Jump to content

Match thread: 1895 Cup final at Wembley. Featherstone v York Saturday 17th July


Recommended Posts

Right, 12 out of 12 in the league, some superb rugby played in those games. We'll put that on hold for a day out in North London.

What will the team be? Hard to say. The 17 that played against Widnes all seemed to come through unscathed, but of course Dagger will be unavailable. Rare appearances for Beckett, Spence and Sweeting who are now in with a shout of a Wembley appearance 

Of the players who missed that game:

Long term injured: Bussey, Day, Minns, Welham and also Fergie, despite making the 21 man squad last couple of weeks. Also Blackmore suspended.

Recent absentees: Lockwood,  Holmes, Hall, Halton, Parata. Don't know which of these are Covid related. Hope some of them can play on Saturday.

Doyle and Summers may have to come into contention too depending on numbers, despite one match between them all year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, marklaspalmas said:

Recent absentees: Lockwood,  Holmes, Hall, Halton, Parata. Don't know which of these are Covid related. Hope some of them can play on Saturday.

 

This is the key factor isn't it? The late withdrawal of Hall and Parata on Sunday morning does leave you wondering.

If one or two of our absentees return I'd fancy us to win comfortably, but if many more are ruled out this week we'd be struggling to put 17 on the field. Definitely wouldn't be having a bet on this until the last minute.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

This is the key factor isn't it? The late withdrawal of Hall and Parata on Sunday morning does leave you wondering.

If one or two of our absentees return I'd fancy us to win comfortably, but if many more are ruled out this week we'd be struggling to put 17 on the field. Definitely wouldn't be having a bet on this until the last minute.

The report for Sunday’s game  on clubs website says Hall and Parata missed game with light knocks in training but unfortunately not sure what to believe these days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/07/2021 at 11:57, elppaxr2i said:

Fev 0 York 42 👀👀

Fev 63 York For two.  Or you missed to 10 out of the first if included it would be Fev 100 York 2. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robert Hicks will referee the 1895 Cup Final between Featherstone Rovers and York City Knights at Wembley Stadium on Saturday. The 1895 Cup Final will not have a video referee with Mike Smaill and Nick Bennett the appointed in-goal officials.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/07/2021 at 15:38, jamescolin said:

Fev 63 York For two.  Or you missed to 10 out of the first if included it would be Fev 100 York 2. 

Might not be far off the original prediction based on this mornings statement

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find it somewhat  of an ambiguous statement we'ave notified  RFL but who's got it players coaches Mark sally from the office or grounds keeper willy my understanding is you need seven players to have it to call off game well on sunday we had 17 covid free lads who could have played at wembley so have some of them suddenly got the virus 

clubs said A squad of players who have tested negative are taking additional precautions since testing to ensure that they minimise any further risk of contracting the virus. now is that a squad of 21,,19, 17 

Now it's protocol to notify the RFL of any new cases at the club no matter who they are is that what we have done or are we really up SH£T creek without a paddle🛶

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Christ on a bike. Spent about £600 on trains and hotels for the family. All non-refundable. This screening of healthy people with no symptoms is insane. As a society, we've collectively lost our marbles.

 

It's a new virus and hence people don't know the long term implications of it, such as Long Covid, which effects one in eight people. It's really bad news, but health has to be the main concern.

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Monkeymagic22 said:

It's a new virus and hence people don't know the long term implications of it, such as Long Covid, which effects one in eight people. It's really bad news, but health has to be the main concern.

 

 

 

These are fit young men. Their risk of any bad effects is so miniscule, there is probably more chance of them becoming seriously injured by a homicidal pair of swimming trunks.

Edited by David Shepherd
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I'm more bothered about the availability for the Toulouse game.

Imagine the meltdown in the wider RL community if we got that cancelled due to Covid absences. 

  • Like 1

Please view my photos.

 

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

 

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

 

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, POR said:

so looking on the brightside of life  if we'are  testing players must mean at the moment we   have a least 17 covid free or why bother

" Always look on the bright side of life, de dum, de dum etc etc" 

Good luck lads with your testing, from a concerned Knights fan.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Slightly more upbeat view from Aaron Bowervia TXIIRTEEN website.

Not going to repoduce it all as it's a subscription site but he says "there is still a strong portion of the squad who returned negative tests" and also points out thata s Fev have not trained for the last 10 days barring the Captain's run those who have tested positive won't have had much contact with the rest of the squad.

Also interesting news: York have announced that Hull KR's Mikey Lewis, who played on loan for them in the 1895 semi final, has returned to them on loan and is eligible to play in the final. Does this mean a deal has been done with the RFL allowing Dagger to play?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Slightly more upbeat view from Aaron Bowervia TXIIRTEEN website.

Not going to repoduce it all as it's a subscription site but he says "there is still a strong portion of the squad who returned negative tests" and also points out thata s Fev have not trained for the last 10 days barring the Captain's run those who have tested positive won't have had much contact with the rest of the squad.

Also interesting news: York have announced that Hull KR's Mikey Lewis, who played on loan for them in the 1895 semi final, has returned to them on loan and is eligible to play in the final. Does this mean a deal has been done with the RFL allowing Dagger to play?

I would have thought if he played for the in the semi unlike dagger he will be registered to play in final

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, POR said:

I would have thought if he played for the in the semi unlike dagger he will be registered to play in final

By the letter of the law, yes. The law doesn't state anything about having gone back to the parent club between the semi and the final, so yes he will be eligible.

I'd like to think that in the light of this news and the fact that we're struggling to raise a team York and the RFL might have a second look at Dagger's eligibility, but we'll see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...