Jump to content

Sat 5 Jun: CCSF: Hull FC v St Helens KO 14:30 (TV)


Who will win?  

25 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Hull FC
      9
    • St Helens
      16

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/21 at 14:00

Recommended Posts


2 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

The thing is, imagine Hull were running the length of the field and the Saints chaser suddenly snapped his Achilles and couldn’t tackle the Hull player to stop him scoring.   Would you award the try or disallow it on the basis of assuming the Saints player would stop the score?

Yes but that didn't happen.  

Edited by JohnM

Four legs good - two legs bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Padge said:

Would have been nice to have seen a bit of sportsmanship there, but we are watching St.Helens.

Change the record, every Saints game you show your true colours. Supporting Wigan you should have no say on sportsmanship.

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trying to think of something to do till the other semi now.  Game over here.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Scubby said:

Nothing wrong with the instinct from Fages to score. Saints should have told Hull they could retrieve the kick off unopposed and score to cancel it out.

Agreed, that would have made headlines outside the RL world too, and Saints would still win the game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Scubby said:

Nothing wrong with the instinct from Fages to score. Saints should have told Hull they could retrieve the kick off unopposed and score to cancel it out.

I don’t think it was instinct. He was in obvious pain for a bit and threw the ball away. It wasn’t an injury in the tackle and a loose ball. Ref could have stopped play

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Trying to think of something to do till the other semi now.  Game over here.

There's 12 points in it, how is it over?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Yes but that didn't happen.  

I know but my question is how do you differentiate the two.   In both cases it’s bad luck, but if it’s a defending player (imagine Fages hurts himself and Griffin goes the length to score) would we be debating it? 

Do we disallow tries if a player hurts his arm catching a high ball and drops it?

Edited by Cheshire Setter
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We don’t stop games when players are knocked out and the ball becomes loose. The game shouldn’t and didn’t stop and the instinct on a loose ball from Fages was what you want from a player. People will whinge, they’ll moan but that’s life and that’s this forum. 

Hope Griffin isn’t as badly hurt as it looks, he’s a good player. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's not good sportsmanship to score a try in such a way when a player clearly suffers a serious injury and can't possibly hold onto the ball, however, there's nothing really in place to allow players to do anything other than play on in that situation. The game basically just forces you to take advantage when it seems wrong to do so. In football you just kick the ball into touch. I suppose the Saints players could have thrown the ball into touch themselves but then how would the game be restarted? The ref can't just stop the game once Griffin goes down as there's no way to restart it again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dkw said:

There's 12 points in it, how is it over?

Just a gut feeling.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

It's 100 times better if you are on the BBC HD channel.

much better - the same thing but with the touch judges acne scars 

did the bloke who invented the phrase "one hit wonder" invent anything else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very torn on the Fages try. The sport is about winning and Fages would have been panned by our fans if he didn't score and we went on to lose. Equally, it didn't look good.

Very awkward, almost no win position. 

More important than all of that, horrible injury and let's wish a speedy recovery to Griffin.

  • Like 1

Twitter: @TrylineUK
Latest Blog: The Play Off Pinnacle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Hela Wigmen said:

 

Hope Griffin isn’t as badly hurt as it looks, he’s a good player. 

From memory hes had achilles problems in the past so this could be a major problem for him unfortunately,  though hopefully it isn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I know but my question is how do you differentiate the two.   In both cases it’s bad luck, but if it’s a defending player (imagine Fages hurts himself and Griffin goes the length to score) would we be debating it? 

Do we disallow tries if a player hurts his arm catching a high ball and drops it?

Its not possible to  differentiate between something that did happen and something  that didn't.  

Four legs good - two legs bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

We don’t stop games when players are knocked out and the ball becomes loose. The game shouldn’t and didn’t stop and the instinct on a loose ball from Fages was what you want from a player. People will whinge, they’ll moan but that’s life and that’s this forum. 

Hope Griffin isn’t as badly hurt as it looks, he’s a good player. 

Nope. Referees can and do stop play for head injuries

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reynolds has done nothing in this game, and I still think Connor at full back is a waste, he needs more involvement and should be in the half's. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bod said:

Change the record, every Saints game you show your true colours. Supporting Wigan you should have no say on sportsmanship.

Give over. Scouse morals on view for the whole of the UK to see. End of. Do you see?

  • Haha 1

Four legs good - two legs bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

Give over. Scouse morals on view for the whole of the UK to see. End of. Do you see?

Another one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...