Stadium updates .......

10 minutes ago, bobg said:

Looks like a Fait accompli.moving to BP, which is absolutely awful for watching RL I did not enjoy the experience 2 years ago.
Bigger benefits for Reds.

You understand its not going to be the same stadium, right?

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, bobg said:

Looks like a Fait accompli.moving to BP, which is absolutely awful for watching RL I did not enjoy the experience 2 years ago.
Bigger benefits for Reds.

Yes, getting very worried now - From the limited information available, it somehow it seems like this is Reds new ground, on the cheap, with no real thought to RL..... you can bet they have got a load of cheap red seats ready to fit as well....

As I've said on here, it will be about 8 rows of seats at pitch level - not good at all for watching RL at all and by the sounds of it the 3 other awfull Reds stands left as they are.

Town are 3x the size of Reds - yet we seem to being hijacked by a very poor plan for a football stadium.

Hope I'm proved wrong but BP is an terrible place to watch RL - could lose a lot of support if any of the above is correct.

• Like 2

I think its best to wait and see the plans first. However ATM It does sound like we've sold our house and are moving in with the reds who are just getting a new main stand. Time will tell. Let's wait for the plans 

Edited by town4me
  • Sad 1

The allerdale council website states that both clubs will be consulting with supporters in the next couple of weeks but I am sure the way Chris Thorman spoke on podcast the other day he is convinced it's the way forward

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

Yes, getting very worried now - From the limited information available, it somehow it seems like this is Reds new ground, on the cheap, with no real thought to RL..... you can bet they have got a load of cheap red seats ready to fit as well....

As I've said on here, it will be about 8 rows of seats at pitch level - not good at all for watching RL at all and by the sounds of it the 3 other awfull Reds stands left as they are.

Town are 3x the size of Reds - yet we seem to being hijacked by a very poor plan for a football stadium.

Hope I'm proved wrong but BP is an terrible place to watch RL - could lose a lot of support if any of the above is correct.

you do realise town have an equal share in this ground with the reds and it won't be Borough Park as it is now. 

judging by a lot of comments on this forum a lot of you have zero faith in the town board of directors to deliver a stadium for town, and If that's the case and think you can do better you should probably put your hand up to help the current directors out. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Everything is a matter of opinion and preference. I enjoyed the games at BP the other year and thought being closer to the action gave an appreciation of how quick the game is played. 

And how tough when you’re right next to Fui charging it in !

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

you do realise town have an equal share in this ground with the reds and it won't be Borough Park as it is now. 

judging by a lot of comments on this forum a lot of you have zero faith in the town board of directors to deliver a stadium for town, and If that's the case and think you can do better you should probably put your hand up to help the current directors out. 

How do you know i haven't? - take it you don't know what I (and others) do to help Town - as we care about the club - hence my concerns on here.

As a Town fan, on a Town forum I'm just having my opinion - sorry if it doesn't fit with soccer fans on here.

Few facts in my posts - BP is an awful ground to watch RL - you can't really dispute that.

1 new stand on a cramped footprint leaving 3 terrible existing stands would be the worst thing that could happen - if that is what happens.

I'm sure you attended the recent Town games when there was nearly 4000 on - to see the bowl that is DP bouncing all from great elevated vantage points above the pitch was great - going to Reds seems like a massive step backwards- as I said I would love to be proved wrong so we will wait and see marra.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

How do you know i haven't? - take it you don't know what I (and others) do to help Town - as we care about the club - hence my concerns on here.

As a Town fan, on a Town forum I'm just having my opinion - sorry if it doesn't fit with soccer fans on here.

Few facts in my posts - BP is an awful ground to watch RL - you can't really dispute that.

1 new stand on a cramped footprint leaving 3 terrible existing stands would be the worst thing that could happen - if that is what happens.

I'm sure you attended the recent Town games when there was nearly 4000 on - to see the bowl that is DP bouncing all from great elevated vantage points above the pitch was great - going to Reds seems like a massive step backwards- as I said I would love to be proved wrong so we will wait and see marra.

oh yeah I do, I spend most of my days off at BP helping with odd jobs, fighting never ended battles.

I will wait and see what the plans are when they are released before getting my knickers in a twist.

yes I attended the recent town games, neither was nearly 4000 unless you are talking about combined attendances. I thoroughly enjoyed both the semi final, play off final the memorial game and will be there on Sunday in the sponsor lounge with a big group sponsoring the game. 

33 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

oh yeah I do, I spend most of my days off at BP helping with odd jobs, fighting never ended battles.

