Salford to move to Moor Lane?

The Daddy

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

But history shows they have never had big crowds, so why is it going to happen now?

It would have nice to have been given the chance. Our away GF semi final at Wigan in 2019 showed the potential support. Tragic that it couldn’t be built on.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

It would have nice to have been given the chance. Our away GF semi final at Wigan in 2019 showed the potential support. Tragic that it couldn’t be built on.

Yes that's a fair call. It might have worked out better if not for Covid. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ray Cashmere said:

Ground- upgrades to floodlights & TV Gantry (SL has higher standards than EFL) and raised advertising hoardings. Due diligence suggests v feasible/affordable. Discussions ongoing with architects/construction sector about increasing capacity to between 6.5k and 8k (can build up, not out) subject to planning permission (PP not expected to be major obstacle, more dependent on what we are quoted for the work).

Car parking: Ample parking for disabled supporters but recognition of the general problem. Discussions ongoing with several local parties (presumably schools/the council) about parking opportunities in the immediate vicinity. Discussions with local junior clubs and others about park and ride schemes. 

Sounds more promising,let’s hope those plans don’t follow the Wakefield/Cas format of an annual artist’s impression that is quickly filed under “fooled the league” again.

And hopefully Salford don’t heed our resident forum carpet salesman & install a plastic pitch,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

Sounds more promising,let’s hope those plans don’t follow the Wakefield/Cas format of an annual artist’s impression that is quickly filed under “fooled the league” again.

And hopefully Salford don’t heed our resident forum carpet salesman & install a plastic pitch,

I can only judge the existing board on their track record so far and that track record is one of competence, realism and sustainable ambition.

If we can get the move over the line and increase the capacity to at least 6,500 I'll be very optimistic about the direction we're heading. 

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Ray Cashmere said:

I can only judge the existing board on their track record so far and that track record is one of competence, realism and sustainable ambition.

If we can get the move over the line and increase the capacity to at least 6,500 I'll be very optimistic about the direction we're heading. 

IMO your board rolled the dice, failed the rent and spent on the team to stay up again knowing Leigh would be the only team to finish above

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

IMO your board rolled the dice, failed the rent and spent on the team to stay up again knowing Leigh would be the only team to finish above

You're entitled to that opinion but it's completely detached from the reality which has been discussed in detail over the last 22 pages of this thread. 

I've no wish to go over that again. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Not everything everyone does involves monitoring and reacting to whatever Leigh are up to.

• Haha 1

This is great to see from Salford Roosters and it's great to see RLWC funding being given to infrastructure projects like this that will make a difference for decades to come. 

A stronger community game in the Salford area can only benefit Salford Red Devils as a club:

Edited by Damien
  • Like 7

On 12/11/2021 at 17:11, Davo5 said:

God almighty could you be more boringly ignorant and predictable. Change the record there’s a good little boy.

• Haha 1

On 13/11/2021 at 03:29, johnh1 said:

2020 could have been a big year for Salford in terms of growing their base. The 2019 GF appearance followed up by making it to Wembley the following year would have seen some sort of uplift in any other scenario. 

It's a shame that the momentum has since gone.

• Like 1

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

24 minutes ago, Yakstorm said:

2020 could have been a big year for Salford in terms of growing their base. The 2019 GF appearance followed up by making it to Wembley the following year would have seen some sort of uplift in any other scenario. 

It's a shame that the momentum has since gone.

Yep,

in typical salford fashion the times when we have the slightest bit of success we are unable to maximise the potential due to COVID and BCD games a month into the season.  TO make it worse the first time the club reached the Challenge cup final since the 68/ 69 season no fans were able to go and thus once again the club unable to maxmise this.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Wanderer said:

So to summarise this, they are staying at the AJ Bell for 2022 whilst various feasibility studies are carried out with Moor Lane option not being without complications

Yes, but Moor Lane is their preferred option. Not carrying out feasibility studies on other locations would be poor, even if they expect Moor Lane to come out on top. I like how they’re going to ask the fans what they think too. 

That article is just an overview of what was said at the fans forum. I certainly didn't take that quote literally having been there, it's just how Paul King seems to get his message across.

2 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

What’s more depressing in here is the reference to not being able to sell 1,000 season tickets…. Really? 😳😳😳

I would have liked a little more thinking outside if the box. This is screaming out for a Salford - Swinton - University- Council and dare i say RFL collaboration to co- fund a new home. Oh and Fred Done!?

If the council is taking ownership of Moor Lane, it could be redeveloped as housing and any profit put towards another stadium enabling development. It looks pretty hemmed in to be developed much. 

There’s a sports ground with recently installed 3G behind the University and just half a mile from the Crescent train station. There’s surrounding older industrial units which could also be looked at and make something which could be utilised for all. 

https://sports-facilities.co.uk/sites/view/6002593

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

1 hour ago, The 4 of Us said:

I would have liked a little more thinking outside if the box. This is screaming out for a Salford - Swinton - University- Council and dare i say RFL collaboration to co- fund a new home. Oh and Fred Done!?

If the council is taking ownership of Moor Lane, it could be redeveloped as housing and any profit put towards another stadium enabling development. It looks pretty hemmed in to be developed much. 

There’s a sports ground with recently installed 3G behind the University and just half a mile from the Crescent train station. There’s surrounding older industrial units which could also be looked at and make something which could be utilised for all. 

https://sports-facilities.co.uk/sites/view/6002593

If we are in the mood for fantasy speculation, then I can beat that 4 of us.

On the opposite side of the University of Salford lies a huge redundant piece of land that formerly was Clarendon High School.

Currently it is ear marked for housing. But it has been left undeveloped for over a decade in a city where land is readily built on.

In future one side of the land off Churchill Way a £17m new sports centre (with 4g pitches) is to be built. The other end there is a proposal to link Mediacity with Manchester city centre with a new tram line.

Its 2 minutes from the M602/A57/Mancunian Way and the whole motorway network. And a mere 10/15 walking distances from the delights of Manchester and almost on top of the equal pleasures of Salford Shopping City.

So yeah it is Moor Lane.