Bradford back at Odsal

Why not have half way line not at half way. Have it at 50 metres from the Bulls try line. Gives the visiting side a 15 metre advantage and punishing the Bulls for.... Well..for just being. 😀😀😀

“The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.”
 Friedrich Nietzsche

• 1 month later...

Looks  like the RFL have approved that the pitch will continue to be a narrow pitch for the remainder of the season.

Not sure how accurate this is for obvious reasons and no other journalist is reporting on it.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

3 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

Looks  like the RFL have approved that the pitch will continue to be a narrow pitch for the remainder of the season.

Not sure how accurate this is for obvious reasons and no other journalist is reporting on it.

Mad Mick,never known to be wrong 😂

7 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

I doubt there will ever be a full sized pitch at Odsal

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

Wonder what would happen if a Club refused to play on it.

1 minute ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

They would lose 2 points (Maybe more) and be fined LOL:)

They would be in their rights though.  Say, a player dives for the ball in the corner, slides onto track grit and gets a graze on his face - he would be scarred for life.  Wouldn’t happen on grass.

3 hours ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Pitches aren’t important to RFL there’s a few undersized pitches even a few on slopes, wouldn’t be allowed in any other sport.

If you mean the RFL governing body,nothing seems important about the sport as it sleep walks,quite hurriedly,towards oblivion.

Pitch markings don't seem important.

Following on from the good thread about the union club that host Newcastle Thunder,the union and association football clubs that use the 4g that Coventry Bears use,very kindly leave their pitch markings,but fail to put in the correct rugby league pitch markings. 

If the RFL wish to boost their coffers,perhaps fining the clubs for this,and other things,may go some way to getting back the attendances.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

8 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Wonder what would happen if a Club refused to play on it.

They'd presumably forfeit the game 24-0 and probably get fined too. I agree that it isn't fit for purpose, for what it's worth.

5 hours ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Pitches aren’t important to RFL there’s a few undersized pitches even a few on slopes, wouldn’t be allowed in any other sport.

Yeovil Town had a banging slope for years, many a giant killing on it. I think Underhill did too, and Easter Road (not sure if they’ve sorted it out or not). 

Anyone been to Harrogate Railway? Now that's a slope.

Not too worried about slopes, unusually narrow pitches etc, all part of the fun, but why bother specifying minimum pitch sizes if you aren't actually going to enforce them?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

Yeovil Town had a banging slope for years, many a giant killing on it. I think Underhill did too, and Easter Road (not sure if they’ve sorted it out or not). 

Gradients are covered by the FA minimum standards. Which grounds in senior football in England require special dispensation?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

30 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Can someone explain to me the problem that caused Bradford to leave Odsal and did that issue get resolved so they could return ? 

The move was down to rent, business rates and maintenance costs. The club was unable to reach an agreement with Bradford Council and The Rugby Football League, which holds the lease on the ground.

16 hours ago, Spidey said:

They've had what, 2 months to source a contractor.  Its all BS

100% correct.  I know a contractor in Halifax who would bite their hand off for thework.

They have enough volunteers and could quite easily do it themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, wilsontown said:

I mean one of the joys of Mount Pleasant is wondering how the teams will play the slope...

I seem to remember Halifax having a slope.

But first class rugby league should have a standard length and width.  By all means determine what that should be and enforce it. I presume Wembley fits the rules and the in goal area seemed ok.

Odsal is too narrow and too short by 'miles'.  The whole thing about Odsal and RL obsession about it is bizarre.

2 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Odsal is too narrow and too short by 'miles'.  The whole thing about Odsal and RL obsession about it is bizarre.

They had half a million people watch a game there once, in which Bradford weren't playing.

Not sure how many times the club has Imploded since then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, POR said:

The move was down to rent, business rates and maintenance costs. The club was unable to reach an agreement with Bradford Council and The Rugby Football League, which holds the lease on the ground.

Thankyou 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

59 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

100% correct.  I know a contractor in Halifax who would bite their hand off for thework.

They have enough volunteers and could quite easily do it themselves.

40 years ago the corners were on wooden pallets with turf on top - temporary, mobile. How hard would it be for a 21st century version of that? The RFL have obviously decided it's really, really hard. 

• Like 1