Rugby League World Cup 2021 (Merged Threads)

22 hours ago, Joe Aitcheson said:

I presume that was tongue in cheek Mr Frisky, the Aussies have been pathetic but the rugger b******s have been far worse, as you’d know if you knew your RL/ru history. I just hope that the person at RLHQ who decided back in the 80’s not to renew the patent on the title “Rugby World Cup” was sacked with immediate effect.

You cannot patent a name especially a generic one. You might be able to argue for it being a trademark but even that is debatable. 

25 minutes ago, dkw said:

Just saw on social media someone mentioned some female players had made life decisions based on the world Cup, including putting of having children. Not sure how true it is but there will have been impact on people's lives.

They may have successfully coerced the women and the Pacific players into joining their power play on this occasion, but those sportsmen and women will have long memories.

Ruling through threats and fear always come back to bite you in the end. We may be powerless over here, but a substantial number of players at the heart of the Australian game won't forgive V'landys and Co for how they treated them. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, dhw said:

You cannot patent a name especially a generic one. You might be able to argue for it being a trademark but even that is debatable. 

So why then don’t we start naming our world cups as “Rugby world cups” from 2022 onwards???? We were, after all, the original by some 33 years!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Joe Aitcheson said:

So why then don’t we start naming our world cups as “Rugby world cups” from 2022 onwards???? We were, after all, the original by some 33 years!

I remember the question on QOS , Matt whatsisface was amazed 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lucky 7 said:

To say that V'landys is up his own backside is an understatement

Remember Vlandys is from the streets.

He is very politically astute. At heart, deceitful and untrustworthy.

This is his way of warding off the effect of the few pro-World Cup (truthful) stories that have leaked out over there.

He knows that one sure fire way to rally support around him, is to suggest that an English man talked down to him.

This will cause a conniption in 98% of bonafide, ocker Aussies.

27 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I remember the question on QOS , Matt whatsisface was amazed 

I don’t watch QOS on principle, as they have always had one team captain from the kick n clap establishment, like Matt Dawson who always came off the field cleaner than when he went on. So are you saying Gubrats, that this apology for a sports quiz actually asked the question of “when was the first Rugby World Cup” ???

49 minutes ago, Damien said:

And on the day the World Cup is cancelled the Kangaroos release their hypothetical team. A team that never plays. Its like a sick joke:

I assume that the ‘since 1908’ bit refers to the last time they won a game or series?

51 minutes ago, Damien said:

And on the day the World Cup is cancelled the Kangaroos release their hypothetical team. A team that never plays. Its like a sick joke:

Tonga would smash them....again!

35 minutes ago, Joe Aitcheson said:

I don’t watch QOS on principle, as they have always had one team captain from the kick n clap establishment, like Matt Dawson who always came off the field cleaner than when he went on. So are you saying Gubrats, that this apology for a sports quiz actually asked the question of “when was the first Rugby World Cup” ???

No. It was a which is oldest question.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

9 hours ago, dkw said:

Just saw on social media someone mentioned some female players had made life decisions based on the world Cup, including putting of having children. Not sure how true it is but there will have been impact on people's lives.

I saw that. It went along the lines of jobs, children & weddings put on hold for the chance of lifetime.  I expect those people will change their priorities now and could be unavailable next year

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, Damien said:

They are just trolling Dutton & his team plain and simple. It’s disgusting 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I saw that. It went along the lines of jobs, children & weddings put on hold for the chance of lifetime.  I expect those people will change their priorities now and could be unavailable next year

It will be a thing.

And now think about the same group not knowing whether the next World Cup is 2025 or 2026 or happening at all.

Someone can come along to blame union for the current state of league.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 hours ago, Damien said:

It’s the worse parody of Bullseye of all time - look at what you could have won 

• Haha 3

I feel nothing but sympathy for the players who've been denied the opportunity of representing their country in what may be their final chance.  I also feel absolute disgust with the sh"ts who are running the game in Oz.  If ever you needed to see an example of self-servers I give you Vlandys and his crew. The players over there need to make their voices heard so these idiots understand the gravity of the situation they've created.

Edited by Faithful1865
  • Like 5

I have sympathy for the players, but I can't let this pass next year. I'm starting a protest group where we'll boo every Kangaroo and Kiwi activity over here during the WC, including protesting outside their hotel and training ground. 

Anyone in? 

We do need an escape driver if anyone's available. We'll show those bastards what we think. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Dave T
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I have sympathy for the players, but I can't let this pass next year. I'm starting a protest group where we'll boo every Kangaroo and Kiwi activity over here during the WC, including protesting outside their hotel and training ground. 

Anyone in? 

We do need an escape driver if anyone's available. We'll show those bastards what we think. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Great picture of your Dave… 

(Which one is he folks?).

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

I assume you mean 3 years after that? Unless I've missed something and its now 2026?

Please no for 2026: that will again clash with the Soccer World Cup!!!

Does anyone know if the next RL World Cup will definitely be in 2025 and then four years after that? Has anything official been announced about that?

Edited by Jim from Oz

9 hours ago, Damien said:

They will be playing at the end of the season - at least 2 tests I reckon. And the authorities won't do a thing about it.

13 minutes ago, Jim from Oz said:

Please no for 2026: that will again clash with the Soccer World Cup!!!

Does anyone know if the next RL World Cup will definitely be in 2025 and then four years after that? Has anything official been announced about that?

I'm pretty sure that in the press conference they confirmed it would be 2025.

That assumes Australia and New Zealand are happy to play then though!

12 hours ago, gingerjon said:

He’s read some Brexit speeches and knows he needs a permanent enemy - regardless of truth - to keep the faithful sated.

I would let it go if I were you. Or disappear to the Guardian for a bit.

• Like 1