Fri 29th Apr-Sun 1st May: The Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

58 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Good job we don’t rely on away support. 

Sheffield bring more that Widnes have

First game I've missed this season and from the half time score you'll know why. With most other clubs you get a reaction after a poor display. Not Widnes, we follow a dreadful performance with an even worse one. Anyone who travelled today has my sympathy.

• Like 1

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

Better 2nd half from a Widnes tbf. 

Final score 74-6

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, gazza77 said:

I wasn't expecting a tight game tbh, but based on that half I'd have said Widnes are the worst team I've seen this year. 

There are a number of factors that you could 'dress it up' with, but ultimately, there's no hiding from the fact that Widnes are in a complete mess. Whilst it is a fall from grace, I fear for them that there might be even worse to come. 

7 hours ago, dkw said:

I've always felt it very harsh on a team coming top having to win a play off to get promoted. Although I also don't mind teams below first having to go through play offs to get promoted, and i realise thats almost counter intuitive. Ive also quite liked the idea that 1st replaces bottom of the league above, and 2nd place to play 2nd bottom on a play off.

Yep, that. And in a season such as this, it might have worked. It does, however, rely on having at least two genuine contenders with at least a sniff of being able to compete the year after. We struggle to find one, the way we set things up.

2 hours ago, JonM said:

As I've posted several times before, it's the only RL ground I don't go to, and I know plenty of other Widnes fans who feel the same. If you want away fans, make the place feel like it's a safe and welcoming place for them to visit.

I’ve only ever seen bother at Widnes. Except for last year, when after the game several of your fans decided to start throwing punches, completely without provocation (unless you count losing as a provocation)

• Like 1

Is it a contest?

I've been spat at at Leigh and Hull. Sworn at at Featherstone, Hull KR, Warrington, Workington. 

Not as bad as being threatened by Crystal Palace fans though, that was hilarious!

Maybe it's just me.

Still doesn't stop me turning up. Though, haha, not today!😁

2 hours ago, JonM said:

As I've posted several times before, it's the only RL ground I don't go to, and I know plenty of other Widnes fans who feel the same. If you want away fans, make the place feel like it's a safe and welcoming place for them to visit.

I have not missed a Leigh game at Fev for a very long time, mixed with the Fev fans in the local pubs and had a good laugh with them after the games, never felt any animosity at all, so how long is it since your last visit?

• Like 10

Just a quick note the sport as a whole is more important than the success of the individual teams itself . Appreciate Widnes and their fans must be struggling at this time . Lots of people use sport as an escape from life’s hardships and when your team is struggling it can only magnify things. Personally I would rather see competitive score lines and the best version of each team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cardypaul said:

Back to the rugby thought Widnes were the worst team I have seen all season, they have got some real problems.

I've waited YEARS for a score like this lol,the amount of times Widnes have HAMMERED us over the years is unreal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I have not missed a Leigh game at Fev for a very long time, mixed with the Fev fans in the local pubs and had a good laugh with them after the games, never felt any animosity at all, so how long is it since your last visit?

In fact a few of us (late sixties and a lady) suffered very course language in a threatening behaviour at the NCL match yesterday at Leigh Miners from a fan of Rochdale Mayfield whom I would say was early forties who I think he should have known better.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Honestly Rover, you can't get any pleasure witnessing such a one sided game can you? 

Not normally no ,but Martin Offiah used to beat us on his own lol. We've lost by some cricket scores to Widnes so I've enjoyed today for a change.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Yeah we beat them but they put up a good fight.

I don't know if the team they put out last week at Leigh was in any way reflective of the one at Fev but if I said they were shocking that would be complimentary, for their sake I can only hope they improve.

32 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

Back to the rugby thought Widnes were the worst team I have seen all season, they have got some real problems.

Having had the misfortune to witness our recent display's I can fully appreciate your comment.

Hopefully today was the day we hit the bottom.

• Like 1

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

1 hour ago, Northern Eel said:

There are a number of factors that you could 'dress it up' with, but ultimately, there's no hiding from the fact that Widnes are in a complete mess. Whilst it is a fall from grace, I fear for them that there might be even worse to come. 

So why are they in a complete mess? Also why could it become worse?

17 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I don't know if the team they put out last week at Leigh was in any way reflective of the one at Fev but if I said they were shocking that would be complimentary, for their sake I can only hope they improve.

Well, they won today...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Having had the misfortune to witness our recent display's I can fully appreciate your comment.

Hopefully today was the day we hit the bottom.

The only way is up.