2023 Rob Burrow Marathon

1 hour ago, JonM said:

Excellent, I'll be signing up for this.

I won't! Not in a million years.

But very commendable and will be amazing for the cause. Hope it is a roaring success and Rob can be there to start the race.

20 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I won't! Not in a million years.

But very commendable and will be amazing for the cause. Hope it is a roaring success and Rob can be there to start the race.

I'll put you down for a bit of sponsorship then 😉 Good point about Rob being there for it.

Looks like a reasonably challenging course with a climb on to the chevin.

• Like 1

Signed up for this yesterday. Probably a poor decision. Good opportunity for a TRL meet up.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

On 11/04/2022 at 09:51, JonM said:

Excellent, I'll be signing up for this.

Seriously considering it - then I saw the hill climb at 17 miles out of Otley...

I'll make a decision in the next day or so.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

6 minutes ago, tim2 said:

Seriously considering it - then I saw the hill climb at 17 miles out of Otley...

I'll make a decision in the next day or so.

Describe this hill to me. I need to be talked out of signing up.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Describe this hill to me. I need to be talked out of signing up.

You climb about 100 metres in mile 18. Suspect many people will walk that bit. The last 5 miles is a gentle downhill back to the start

1 minute ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Mile 17 to 20 is up to the top of this hill in this picture 

3DFBBC6A-9DB8-4120-8869-D86DD96CB351.jpeg

Right.

That can eff off then.

Good luck to all who enter. It's a great cause.

I'll be on the sofa cheering you on.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, JonM said:

The last 5 miles is a gentle downhill back to the start

*gif of me rolling down a hill*

I'm in. I always said I'd never run a marathon and that a half was my limit, and I'll be honest, I've never got to the end of a half and thought, "Ooooo, I could just go and run that again!" But then I got thinking about Rob and the sheer hell he's going through every single day and realised that if he can do that with that amazing smile of his, then I can do this 💙💛

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1