Jump to content

Recommended Posts


  • Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m intrigued as to which SL teams Bradford are allegedly matching with their attendances.    Anyway, looking forward to watching Sunday’s game, the pitch isn’t looking too bad 😉    

If someone had a pitch that was wider than it was long...wouldn't they just play the other way round?

Posted Images

11 hours ago, silverback said:

check your glass.s, you can see clearly the pitch could have been marked out with at least extra 10m each side, 50m becomes 70m, 

Then why wasn't it?

  • Like 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

Yes, The Widnes game was supposed to be our first game back but due to Covid restrictions on fans at Dewsbury we moved back early. As wouldn't of got all Season Ticket holders in. The plan is something similar to the image below so be the same length as it was when Bulls last played at Odsal.

Screenshot_20210526-220758_Chrome.jpg

The Bulls pitch has never been 100m long.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, silverback said:

wonder whos pitch will be next in firing line cos theres a few about wider than they are long.

If someone had a pitch that was wider than it was long...wouldn't they just play the other way round?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

Then why wasn't it?

think they got caught out with bulls coming back unexpected.

Yes, The Widnes game was supposed to be our first game back but due to Covid restrictions on fans at Dewsbury we moved back early. As wouldn't of got all Season Ticket holders in. The plan is something similar to the image below so be the same length as it was when Bulls last played at Odsal.

Screenshot_20210526-220758_Chrome.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, dboy said:

86 metres maximum.

you could be right,but were would the other 25m be at back a sticks.

              

Odsal Stadium
Field size 67.79 m × 111.74 m (222.4 ft × 366.6 ft)
Surface Grass
Scoreboard Manual
Construction
Opened 1933
13 more rows
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

Yes, The Widnes game was supposed to be our first game back but due to Covid restrictions on fans at Dewsbury we moved back early. As wouldn't of got all Season Ticket holders in. The plan is something similar to the image below so be the same length as it was when Bulls last played at Odsal.

Screenshot_20210526-220758_Chrome.jpg

I asked if it was going to be 100M long and you responded as such. Just saying

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spidey said:

I asked if it was going to be 100M long and you responded as such. Just saying

It's physically impossible to get a 100m playing surface on Odsal. The most you can get even adding in the in goal area is 96m if you are generous. 

I cannot believe that what must be millions have spent on a pitch that is 86m long.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

It's physically impossible to get a 100m playing surface on Odsal. The most you can get even adding in the in goal area is 96m if you are generous. 

I cannot believe that what must be millions have spent on a pitch that is 86m long.

Agreed that’s why I was asked and was surprised 🤷🏻‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I asked if it was going to be 100M long and you responded as such. Just saying

You said really? I was replying to Stock Cars and Bulls both having equal say regarding the lease. So I responded yes and then went on to talk about the corners plan not the 100m long pitch.

Edited by Bulls2487
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

You said really? I was replying to Stock Cars and Bulls both having equal say regarding the lease. So I responded yes and then went on to talk about the corners plan not the 100m long pitch.

The picture, the clear picture, posted up thread, clearly shows the pitch at 86 to 87m.  Hopelessly short.  So short that it cannot mark out a 30m line. It is clearly not even 45m to the half way line. Stock cars and Speedway are irrelevant. 

Hundreds of thousands of pounds have been spent, and more seemingly promised, on a stadium that is massively and fundamentally not fit for purpose. 

An old fashioned 100 yards would at least make it 91 to 92 metres.  But 86..!!??

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Look reality is that Bulls dont have the cash to build what is required, namely a 12000 3g facility.  So making Odsal work for now is all we have. 

The alternative is to play outside Bradford which is a slow lingering death.  

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

I love, days after this is in the record books, one of the Bulls players is having to defend himself against a well known York supporter on Twitter.

Wouldn't an alternative view of this be that a well-known York supporter is having to defend his club after one of the Bulls players labelled his club "embarrassing" in a filmed interview?

All a bit undignified either way, but happily they seem to have drawn a line through it now.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Look reality is that Bulls dont have the cash to build what is required, namely a 12000 3g facility.  So making Odsal work for now is all we have. 

The alternative is to play outside Bradford which is a slow lingering death.  

As I’ve said before, the new leisure centre the council has built down the road should have been built at Odsal as part of a York style community stadium. The council, bulls and park Avenue should have worked together to make that happen

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/05/2021 at 22:36, silverback said:

check your glass.s, you can see clearly the pitch could have been marked out with at least extra 10m each side, 50m becomes 70m, then bradford would really turn the screw on visiting teams, all these comments from people who probably never been in odsal.

At the half way line, there was easily 7-8m of additional grass on both sides. Unfortunately, the pitch is currently oval and there was only 7-8cm of spare grass at the corner flags.....

The RFL ( as the head leaseholders) are supposedly working on the temporary corner upgrades. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

As I’ve said before, the new leisure centre the council has built down the road should have been built at Odsal as part of a York style community stadium. The council, bulls and park Avenue should have worked together to make that happen

Few years ago now, but I'd heard the council, Bulls and BPA were broadly on the same page. Unfortunately the RFL are a stakeholder too and were either too greedy/incompetent (delete as required) so the council & BPA went their own way. Thanks RFL. Christ it's good being the RFL's favourites.....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TrueBull said:

Few years ago now, but I'd heard the council, Bulls and BPA were broadly on the same page. Unfortunately the RFL are a stakeholder too and were either too greedy/incompetent (delete as required) so the council & BPA went their own way. Thanks RFL. Christ it's good being the RFL's favourites.....

Odd; I heard completely the opposite.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

God knows but Odsal is it for now.  If Bulls get a home game in the playoffs then hope for another good crowd. York will probably overtake us in long run because when you have the right infrastructure, you can grow.  

Plus being near two SL clubs in Hull makes York the almost de facto choice if Hull or KR have lads they want to loan out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TrueBull said:

Few years ago now, but I'd heard the council, Bulls and BPA were broadly on the same page. Unfortunately the RFL are a stakeholder too and were either too greedy/incompetent (delete as required) so the council & BPA went their own way. Thanks RFL. Christ it's good being the RFL's favourites.....

In the end Odsal as it is will hold them back. After the 2000s they should have looked at moving/ redeveloping and working with stakeholders/ council/ RFL/ ect but obviously financial troubles didn’t help

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...