Cup final tickets

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

That’s how I feel. I bought a ticket many months ago but if it’s going to be 22.5k capacity - as currently permitted - I’d rather a York or Fev fan got to see their club at Wembley. 

I would imagine that there were 5k or 10k tickets presold for 2020 which, if they have rolled over, doesn't leave many for the 4 clubs' fans involved in the matches.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I would imagine that there were 5k or 10k tickets presold for 2020 which, if they have rolled over, doesn't leave many for the 4 clubs' fans involved in the matches.

Indeed. I'd be more than happy to get a refund to allow it to be resold.

The Challenge Cup Final at Wembley is currently allowed 21k supporters. The Euro's games are test events. Once there has been a decision from Government as to the safety of those games, they will determine whether the RFL will be legally allowed to sell any more than that number. It isn't a difficult concept to understand, and certainly not a stick to beat the RFL with on this occasion.

10 hours ago, yipyee said:

We are lucky in a way as the Euros semis and final are all at Wembley and there is already huge pressure to allow the capacity to be increased to full capacity. If this happens then the precident has been set for us

Unfortunately it isn’t entirely compatible in relation to the Challenge Cup Final. I believe UEFA are paying for an exclusion zone of sorts around the stadium whereby you can only gain admittance with proof of negative tests within x number of hours etc (which is also being funded by UEFA). It is practical for UEFA to foot such costs with Wembley hosting so many games, but not really financially viable for one game for the RFL. 

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

There won’t be, Cas only have about 2000, they we’re trying to sell match tickets to Leeds fans with a 4000 capacity limit 

You don’t know for sure. There’s nothing wrong with the current approach 

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

There won’t be, Cas only have about 2000, they we’re trying to sell match tickets to Leeds fans with a 4000 capacity limit 

Do 2000 at one each, saints have 6000 what about fev and york? Say 500 each thats 9k on top of 17k sold, what does that leave? 

That would be oversold 3500 tickets on the current capacity

I would imagine with the euro final set at 45k then the RFL are holding out for that capacity rather than 25%

34 minutes ago, Spidey said:

There’s nothing wrong with the current approach 

Other than the fact we have a Final in 5 weeks time and no tickets are on sale to anybody, we should at least sell tickets up to the capacity at current restrictions, if more go on sale at a later date that’s great. People should be planning and booking travel and accommodation, without a match ticket many won’t be doing that.

5 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Other than the fact we have a Final in 5 weeks time and no tickets are on sale to anybody, we should at least sell tickets up to the capacity at current restrictions, if more go on sale at a later date that’s great. People should be planning and booking travel and accommodation, without a match ticket many won’t be doing that.

Doing it that way we could end up with one team getting more tickets than another - that isn't how cup finals generally work

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Never heard of Members buying tickets for their mates who may just go to the odd game.How many tickets per member not many will buy if just one who wants to be Johnny no mates.So 2=3 or a maximum of 4 for a family so that would bring it up to 6000 to 8000 just for members.

9 hours ago, yipyee said:

Do 2000 at one each, saints have 6000 what about fev and york? Say 500 each thats 9k on top of 17k sold, what does that leave? 

That would be oversold 3500 tickets on the current capacity

I would imagine with the euro final set at 45k then the RFL are holding out for that capacity rather than 25%

Fev have 1000 + season ticket holders.

I've heard today that the RL want the supporters of the 1895 final out straight after the final whistle thus allowing more fans in for the cup final. Don't know how that would work especially if some have tickets already for both games.

2 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I've heard today that the RL want the supporters of the 1895 final out straight after the final whistle thus allowing more fans in for the cup final. Don't know how that would work especially if some have tickets already for both games.

Would be very hard to implement. Take me and my partner for example - bought tickets last month because we support both York and Cas. There’s no way I’m leaving after the York game, I want to stay and watch both my teams win 😉

The only way RFL can make it work is to send 2 types of ticket to both York and Fev - 1 more expensive type for both games, and 1  (cheaper) ticket for the 1895 final only. House the latter in one block(s) and then it’s a case of the stewards ensuring they leave in a timely manner.

2 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Would be very hard to implement. Take me and my partner for example - bought tickets last month because we support both York and Cas. There’s no way I’m leaving after the York game, I want to stay and watch both my teams win 😉

The only way RFL can make it work is to send 2 types of ticket to both York and Fev - 1 more expensive type for both games, and 1  (cheaper) ticket for the 1895 final only. House the latter in one block(s) and then it’s a case of the stewards ensuring they leave in a timely manner.

Is us mere mortals ( no offence intended lol) can think of this surely the RL can.

3 hours ago, Fevrover said:

The 1895 Cup Final shouldn’t be at Wembley this year, play it at Headingley or Huddersfield 

1 minute ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

The 1895 Cup Final shouldn’t be at Wembley this year, play it at Headingley or Huddersfield 

The two covid hotspots?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

20 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Well thats up to the RL to decide and they knew about this pandemic so should have done  it before now so fans like us didn't get our hopes up of a usually impossible chance of our team/s playing at Wembley. 

48 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Bit late now. You’re just trying to create problems where none exist aren’t you?

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I personally think that even if allowed 45000 the RFL will be lucky to sell all the tickets sadly the CC is on its last legs .

Haha has the final ever been below 45k?!

Archived