Crusaders v Barrow

IanMac

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

To make teams complete the full fixture list would defeat the object of having a percentage system.

Yes but our home game with Barrow could possibly generate about £30,000 if we could pull in 3,000 as Barrow did , which is desperately needed cash for a Club in our position .

13 hours ago, DavidM said:

That match is already on YouTube ! I’d really like us to look at getting  more game highlights on social media . Hunslet have a fantastic youtube set up for instance 

I'd settle for an RC commentary! I was eyes fixed on flashscore .

That match is already on YouTube ! I’d really like us to look at getting  more game highlights on social media . Hunslet have a fantastic youtube set up for instance 

All Crusaders games, home and away, are on YouTube. I don’t know the restrictions but some are streamed live.

All Crusaders games, home and away, are on YouTube. I don’t know the restrictions but some are streamed live.

13 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

To make teams complete the full fixture list would defeat the object of having a percentage system.

Not true, the percentage system is only a precautionary tool in case the league had to be abandoned or too huge a fixture back log. This hasn't really transpired so there will be no real reason to complete the very few fixtures which were postponed, especially now that there is no World Cup to clash with. 

12 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

Not true, the percentage system is only a precautionary tool in case the league had to be abandoned or too huge a fixture back log. This hasn't really transpired so there will be no real reason to complete the very few fixtures which were postponed, especially now that there is no World Cup to clash with. 

Course it’s true , that’s the whole point of points percentage due to COVID . There’s no guarantee of playing the fixtures . Only if there’s a gap in the schedule is there a possibility of replaying it . Where does it say anything about extending the season , or are we changing the rules at the last second again ?

I find it incredible that Barrow have lost 2 games. They have a championship level squad who would hold their own in that division IMO. A team with Forster the Walnes, Stack and Emmet in the pack should be strolling our league. So could Cresta be the problem? always rated him and would have loved to have him at DP but I think he's just got too cocky. . We are so lucky to have Chris Thorman at our club, he's a notch above any other coach in our league. It's frightening to think what he would have done with some of that Barrow forward power in our team. 👍👌👋👋👋

22 hours ago, silverfox said:

We need to go up as champions  and get out of this league The RL are going on about restructure  So we don't want to be giving them a chance of reducing 3 leagues as it is now , to 2 as is being talked about in different quarters .and ending up as a amateur club  .  

Totally agree with this post, if the percentage system remains we know what is required, in my opinion an easier run in than having to play Barrow at home and Rochdale away. In financial terms how can you compare a one off home game against Barrow against a full season in the Championship.  In addition, there will be no guarantee of promotion thro the play offs - all the promotion chasing teams will strengthen.

18 hours ago, town blue said:

Totally agree with this post, if the percentage system remains we know what is required, in my opinion an easier run in than having to play Barrow at home and Rochdale away. In financial terms how can you compare a one off home game against Barrow against a full season in the Championship.  In addition, there will be no guarantee of promotion thro the play offs - all the promotion chasing teams will strengthen.

Hang on a minute, for the last few weeks Town fans on this forum have been pushing for midweek fixtures or an extension to the season now the World Cup has been postponed. Now you are changing your minds and hoping it ends with the games being scrapped and using the percentages? Didn't the Barrow coach himself a few weeks ago say that he would hope that now the games could be fully played out and that would be the best way to get an honest table at the end of the season? He said this even though it could have easily worked against their advantage at the time. 

15 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

Hang on a minute, for the last few weeks Town fans on this forum have been pushing for midweek fixtures or an extension to the season now the World Cup has been postponed. Now you are changing your minds and hoping it ends with the games being scrapped and using the percentages? Didn't the Barrow coach himself a few weeks ago say that he would hope that now the games could be fully played out and that would be the best way to get an honest table at the end of the season? He said this even though it could have easily worked against their advantage at the time. 

Didn’t he say in the RLE ( obviously before Sunday when they were top ) that getting here would be enormously difficult and unfortunately it may not be played ?

45 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

You hang on a minute Johnny, for weeks now the Barrow fans haven’t been bothered about no new date set for the derby. Now though, they’re getting nervous and starting to complain about the lack of a new date. Funny that!
Surely, if the clubs can’t agree a date, then the RFL will rule on the matter?
Job sorted.

Would love to play Barrow up here on a rearranged Sunday. It would be a massive cash injection for the club, just like it was for Barrow down there. If the games can't be rearranged then so be it. Being a season ticket holder, I wouldn't be too chuffed about only seeing 5 games. 🤔

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Didn’t he say in the RLE ( obviously before Sunday when they were top ) that getting here would be enormously difficult and unfortunately it may not be played ?

Watching the YouTube games of NWC over the last few weeks they have got some good strong players back and are playing on top form, there is a good chance it could all change again this weekend, I personally would still like to see it all played out in full as I have not been a fan of this percentage system from day one. If COVID calms down and there is very little or no disruption in the final weeks then there is no reason whatsoever it cannot go to a fixture completion extension period, it's only a few games after all and as mentioned it will generate much needed money. It will be interesting to see how you guys then react if NWC do turn you over at home? 

14 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

It will be interesting to see how you guys then react if NWC do turn you over at home? 

Well first of all given your previous posts about us I’m sure you’d love it. Both teams have got hard remaining games to get over before any potential rearranged game 

People are forgetting what happened , when the league had a  restruction near the end of the season  and we had to play Swinton away .a week after the season should have finished, Some players couldn't play because they had booked family holidays . Plus some players contracts might be up on the date the season was supposed to finish .  So it isn't quite so simple or clear cut  to extend . Yes we all think all matches should be played  to get the true league winners . But sometimes things don't work out that way .  So just get behind the team and see us through to the end and hopefully we will still be top . UTT  

1 hour ago, silverfox said:

People are forgetting what happened , when the league had a  restruction near the end of the season  and we had to play Swinton away .a week after the season should have finished, Some players couldn't play because they had booked family holidays . Plus some players contracts might be up on the date the season was supposed to finish .  So it isn't quite so simple or clear cut  to extend . Yes we all think all matches should be played  to get the true league winners . But sometimes things don't work out that way .  So just get behind the team and see us through to the end and hopefully we will still be top . UTT  

We got absolutely shafted by the RL that season but we done what Town do, just took it on the chin and got on with it. Looks like we needn't bother turning up on Sunday according to Mr Ringo. 🤔🙄

Archived