Batley V Bradford

greydog

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Just watching the recording of the match. We have been pretty good so far.

I might do the same, once my heart rate has normalised.

Although, I'm not sure I would fancy us to win once they got back to 16-10 and that forward pass ruling from Johnson to Hall went against us, even on a second viewing. 

Great game of footy, on the edge of seat stuff  and well worth staying up for. The Dogs defence was terrific despite Bradford being held up over the line a number of times. Will the Dogs make the trip to France due to Covid? If so hope it's  televised.

5 hours ago, frank said:

Great game of footy, on the edge of seat stuff  and well worth staying up for. The Dogs defence was terrific despite Bradford being held up over the line a number of times. Will the Dogs make the trip to France due to Covid? If so hope it's  televised.

F   Toulouse' play DOGS kick  off at 3.15pm. The final will take place on Sunday October 10th at 6pm and will be televised live on Sky, as will all the other games in the play-offs.

Yes they are going to France, on a chartered plane, then about an hour coach ride to the ground, play the match then a hour coach ride back to the airport, then back on the airplane all completed in 24 hours.

Obviously there is getting to and from the airport in England as well.

I am sure they will get some food at some point.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

Well done on a well deserved win.Like i said in an earlier post you have the best Batley side i have seen since the one that won The National Rail Cup.Good ball control you do the basics well and Gilmore has a very good kicking game.Soften Toulouse up a bit for us (FEV) or Fax let them know they have been in a game.And for any supporters going don't mix other drinks with red wine or a couple of days off work may be required.Good luck.

I think the game summed up our season in one game. We played some good stuff down hill and defended resolutely all game, a real team performance controlled really well by Gilmore. I hope we can give a similar performance in France next week. However it ends it has been a great season for us 😎

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Wow what can I say 

what a performance from the boys! 
100% effort from 1-17 but what tactics from the student against his teacher 

our defence has improved massively this year it’s won the last 2 games against sides who like to play with the ball… we’ve shut them down massively 

walshaw’s tackle in the second half to stop a certain try was class our support helped the boys can we be like that every week I’m sure they’d like that! 

The atmosphere on the terraces was magic, and that try of Hall's was most certain as soon as he had the ball in hand, he didn't have much room to play with but took the ball at speed and there was only one thing on his mind TRY time.

Walshaws tackle was the game changer, don't know how he managed to keep him from scoring, can't wait to watch the game back, oh and how I miss that atmosphere at the home games!!! Bit of an anti climax with having to go Toulouse instead of Fev but the boys will give everything i have no doubt!! 

49 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

Naughty by James brown standing on George’s leg. I know George don’t have the biggest of fans but definitely don’t need that also.

Yes unnecessary from Brown and I think he might find himself staying at home rather than playing in Toulouse. 

That could have been costly for Batley had the ref spotted it and could have undone all of Batley’s deserved hard work. 

Im saving the recording to watch back later when I’m ready to stomach the passenger speed Bradford attack.

A shame to end the Bradford season on 4 losses in a row but playoffs was the aim and that was achieved.

Good luck Batley and I hope you get a good game out in France and keep the score line more respectable than we would have. 

Archived