Jump to content

One for all of our marketing experts - RLWC21 opportunity...


Recommended Posts


28 minutes ago, tiffers said:

http://www.rlwc2021.com/uploads/docs/RLWC2021 Head of Marketing candidate information.pdf

Starting salary of £55k and a whopping big bonus if you meet targets.

Any takers?

Bit too far to commute from Hastings three days a week.

  • Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

It depends on how big a job you think the head of marketing for the RLWC is, if you think it’s akin to marketing a carpentry business in Wetherby then fine, maybe it is in line. 

Okay - find a comparable job & rate then 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Okay - find a comparable job & rate then 🙂

Like many things, there's probably a significant north/south divide going on here. The marketing graduates, fresh from university, starting at my ex-employer in September are on £48K.  I seriously doubt you would get any applicants at all for the RFL job unless the bonus package is the main element of the package. But presumably things are different in Manchester.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JonM said:

Like many things, there's probably a significant north/south divide going on here. The marketing graduates, fresh from university, starting at my ex-employer in September are on £48K.  I seriously doubt you would get any applicants at all for the RFL job unless the bonus package is the main element of the package. But presumably things are different in Manchester.

My first point of call to do benchmarking for a role would be indeed, monster etc.    When I did that there were some more and some were less.  the 55K on offer seems the average amount for the roles available.   It doesn't seem an unreasonable salary based on what evidence I can see.....  Happy to be proved otherwise

Link to comment
Share on other sites

£55K plus big bonuses seems reasonable for a job that is already half done since according to everything released by RLWC it was on or ahead of targets for tickets sales and refunds have been minimal. Hopefully this means the RLWC are not resting on their laurels and are determined to use the extra time to sell even more tickets and corporate than planned. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am pleased to see that there is a performance element included in the package.  Hopefully all the team working on the World Cup are target driven.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I am pleased to see that there is a performance element included in the package.  Hopefully all the team working on the World Cup are target driven.

mebbe Elstone would be interested..anyone have his email?  big pay cut though..

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

My first point of call to do benchmarking for a role would be indeed, monster etc.    

Those are not typically the places where many high-end jobs would be advertised.

FWIW, Glassdoor reports UK-wide, average salary for "Head of Marketing" is £67K and for "Marketing Director" its £90K.

I guess there's plenty of attractive things about the job though for the career-minded - chance to network with important sponsors, policians, maybe get on telly?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JonM said:

The marketing graduates, fresh from university, starting at my ex-employer in September are on £48k

That's a very healthy graduate salary. What sector is that in or is a marketing business?

  • Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

That's a very healthy graduate salary. What sector is that in or is a marketing business?

Semiconductors (i.e. technology). (And you really don't want to know how much more big tech companies locally are paying their new computer science or electronics grads...)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

'Head of' roles will have a wide range of salaries as these roles can vary quite significantly. 

It would appear to be modest, not great, but not terrible. It's probably quite a nice one for the CV if this is a successful tournament. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

£55K plus big bonuses seems reasonable for a job that is already half done since according to everything released by RLWC it was on or ahead of targets for tickets sales and refunds have been minimal.

 

26 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It would appear to be modest, not great, but not terrible. It's probably quite a nice one for the CV if this is a successful tournament. 

I would say that with both of these two well made points in mind you would expect quite a few ambitious candidates. 

  • Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Dave T said:

'Head of' roles will have a wide range of salaries as these roles can vary quite significantly. 

It would appear to be modest, not great, but not terrible. It's probably quite a nice one for the CV if this is a successful tournament. 

The fact that it’s time limited to a year means, I think, it will absolutely suit a CV builder - and I don’t think that’s a bad thing at all.

  • Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Southerner said:

I’m Hastings too mate 👍. There’s at least two Rugby League fans in this town.

@Bleep1673as well. Ten more and I’ll be needing an excuse to get out of playing.

  • Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...