Sat 19th Feb: SL: Hull FC v St Helens KO 12:30 (Channel 4)

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/02/22 at 13:00

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

That’s a really bad opinion. 

players like lomax and gale will never lift a trophy against Australia - neither will george williams - the truth is they are outclassed in the HB  position when it comes to taking that step up 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

players like lomax and gale will never lift a trophy against Australia - neither will george williams - the truth is they are outclassed in the HB  position when it comes to taking that step up 

George williiams more tham proved his worth in the NRL 

2 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Saints aren’t going to play Australia in a competitive game so I don’t think that matters in the slightest. 

1 minute ago, The storm said:

George williiams more tham proved his worth in the NRL 

not against Natan Cleary or Mitchell Moses  he didn't - he was totally outclassed

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

26 minutes ago, HullWire said:

Luke Gale's kicking game often has a big influence in a match

It did today as well. Him kicking Lomax had a really big influence on the match.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Well, pretty pleased with my opening post on this thread as I got it almost spot on, even the score.

What I didn't anticipate though was how poor we were going to be, had Saints clicked they could have scored almost at will.

Didn't get a good view of the Gale incident but Lomax certainly made the most of it, looking like he was in real pain, limping badly, then running around like nothing had happened as soon as Gale left the field. Gale was stupid but Premier League Football style acting has no place in our game.

Rather fed up right now but hopefully when we get a few troops back out there things will improve...won't it? 😞

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Well, pretty pleased with my opening post on this thread as I got it almost spot on, even the score.

What I didn't anticipate though was how poor we were going to be, had Saints clicked they could have scored almost at will.

Didn't get a good view of the Gale incident but Lomax certainly made the most of it, looking like he was in real pain, limping badly, then running around like nothing had happened as soon as Gale left the field. Gale was stupid but Premier League Football style acting has no place in our game.

Rather fed up right now but hopefully when we get a few troops back out there things will improve...won't it? 😞

And yet was forced off at half time, so maybe he was playing through the pain to get through the half? Have we really gotten to victim shaming in RL?

2 minutes ago, Magic Superbeetle said:

And yet was forced off at half time, so maybe he was playing through the pain to get through the half? Have we really gotten to victim shaming in RL?

In apparent real distress one minute, running around fine the next. Sorry but as with Lee Gaskell, it's creeping into our game and I'm sick of it.

It’s incredible that people seemingly believe people cannot recover enough to see out a game, are able to diagnose players they either see through a television or despite a “not a good view” and aren’t understanding that there actually are things available to qualified medical staff to get a player through a game. 

It was a red card. Someone scrapping their studs down your leg is painful and would cause you to hold your leg and/or limp temporarily but that doesn’t suit a tinfoil hat wearer. 

Another game; another win. Not heard a peep from the club or the fan base stating we are going to sweep up this year. It’ll be a long hard season with plenty of twists and turns. But it’s going to take a really good team performance to turn over this Saints side. We’ve definitely strengthened on last year. We weren’t particularly great today (conditions were appalling and it’s only game 2) but there was still lots to like and admire about the performance. 

2 minutes ago, voteronniegibbs said:

This was touched on by the commentators. Staying down and play acting meant the video ref had a closer look and was given time to get involved. 

The over acting was pathetic.

Didn't notice myself but someone said it was Paul Wellens who came on to "attend" to Lomax.

If that's correct then perhaps Lomax's staying down was instructions from higher up?

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Clear as daylight that Gale ran at Lomax and raked his leg with his studs.

I understand Hull fans will be disappointed.

But I’d be much more upset with Gale than Lomax over it.

Gale was a bloody idiot, what he did can't be defended, that's why I haven't defended it.

3 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Another game; another win. Not heard a peep from the club or the fan base stating we are going to sweep up this year. It’ll be a long hard season with plenty of twists and turns. But it’s going to take a really good team performance to turn over this Saints side. We’ve definitely strengthened on last year. We weren’t particularly great today (conditions were appalling and it’s only game 2) but there was still lots to like and admire about the performance. 

Indeed, your lot were less than average and my lot were garbage but it was still a one sided contest for the whole.

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

Didn't notice myself but someone said it was Paul Wellens who came on to "attend" to Lomax.

If that's correct then perhaps Lomax's staying down was instructions from higher up?

It was Matt Daniels, Saints club doctor, who Gale pushed out of the way to try and drag lomax to his feet despite receiving medical treatment. Please, this isn’t some sort of conspiracy.

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

spacer.png

Good and well thought out contribution.

3 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Gale was a bloody idiot, what he did can't be defended, that's why I haven't defended it.

I thought there was an inference that Lomax got Gale sent off - my mistake if it wasn’t intended.

I hate playacting too, but I do think Lomax had something to moan about to be fair.

Great pregame tribute to Johnny Whiteley by the way.

Just now, Magic Superbeetle said:

It was Matt Daniels, Saints club doctor, who Gale pushed out of the way to try and drag lomax to his feet despite receiving medical treatment. Please, this isn’t some sort of conspiracy.

Thanks, I stand corrected but, I did say I didn't see myself.

Anyway, I'd rather stick to my conspiracies thanks, it helped me forget how cr ap my team are.

Just now, Old Frightful said:

Good and well thought out contribution.

You’ve literally just suggested that Paul Wellens and Jonny Lomax planned to go down to “cheat” as if they could predict Luke Gale was going to lose his head and lead with a high foot. I think the good and well thought out contributions weren’t just missing from Hull’s players today. 

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Great pregame tribute to Johnny Whiteley by the way.

Hull FC were magnificent, right up 'til 12:35pm today.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Magic Superbeetle said:

I think Lomax is just a tough player. He tried to run even after the kick before he fell. Previously in the game he took a knock that a lot of players would have had to leave the field for yet carried on. 

Archived