Jump to content

The Cornwall RLFC Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Thanks 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 08/11/2021 at 15:52, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

I'm not convinced that Cornwall RLFC are 100% behind it...

Time will tell.

The days of signing up decent union players are long gone, and junior clubs are declining in this mythical place called the heartlands.

We have to look for ne areas to get junior players from

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Time will tell.

The days of signing up decent union players are long gone, and junior clubs are declining in this mythical place called the heartlands.

We have to look for ne areas to get junior players from

I don't believe that parachuting a League 1 club in to an area with next to no infrastructure is the best way to solve that problem. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Damien said:

It's quite surprising that the bookies have Cornwall at 10/1 to be promoted. Not hugely different than say Oldham that are 3rd favourites at 6/1:

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/keighley-favourites-league-one/

Unknown quantity so number plucked out of the air. Remember West Wales were similar odds last year after the Henson signing. Looking at that list Doncaster look tremendous value at 12-1 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OriginalMrC said:

Unknown quantity so number plucked out of the air. Remember West Wales were similar odds last year after the Henson signing. Looking at that list Doncaster look tremendous value at 12-1 

Yeah a reverse forecast on Donny and Rochdale wouldn’t be far off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/11/2021 at 12:03, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

I don't believe that parachuting a League 1 club in to an area with next to no infrastructure is the best way to solve that problem. 

Yeah, like West Wales, or Skolars, or Toronto, or anywhere outside M62

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

Are you comparing Cornwall to London Skolars? This is extremely disrespectful of Skolars' history and the development work that has been going on in that area for decades now.

No, I respect Skolars work in North Laandaan, Hector McNeil worked harder than anyone to get them going.

Cornwall will be just as hard a job.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CornwallRL said:

No, I respect Skolars work in North Laandaan, Hector McNeil worked harder than anyone to get them going.

Cornwall will be just as hard a job.

I think it's going to be a much harder job unfortunately. Skolars had solid foundations before they turned professional. Cornwall are virtually starting from scratch. Have they even appointed a coach yet? And do they have any players signed on? If so, they're keeping very quiet about everything, and the season is starting very soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, CornwallRL said:

Yeah, like West Wales, or Skolars, or Toronto, or anywhere outside M62

He does have a point. Newcastle seem to be going in the right direction but failed as Gateshead. Without serious investment the future looks bleak outside the M62.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

What's the odds they take a game on the road to say....Toronto.

Interesting idea, but against whom? If it was Crusaders I'd be very tempted to go, but Keighley would be the obvious Karma choice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

What's the odds they take a game on the road to say....Toronto - one 8000 gate over there would pay for their season.....

 Not sure how you come to that conclusion. Who pays the travel expenses? A split gate so not 8k.

 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...