What next for our great club

jroyales

I know this topic has been hammered - but the question still exists "what next for our great club?"

CH talks about not knowing what is going to happen, surely he should know! We the supporters should be shown a little more respect, sadly this has never been his forte.

I fear with CH hoping this will be ok will be the death knell.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How on earth should CH know? The league format and funding breakdown for next season and onwards, has still not been determined by the RFL and he would therefore need a crystal ball to be in a position to know what the future holds.  Perhaps the question would be more appropriate to Ralph Rimmer.  

Forty20 podcast did an hour long interview with RFL Chair Simon Johnson last week, and whilst he didn’t confirm anything, it sounded like the amount of central funding maybe distributed based on a number of factors like player development, facilities, on and off the field performance etc.

9 minutes ago, OL14.yeds said:

Forty20 podcast did an hour long interview with RFL Chair Simon Johnson last week, and whilst he didn’t confirm anything, it sounded like the amount of central funding maybe distributed based on a number of factors like player development, facilities, on and off the field performance etc.

We're knackered then aren't we?😁

56 minutes ago, jroyales said:

I accept Logic's argument but surely he has a contingency plan!

Exactly....plenty of work can be done re sounding out sponsors, ground, players etc, basically building a contingency for whatever is announced....maybe even preparing to hand the reigns over  

50 minutes ago, OL14.yeds said:

A good time  then to think about ground sharing with a local amateur RL team then? As I've previously said , it would be a fantastic move for both clubs. 

11 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

A good time  then to think about ground sharing with a local amateur RL team then? As I've previously said , it would be a fantastic move for both clubs. 

Agreed, the principle is great for both parties.... until another bridge gets burnt down

1 hour ago, tandle said:

if you were a successfully run amatuer club with no problems would you let a club that is £300.000 in dept move in to your club. 

so please tell me what advantage this would be to the amatuer club.

Beer sales, for one. The ability to access funding for ground improvements for two. Not saying it's going to be easy. It will need a lot of hard work. On a strategic point, any business, pro or non-profit, should always look at all opportunities. So would surprise me if this hadn't been looked at at some point in the past.

Like I’ve said before, I’d rather the club spend 2/3 seasons competing in League 1, even mid table, if it meant resources, fundraising, and the focus was on developing a site in the town.

Non league football clubs can do it (Horsham, Scarborough, FCUM etc.), if the will is there, Roughyeds can.

Irrespective of the central funding being announced do we not need a 2022 squadbuilder or something like other clubs do. Whatever the outcome the club will be worse off than this year I am sure. I would think the supporters association or Rugby Oldham or whoever could organise. 

Having missed a number of live games this year and saved some cash, if we could find 300 people to contribute say £100 then it would go some way to replacing whatever central funding we don't get.

8 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Can you imagine if we were at St Anne's? The club would be packed before and after, more than white bank I'm sure.  What's the nearest pub crawl now? So many have shut down.

If it was Saddleworth rangers you wouldn't get wet as they have a stand. Then it's straight into uppermill, plenty of restaurants and bars there. 

The worrying thing for me, isn't relegation its the lack of drip fed news regarding signings and we're going to play.

I appreciate that noone knows about central funding but any business would have plans to deal with this. 

Extremely worrying times, but as oldham supporter's we are never included and treated like we just don't have an input 

We never had an input with CH. It's a surprise that there is still a loyal group who keep giving him money. It isn't happening at the Latics!

Just picture it, 250 OAPs on zimmer frames and walking sticks shouting outside Whitebank for him to sell the club. It would make millions on youtube - now there's a thought.

The top and bottom of it is he'll tell the fans when he wants to. It's up to the individuals to decide whether or not to carry on attending games. He's always raised the drawbridge when it comes to fan engagement. As Clifford said it's not the be all and end all. If it does go pop it'll be a massive shame and a sad day but we do also have a few fantastic amateur clubs should people want to follow an Oldham club to that would accept accept the additional support and £s with open arms. I watch Saddleworth Rangers and it's a great atmosphere on game day, probably the same at the other clubs.

Archived