54 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I mean they literally couldn't have found him guilty and given him less.

As I put in another post, 8 games is a lot, minimum punishment possible on the other hand doesn't seem as significant.

8 games for this type of offence isn’t a lot. A quarter of the season for this type of offence isn’t a lot. 

The Tackle It campaign and the 13 seconds are just window dressing based on the length of suspension 

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Aye, let’s compare to an aged ban, when there’s been a high profile case less than a month ago. You’ve used selective examples. It was an unnecessary comparison because the sports and their disciplinary processes are completely different. 

Yes last year is real aged. I suppose a lot happens in a year, some posters reappear with completely different user names and everything.

4 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Seems a lot of the RL journalists aren’t best pleased either. A lot of comparisons to George Flanagan’s ten games for knacker grabbing, which I don’t necessarily agree with. 

Didn't Flanagan have a history of knacker grabbing?

How many times before has Clubb been charged with using racist language?

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

Yes last year is real aged. I suppose a lot happens in a year, some posters reappear with completely different user names and everything.

Same old tune. You keep justifying the RFL and Clubb. Says more about you than the rest of us. 

3 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

Didn't Flanagan have a history of knacker grabbing?

How many times before has Clubb been charged with using racist language?

Yeah, it was his second ban for the same offence, which isn’t being taken into account.

Exactly, it’s not really comparable yet people are using it as a barometer. 

3 minutes ago, LeeF said:

8 games for this type of offence isn’t a lot. A quarter of the season for this type of offence isn’t a lot. 

The Tackle It campaign and the 13 seconds are just window dressing based on the length of suspension 

Well the answer to that is to change the grading system then.

As things stand 8 games seems fair based on his past record. I wouldn't have complained about 10 or 12 games or more either. However I do think with some people that no matter how long this ban was for then it still wouldn't have been long enough.

3 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Same old tune. You keep justifying the RFL and Clubb. Says more about you than the rest of us. 

You really need to work on your comprehension skills as you seem to really struggle to understand what is written.

15 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I wonder if Wigan or the player himself will make a statement?

No apology given still.

Probably wait for the four page feature on his rehabilitation in RLW.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

8 minutes ago, Damien said:

You really need to work on your comprehension skills as you seem to really struggle to understand what is written.

Tiresome insults now. Charming. You keep banging your drum and comparing the incomparable, Damo. 

19 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I wonder if Wigan or the player himself will make a statement?

No apology given still.

I think there will be. From memory, they have always been quite quick to when incidents have happened (Hamblin’s “I kissed a girl and she’d used Colombian Marching Powder as lipstick”, Flower, Hardaker’s drink driving before he officially signed and Mullen’s arrest/drink driving), so I reckon they will tomorrow. They’ll probably have their own internal investigation as well and decide whether to relieve Clubb of his duties, fine him or no further action, so I can’t imagine they’d do all that within a couple of hours of the outcome of this. 

2 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

Please keep this thread civil otherwise it will get locked and none of us will be able to express an opinion on the matter

Should be ok as long as any comments are made in the heat of the moment.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I don't have too much of an issue with this. The sanction for this kind of offence starts at 8 matches and he got 8 matches. I'm not sure why we think he should have got higher than that, I don't think there were aggravating factors. Maybe the anti discrimination campaign for 13 secs in advance could have been classed as one. 

Just now, Dave T said:

I don't have too much of an issue with this. The sanction for this kind of offence starts at 8 matches and he got 8 matches. I'm not sure why we think he should have got higher than that, I don't think there were aggravating factors. Maybe the anti discrimination campaign for 13 secs in advance could have been classed as one. 

I think it’s general feeling around discrimination in society at the minute, the Tackle It campaign, the fact it coincided with Rugby League joining the social media boycott and the allegations around racism from the Jamaica coach last year (that seem to have never really been addressed by the sport) that people think he got off “lightly”, possibly. 

1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I think it’s general feeling around discrimination in society at the minute, the Tackle It campaign, the fact it coincided with Rugby League joining the social media boycott and the allegations around racism from the Jamaica coach last year (that seem to have never really been addressed by the sport) that people think he got off “lightly”, possibly. 

Yes, that was what I meant in the last line with that being an aggravating factor. 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Yes, that was what I meant in the last line with that being an aggravating factor. 

I wasn’t meaning to come across as sarcastic by the way, just I think those factors are at play here and possibly the fact in the statement his ban has actually been reduced because of his record/character, that people aren’t too pleased but I think whatever the penalty he received, there would always be some not happy. 

Just now, Hela Wigmen said:

I wasn’t meaning to come across as sarcastic by the way, just I think those factors are at play here and possibly the fact in the statement his ban has actually been reduced because of his record/character, that people aren’t too pleased but I think whatever the penalty he received, there would always be some not happy. 

Didn't take it that way mate, I agree with the point you made 

The so far lack of comment from the club or player is telling, will we see a apology or will they like the RFL/SL just want it swept under the carpet asap. No matter how it's presented, independent panel, QC etc it's a pathetic outcome that flyes in the face of any discrimination campaign that the game puts out, best to save the money and distribute it amongst the SL clubs.

2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Is eight games lenient? 

No

It's a sensible decision 

8 games is a lot

Clubb has played maybe a dozen years and in my own mind I was not entirely sure if his comment was racial. 

I accept however it was 

Archived