Sun 4th Jul: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

Discuss this week's Betfred League 1 games here.

SUNDAY 4th JULY
Workington Town v West Wales Raiders KO 14:00
North Wales Crusaders v Keighley Cougars KO 14:30
Barrow Raiders v Doncaster KO 15:00
Coventry Bears v Hunslet KO 15:00
Rochdale Hornets v London Skolars KO 15:00

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, John Drake said:

SUNDAY 4th JULY
Workington Town v West Wales Raiders KO 14:00

18 minutes ago, clwydianrange said:

All home wins

Also I’ve just seen on Crusaders website that they have lobbied the council and attendance has been increased to 500 to allow away supporters who had booked accommodation to attend.

I was about to post the same but you just beat me to it.🙂

Here's the link for our friends from Keighley, we look forward to seeing you on Sunday.😎

https://northwalescrusaders.com/2021/06/29/away-fans-able-to-attend-crusaders-v-keighley/

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

4 hours ago, John Drake said:

Discuss this week's Betfred League 1 games here.

SUNDAY 4th JULY
Workington Town v West Wales Raiders KO 14:00

Town

Cru

Barrow

Hunslet

Skolars

Workington Town v West Wales Raiders 
North Wales Crusaders v Keighley Cougars 
Barrow Raiders v Doncaster 
Coventry Bears v Hunslet 
Rochdale Hornets v London Skolars 

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

On 29/06/2021 at 17:07, Barley Mow said:

Workington Town v West Wales Raiders
North Wales Crusaders v Keighley Cougars
Barrow Raiders v Doncaster 
Coventry Bears v Hunslet 
Rochdale Hornets v London Skolars

I agree.

When it comes to a game like this I don't like to make predictions. A lot depends on how Doncaster start the game. Barrow have Ritson out but Shaw back. 3/4s will be fine. Halves will be fine and we're picking from strength in the forwards. If Taulapapa is on his game at FB then Dons have half a chance.

It should be quite an occasion in Colwyn Bay today, with our first home game in front of fans for 497 days, and the first League 1 game in front of fans in North Wales for 22 months.

It's been a long wait, and I for one am looking forward to it.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

5 hours ago, fearnowt said:

It should be quite an occasion in Colwyn Bay today, with our first home game in front of fans for 497 days, and the first League 1 game in front of fans in North Wales for 22 months.

It's been a long wait, and I for one am looking forward to it.

Happy home crowd so far too… 26-0. 

Lower crowd expect at Barrow today due to a few factors

Horrendous weather forecast, lots of hangovers from the Euro’s, Back to back home  games, way less travelling supporters  etc

guesstimate 1600/1700 

HT Barrow 12-0 but Dallimore straight red which seemed very harsh as it looked a genuine attempt at trackless, Yet a few high shots have gone in without even a yellow in sight, Going to struggle now with a man down for the entire 2nd half.

arm wrestle until late in the half where Jamie ( Raheem Sterling esq ) dribbling skills saw the first TD & a well worked 2nd followed.

Hope Barrow see this out.

Just now, mickmike wilson said:

HT Barrow 12-0 but Dallimore straight red which seemed very harsh as it looked a genuine attempt at trackless, Yet a few high shots have gone in without even a yellow in sight, Going to struggle now with a man down for the entire 2nd half.

arm wrestle until late in the half where Jamie ( Raheem Sterling esq ) dribbling skills saw the first TD & a well worked 2nd followed.

Hope Barrow see this out.

How have Barrow got away with naming Nathan Mossop in today’s team ? He was knocked out cold last week and by his own admission couldn’t remember anything of the game. I thought that was supposed to be a mandatory 14 day standing down ?

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

I’m not one to slate Refs but….He seems to have a different rule book for  each team here, More high head shots by Donny go without a talking too yet gives us the penalty wtf Ref, Dally got sent off & several worse offences go totally unpunished??

Barrow 19-6 atm

2 minutes ago, mickmike wilson said:

I’m not one to slate Refs but….He seems to have a different rule book for  each team here, More high head shots by Donny go without a talking too yet gives us the penalty wtf Ref, Dally got sent off & several worse offences go totally unpunished??

Barrow 19-6 atm

True Im getting the same take as you on this ref , Donny look nothing special really a sluggish team with sporadic  flashes of skill, very lucky not to be down to 12 men. 

FT 31-6 

Can't see anyone stopping this JUGGERNAUGHT.....Barrow are only going to get stronger as our injured strike players return & add even more quality to this team.

Attendance 2005 is another top draw attendance all things considered.

As for this ref.........no more comment besides grrrr.

Archived