I will wait and see what the plans are when they are released before getting my knickers in a twist.

yes I attended the recent town games, neither was nearly 4000 unless you are talking about combined attendances. I thoroughly enjoyed both the semi final, play off final the memorial game and will be there on Sunday in the sponsor lounge with a big group sponsoring the game. 

Well done you marra, your a real credit - as most town fans will testify there was at least 3500 to 3800 in the ground for the final- not close enough to 4000 for you?? - sorry.

As for getting your "knickers in a twist" - what ever you do in your own home is your buisness - but this is a RL forum so its for debate and opinions- if you were to wait for official announcements then this thread wouldn't exist.

Come on shout it loud - UTT

• Like 1

18 hours ago, townie88 said:

Everything is a matter of opinion and preference. I enjoyed the games at BP the other year and thought being closer to the action gave an appreciation of how quick the game is played. 

Just a shame Towns supporters opinions appear to be being ignored. I hated the games at BP its a #######.

Its a big con this - Lure Town in to a deal and buy lease back for DP with plans for a real [Proper] stadium and then renege on deal and keep the #### ground that is BP. with one new stand , 3 #### remaining terraces and no room for anything else. And get rid of the better of the 2 grounds. 

The same new stand at DP on one of ends etc would leave you with 2 grandstands and a proper covered terrace of which  any one of those better than anything at BP.

Cant see why the council think doing up the poorest and smallest of the grounds is the way forward. 

Just for curiosity the Councillor/Mayor H Briggs isn't the same H Briggs at reds ???

JUST wait now for the 4 Amigos [Rockerlad, townie88, Route66 and dkw] to bite - same 4 that argue when any one from Town challenge them on this topic  and all "like " each other when anything good said about BP -

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Derwent Parker said:

Just a shame Towns supporters opinions appear to be being ignored. I hated the games at BP its a #######.

Its a big con this - Lure Town in to a deal and buy lease back for DP with plans for a real [Proper] stadium and then renege on deal and keep the #### ground that is BP. with one new stand , 3 #### remaining terraces and no room for anything else. And get rid of the better of the 2 grounds. 

The same new stand at DP on one of ends etc would leave you with 2 grandstands and a proper covered terrace of which  any one of those better than anything at BP.

Cant see why the council think doing up the poorest and smallest of the grounds is the way forward. 

Just for curiosity the Councillor/Mayor H Briggs isn't the same H Briggs at reds ???

JUST wait now for the 4 Amigos [Rockerlad, townie88, Route66 and dkw] to bite - same 4 that argue when any one from Town challenge them on this topic  and all "like " each other when anything good said about BP -

While I agree with you just doing one stand up and not touching the rest is a poor effort, I can't believe that will happen. It just says that's what the cash with ABC adding a million will fund. 

Rather than chucking all your toys out of the pram now, why don't you wait until the full plan is published then we can all make our judgements based on facts and not just assumptions? 

I'd be gutted if we end up a ground that looks like a bus shelter looking at the undeveloped Borough Park existing stands, but both teams boards are involved so I'm cautiously optimistic it won't be that. Dave Bowden didn't do a lot wrong when he was at Town and our BOD are doing a good job so why would they settle for something not fit for purpose especially when it means us leaving our home ground?

• Like 4

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

36 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

While I agree with you just doing one stand up and not touching the rest is a poor effort, I can't believe that will happen. It just says that's what the cash with ABC adding a million will fund. 

Rather than chucking all your toys out of the pram now, why don't you wait until the full plan is published then we can all make our judgements based on facts and not just assumptions? 

I'd be gutted if we end up a ground that looks like a bus shelter looking at the undeveloped Borough Park existing stands, but both teams boards are involved so I'm cautiously optimistic it won't be that. Dave Bowden didn't do a lot wrong when he was at Town and our BOD are doing a good job so why would they settle for something not fit for purpose especially when it means us leaving our home ground?

thank you, some common sense. let's see what the plans are. I certainly don't want a botched up BP I want a ground that's fit for the next 50 years 🤞🤞🤞

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Voodooguru said:

Dave Bowden was spot on . No Arguments

But that does not mean everybody makes good decisions all the time

5 hours ago, Derwent Parker said:

Serious question..are you Seaton Sandy?

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Dave Bowden was spot on . No Arguments

But that does not mean everybody makes good decisions all the time

But he isn't making the decision alone is he?  He is part of a group of like minded people that will all want the very best opportunity to have a facility that can generate money for both clubs to thrive. 

Can't you just lay the predictions of the apocalypse to one side until you do know what the plans actually are?

• Like 3

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!