earliest. They are also trying to wriggle out of their financial obligations again. 

Jesus these people have no shame!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

To quote paul Carrick of Ace. How long has this been going on? Should be wakefields song when tgey run on the pitch.

You need to get out more!

Paul Carrick stands alone, in his own name, as one of the great singer/songwriters of our time.

Cheap shot attempted. Missed. sweet and lovely person.

12 hours ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

Enabling development won’t be next month, official line is July but i don’t expect that until September at the earliest. They are also trying to wriggle out of their financial obligations again. 

Is this true that they have got out of providing a stadium and now trying to get out of funds for the development? There should be hell to pay and who’s responsible?

One thing that baffles me is how Belle Vue got granted a capacity for spectators returning that is only 100 lower than that at the John Smith stadium.

Wakefield council juggling numbers in their favour this time, no doubt.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

16 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

To quote paul Carrick of Ace. How long has this been going on? Should be wakefields song when tgey run on the pitch.

15 hours ago, dboy said:

You need to get out more!

Paul Carrick stands alone, in his own name, as one of the great singer/songwriters of our time.

Cheap shot attempted. Missed. sweet and lovely person.

Paul Carrack is pretty good too 😉

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

23 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

One thing that baffles me is how Belle Vue got granted a capacity for spectators returning that is only 100 lower than that at the John Smith stadium.

Why not read the Govt advice that will answer your question without having to try and besmirch the LA. Its correct. 50% of capacity if its under a certain size then its 4k I think its 30000 but stand to be corrected JS is 20 odd thousand so its 4K

49 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

Why not read the Govt advice that will answer your question without having to try and besmirch the LA. Its correct. 50% of capacity if its under a certain size then its 4k I think its 30000 but stand to be corrected JS is 20 odd thousand so its 4K

Not anywhere near as simple as that. Eg Dewsbury have a capacity of ca5500 but are only allowed 630ish, Fev have a capacity of around 6000 but are allowed 1600 and (I think) York have a capacity of 8000 but will be allowed 2000.

31 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Not anywhere near as simple as that. Eg Dewsbury have a capacity of ca5500 but are only allowed 630ish, Fev have a capacity of around 6000 but are allowed 1600 and (I think) York have a capacity of 8000 but will be allowed 2000.

Exactly. LA's make their own interpretations of government guidance. Hence Wakefield are allowed 4000 in, frankly, a dump. Huddersfield are allowed 4000 in an all seater capacious stadium. All of the clubs in the Wakefield LA have received relatively generous capacity allowances.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 23/05/2021 at 15:13, Blind side johnny said:

13 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Exactly. LA's make their own interpretations of government guidance. Hence Wakefield are allowed 4000 in, frankly, a dump. Huddersfield are allowed 4000 in an all seater capacious stadium. All of the clubs in the Wakefield LA have received relatively generous capacity allowances.

You've answered your own question then.  Job done.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

On 21/05/2021 at 16:26, Forever Trinity said:

New Floodlights have started to go in this week at least one now completed with LED lights new posts put in this is the start.

Along with the news of the Academy a positive week.

That's great, what are the toilets like up them?

7 hours ago, Forever Trinity said:

Grounds with more than 16,000 seats are allowed 25% capacity up to a maximum of 10,000 (though obviously that’s with a 40,000 ‘full’ capacity) so Huddersfield would be allowed 6,000ish alongside Hull and Wigan. However, I believe one side of the ground is being used as a vaccination centre so that may well have had an effect on the potential capacity. 

21 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

Your point is?

As pointless as the one about him suggesting that there would be more Rovers fans at Belle Vue than Wakefield fans at the weekend.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

12 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Grounds with more than 16,000 seats are allowed 25% capacity up to a maximum of 10,000 (though obviously that’s with a 40,000 ‘full’ capacity) so Huddersfield would be allowed 6,000ish alongside Hull and Wigan. However, I believe one side of the ground is being used as a vaccination centre so that may well have had an effect on the potential capacity. 

These are guidelines for LA's only and determine the maximum permitted not the capacity that will be guaranteed. The reality is much more complex and is supposed to be calculated for each specific venue.

17 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

You've answered your own question then.  Job done.

Yes, Wakefield have been more generous, or reckless, in their allocations as I said.

Juggling, in other words.

On 22/05/2021 at 14:11, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

They want to play at Belle Vue but we said no due to wear and tear on pitch so they ended up at fev.  Don’t know if that will change when we get 4 g pitch laid.  I’m a football fan (lapsed against modern football) and would like to see a fairly successful football club in Wakefield and playing in Wakefield.

The key  word in the world of sports  facilities in 2021 is COMMUNITY..If Cas and Wakefield had paid a little more attention to it and got their heads together ,who knows they might have been playing in a new stadium now.I would still recommend Trinity and AFC do just that if they haven’t already done so.Did people really believe  they could get two new stadiums from one local authority?

On 23/05/2021 at 15:13, Blind side johnny said:

We can have more people in cos we are not riddled with the Indian variant of Covid, like the folk in Kirklees are.

The serious answer is based on transit through the stadium, rather than seating space - the attendees at Hudds need to share a smaller entry/exit/channelling system - entry/exit at BV is much more open.

its been advised that before anyone enters belle vue in its current state to watch a game they have had an a jab- for tetanus though- not covid 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Archived