How Y.O.U can help grow TGG

We all want the same things for the game whilst supporting our individual clubs & country.

We all know more spectators in grounds spending hard earned is good   & higher TV audiences watching the games etc.

So why not like every other clubs Social Media….maybe not your bitterest rivals but everyone else, Record or tune in to all TV games…Even if you have no interest in that game & no one else is using to telly or you have 2 or 3 TV’s tablets Lap tops etc.

Sponsors, Big Companies, Suits etc crunch numbers before becoming involved  commercially.

Example if ….total there’s say 800k who either attend matches or take an interest or just follow on SM & half of them like & follow the other clubs SM the numbers of each club will soar & it’s a positive isn’t it, same for TV viewing figures would lead to more money entering the game from improved contracts.

Might seem a daft idea but I’m doing it.

So we can play our part & it won’t cost you a dime but it just could help boost our game further down the line 

1 hour ago, mickmike wilson said:

We all want the same things for the game whilst supporting our individual clubs & country.

We all know more spectators in grounds spending hard earned is good   & higher TV audiences watching the games etc.

So why not like every other clubs Social Media….maybe not your bitterest rivals but everyone else, Record or tune in to all TV games…Even if you have no interest in that game & no one else is using to telly or you have 2 or 3 TV’s tablets Lap tops etc.

Sponsors, Big Companies, Suits etc crunch numbers before becoming involved  commercially.

Example if ….total there’s say 800k who either attend matches or take an interest or just follow on SM & half of them like & follow the other clubs SM the numbers of each club will soar & it’s a positive isn’t it, same for TV viewing figures would lead to more money entering the game from improved contracts.

So we can play our part & it won’t cost you a dime but it just could help boost our game further down the line 

Spot on. 

1 hour ago, mickmike wilson said:

Record or tune in to all TV games…Even if you have no interest in that game & no one else is using to telly or you have 2 or 3 TV’s tablets Lap tops etc.

If you just have regular TV (for BBC/C4 broadcasts), having it on it won't make a difference unless you're part of a BARB viewing panel.

Which, for those of us with Smart TVs, Fire Sticks, Roku or some other method of getting the game on screen suggests that we use those for televised RL matches instead of tuning into the channel the usual way. The number of people streaming does get measured and logged. As will the number watching it on catch-up services.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

57 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Must admit I do usually put the game on my iPad when I’m watching it on tv to help boost viewer ratings. I also watch challenge cup games that are on BBC on iPlayer so they know I’m watching. 

Good lad Eddie, Even if going out put whatever game on & go out and enjoy your day as the number matter 

55 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

If you just have regular TV (for BBC/C4 broadcasts), having it on it won't make a difference unless you're part of a BARB viewing panel.

Which, for those of us with Smart TVs, Fire Sticks, Roku or some other method of getting the game on screen suggests that we use those for televised RL matches instead of tuning into the channel the usual way. The number of people streaming does get measured and logged. As will the number watching it on catch-up services.

I get that & surely it can’t be a bad thing if across all media platforms viewing figures go up say 10%/15% & Social Media also flys up, win/win to my mind.

I managed to get a mention of Fev in on the late afternoon national news on the beeb. Every little helps and all that. 😉😂

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

13 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

I managed to get a mention of Fev in on the late afternoon national news on the beeb. Every little helps and all that. 😉😂

Yes I saw that, well done that man ... errr, cashed your cheque yet ?

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

5 hours ago, mickmike wilson said:

More of this please - and less moaning (from everybody), lets the positivity from this weekend sweep us all away !

14 minutes ago, Exiled Townie said:

Yes I saw that, well done that man ... errr, cashed your cheque yet ?

Waiting for banks to open in the morning. TGG? Changes are coming. 😂😂😂

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

9 hours ago, mickmike wilson said:

Seems very complicated- can I just carry on hiding RU magazines behind 40/20 magazine and League Express in the news agents?

13 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Seems very complicated- can I just carry on hiding RU magazines behind 40/20 magazine and League Express in the news agents?

"Every private in the army carries a field-marshal’s baton in his knapsack.”  Emperor Napoleon

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Occasional viewer here - great post and the ideas around boosting TV and social media follower numbers are good ones. My suggestion for growing the game is to make the SL games more visible to younger audience. We're Leeds-based and last Saturday's game apart - didn't even realise it was televised until after the match - there are no daytime home games between now and July, maybe August. Nearly all kick-off at 8pm which is hardly ideal for families with primary school kids. Basically, clubs (and Rhinos seem to be more prone to this than some others) are choosing TV slots and an adult crowd over having young children watch the SL fixtures - which seems unlikely to build on some of the great outreach work they do in terms of summer sports camps etc near us.  

Archived