Sun 6 Feb: The Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

Just dipped into the Halifax Twitter feed (6-0 to them). London have given away an attacking position through penalty after a Fax player, without the ball, was bought down. I think Coleman is a good coach but one thing he struggled at Skolars was player discipline, which frequently cost us points.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Widnes 30 Workington 12 at half-time. Definitely not over here, as Town will have the wind in the second half, and they've scored twice off barely any possession in the Widnes half.

Widnes 70 Workington T 18 Full Time (Widnes scoreboard showing it as 68-18, but I think they missed a conversion). Torrential rain and a hail storm right at the end, bet the players were glad to hear the hooter.

Has anybody looked at the championship league table on the BBC website.  It looks like whoever updated it has hit the cooking sherry a tad early!

London losing not a surprise, but the capitulation in 2nd half a big worry, plus not scoring as well. Have to beat Haven next week, or it going to get really grim with Fev, then York next up.

At least Haven and Town look weak, but going to be a key week for London to get focussed on a must win match.

4 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Yeah it dose lol.

Still, good news for Fev fans like you, fevrover.  After one game, you're ahead of two teams who have won twice!  That must boost your GF aspirations!!

31 minutes ago, JonM said:

Widnes 70 Workington T 18 Full Time (Widnes scoreboard showing it as 68-18, but I think they missed a conversion). Torrential rain and a hail storm right at the end, bet the players were glad to hear the hooter.

Score was 48-12, we score but miss conversion and it goes to 50-12. Wrong from that point.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

25 minutes ago, Spike said:

Embarrassing from town, sounds like we gave up

I don't think Town can be faulted for commitment, thought they stuck to the task for the full eighty minutes. They looked pretty decent with ball in hand too. Kicking game/ last tackle play was poor, and Oscar Thomas had a few howlers under the high ball, but it was really difficult conditions. They lost because Widnes were bigger and faster right across the park. Adam Lawton was only on the pitch for 30 minutes, but probably scored more times than he was actually tackled, Town players just not big enough to stop him. Some poor defending at times though. Big step up from L1 I guess.

I believe you have Fev next week, that could be another very big score.

1 minute ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Score was 48-12, we score but miss conversion and it goes to 50-12. Wrong from that point.

OK - that would make sense. I thought Edge only missed one conversion. I guess it's a good day when everyone loses count of the score 🙂

15 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Still, good news for Fev fans like you, fevrover.  After one game, you're ahead of two teams who have won twice!  That must boost your GF aspirations!!

A long way to go yet but yeah in front of two teams with 4 points lol.

Archived