Jump to content

Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)


Recommended Posts


4 minutes ago, fevtom said:

Anyone got the championship attendances from the League Express?

Looks like my usual shop has stopped stocking it so i’ll have to start ordering it direct.

Barrow v London 1979

Batley v Fev 1582

Dewsbury v Newcastle 786

Haven v Sheffield 1239

Worky v Bradford not given

York v Widnes 2156

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Cw25 said:

Barrow v London 1979

Batley v Fev 1582

Dewsbury v Newcastle 786

Haven v Sheffield 1239

Worky v Bradford not given

York v Widnes 2156

Brilliant thanks!

Disappointing that Workington look to have stopped giving theirs.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, fevtom said:

Brilliant thanks!

Disappointing that Workington look to have stopped giving theirs.

Bradford v Leigh last week, Also not given

London Skolars 52-18 British Army. Friendly at the Artillery. Crowd 525. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Cw25 said:

Barrow v London 1979

Batley v Fev 1582

Dewsbury v Newcastle 786

Haven v Sheffield 1239

Worky v Bradford not given

York v Widnes 2156

Great stuff again for Barrow and York. 

This momentum for Barrow is so impressive when the soccer team got themselves into the FL and it´s not stopped them, looking like financially being a fully established Champ team. 

York get another good one in and look like they are warming up on and off the field now. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Just over 2,000 , things just seem to be ' stalling ' at Fax 🙁

2k is ok for them isn’t it? Especially after their woeful start to the season, and it’s on a par with Halifax Town’s attendances. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

2k is ok for them isn’t it? Especially after their woeful start to the season, and it’s on a par with Halifax Town’s attendances. 

It used to be better 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Halifax’s average attendance in 2019, the last year without any restrictions/suspensions of season etc, was 1,761. To get a crowd of 2,202 on a Monday night for a televised game is a very good attendance. The same game in 2019 on a Sunday pulled in 2,245. 

Edited by Jughead
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Monday night as well, not great for younger kids. 

It's just a general opinion on where Fax used to be , maybe a decade ago , they seemed to be getting better crowds and the place had a different feel to it , again plenty of work went into getting the stand finished and it was hoped that would help them kick on , maybe winning the Championship when promotion wasn't the reward has dented that vibrancy , all IMO 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fax unlike most other clubs when moving grounds in the 90's found crowds at the Shay were well down on Thrum Hall.

Despite finishing 3rd in SL attendances were way short of the late 80's early 90's era.

Financial problems and subsequent relegation meant a different club and the last 20 years has seen them mainly as one of the best part time teams in the Championship with crowds of around 2,000.

Sharing the ground the football team get similar attendances and are punching above their weight against teams with far bigger resources.

Can't see this changing much unless a money man is around the corner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, bamfordsbeans said:

Fax unlike most other clubs when moving grounds in the 90's found crowds at the Shay were well down on Thrum Hall.

Despite finishing 3rd in SL attendances were way short of the late 80's early 90's era.

Financial problems and subsequent relegation meant a different club and the last 20 years has seen them mainly as one of the best part time teams in the Championship with crowds of around 2,000.

Sharing the ground the football team get similar attendances and are punching above their weight against teams with far bigger resources.

Can't see this changing much unless a money man is around the corner.

Yep Halifax are in that awkward position of on cusp of SL to make ground work but too small to dominate bigger sides. 

Plus having football club on cusp of football league means you cant even 3g the pitch for revenue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3G pitches have no place in RL SB.

Monday night was a £10 admission deal, so half the income in real terms and either the crowd was sheeite or Monday nights are not attractive - certainly not for Leigh fans who have now had to travel to Yorkshire 3 times on a Monday night so far, not helping the habit to return after covid and the SL experience

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

3G pitches have no place in RL SB.

Monday night was a £10 admission deal, so half the income in real terms and either the crowd was sheeite or Monday nights are not attractive - certainly not for Leigh fans who have now had to travel to Yorkshire 3 times on a Monday night so far, not helping the habit to return after covid and the SL experience

 

 

They definitely have a place if we want clubs to be financially sustainable, grow the sport at grassroots and add value to the areas the clubs are based. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

They definitely have a place if we want clubs to be financially sustainable, grow the sport at grassroots and add value to the areas the clubs are based. 

Agreed, clubs need to get as much use out of their facilities as possible. Personally think that sports hubs are the way forward, creating somewhere for the community and having an artificial pitch helps this. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Phil W said:

Agreed, clubs need to get as much use out of their facilities as possible. Personally think that sports hubs are the way forward, creating somewhere for the community and having an artificial pitch helps this. 

It also helps massively if you ever want funding for anything or actually growing a club. Green spaces for kids and schools in many places of high population are non existent to at a premium. Having a space where you can 5 days a week have schools coaching from primary to secondary, a college team or academy use it and work with a local university creates a club from top to bottom and expands the clubs reach across a massive area. 

Certainly going to give Wakey some great opportunities even if they are a full time team. They´ve got all of Monday, Tuesday Evening, Thursday evening and pretty much the whole weekend bar 5 hours to rent it out or get community games on there. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

They definitely have a place if we want clubs to be financially sustainable, grow the sport at grassroots and add value to the areas the clubs are based. 

They do if they are put on a car park or training pitch,not in a stadium.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

They do if they are put on a car park or training pitch,not in a stadium.

Quite. It's bonkers that people are suggesting we should compromise player welfare and our core product, professional Rugby League, for this.

Stick them on training pitches, not the middle of a pro sports stadium.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/03/2022 at 13:25, Eddie said:

Things not going quite so well for the away sales. On sale this morning (what have they been waiting for?) and comments suggest it is hard going.

 

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Things not going quite so well for the away sales. On sale this morning (what have they been waiting for?) and comments suggest it is hard going.

 

Fans just getting voicemail apparently, and the mailbox is full. 🤣

I really don't understand why we are not using online ticket systems with queues for this stuff now. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Fans just getting voicemail apparently, and the mailbox is full. 🤣

I really don't understand why we are not using online ticket systems with queues for this stuff now. 

 

Yeah no obvious reason why online is not the default for everyone besides the small number who need additional support.

  • Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...