Toulouse imploding

I thought that the situation in France is such that he would not be able to play in France if he is unvaccinated?

That being the case the report is wrong in saying he would be absent for half the season due to not being able to travel to and from France, in fact being unvaccinated would rule him out of every game, why should he and 4 others fall out with the club they are just following the rules.

• Like 3

Hardly Toulouse's fault if these requirements are mandated.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Warrington have managed to get the whole first team squad jabbed, although a few are still waiting for the subsequent doses. 

I don’t know how they’ve done it to be honest, whether it was through threats to not renew contracts, or (more likely) a team peer-pressure tactic. Would be worth passing their techniques on to other clubs though.

I’m pro-choice, but I’d hope the players would put their careers first.

Edited by Desert Skipper
  • Like 2

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

17 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Not Toulouse’s fault at all, assuming the players leave with no pay off, hopefully TO have time to recruit players who are as good if not better than those refusing to be vaccinated.  

This close to the season? They’ll likely end up with some Australians mid-season we’ve never heard of, a bit like Leigh’s recruitment last year. 

At least one other non-French Toulouse player has been publically rather vocal in his opposition to vaccines so it's not unexpected there would be issues like this, but 5 is a bit of a surprise.

The thread title itself is OTT, Toulouse are not "imploding". Whilst they are likely to lose a group of players the club itself is stable.

Better getting rid of this group asap in my view as they won't be allowed to play at least half the games and as HS says maybe even all, it will be better for team unity in the long run. Also presents an opportunity for some French lads getting signed up.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

At least one other non-French Toulouse player has been publically rather vocal in his opposition to vaccines so it's not unexpected there would be issues like this, but 5 is a bit of a surprise.

The thread title itself is OTT, Toulouse are not "imploding". Whilst they are likely to lose a group of players the club itself is stable.

Better getting rid of this group asap in my view as they won't be allowed to play at least half the games and as HS says maybe even all, it will be better for team unity in the long run. Also presents an opportunity for some French lads getting signed up.

Losing your first choice fullback and nearly 20% of your playing squad a matter of weeks out from your first ever game of Super League isn’t exactly “everything’s fine”, is it? A series of events, including players falling out with the clubs hierarchy, like this on top of the odds being stacked massively against them is tantamount to imploding. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, binosh said:

I wonder if the RFL still have those 6 applications from last year.

Its Featherstones turn to help Super league.

I think I’d still rather see a depleted Toulouse side, just for the novelty of building some French RL presence in their own media, as with Cats the last couple of years.

• Like 1

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

11 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Also presents an opportunity for some French lads getting signed up

I should imagine any French lad who would be equipped to play in SL would already be signed up by either French club Whippet, if these "unnamed" player's who are also unhappy with the situation are some of the better TO player's and they take their bat 'n ball home then Toulouse could go worse than Leigh's 2 victories last term, I had Toulouse as my favourites for the drop prior to this - I don't think they had a good enough squad -, I wonder where they will recruit suitable player's from judging by Leigh's efforts in finding and signing player's, don't forget that Adrian Lam whatever any fan over here thinks of him he is still high profile in Aus - even being the present Kangaroos assistant coach - went home on a recruitment mission for Leigh.

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

Losing your first choice fullback and nearly 20% of your playing squad a matter of weeks out from your first ever game of Super League isn’t exactly “everything’s fine”, is it? A series of events, including players falling out with the clubs hierarchy, like this on top of the odds being stacked massively against them is tantamount to imploding. 

That’s the spirit. Do you do motivational speeches and if so can you come to my work and do one? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Balls to that

Seconded. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

22 minutes ago, Eddie said:

That’s the spirit. Do you do motivational speeches and if so can you come to my work and do one? 

No, I live in the real world. 

Any side losing nearly 20% of their squad a few weeks out from their inaugural season at Super League level having only been promoted in September, long after most Super League clubs had completed their recruitment and retention for 2022, which creates a further hurdle to the many they face as a newly promoted side is going to make their season look bleak. 

I hope I’m wrong but the chances of success at Toulouse look a lot slimmer than they did previously and I don’t see any point in blind “positive RL” type statements.