Thurs 2nd June: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Really ? 

What question would you ask him ?

“It’s your money, obviously, but, do you look at the wreckage you’ve made out of the Broncos and think, ‘Maybe, just maybe, I could have done things a bit differently here?’”

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Yes, really. 

I think there would be London Broncos fans with far more questions than I have but I’d I had one it would probably be “You decided to go part-time in the off season, whilst also moving to a far bigger venue and talking of a return to Super League and 5,000+ as an average attendance, how and why did you think that was entirely possible when only funding said part-time team?”.

Given the money he has spent I wouldn't expect a reply , the Bronco's exist now purely because of his generosity , he needs to answer to no one 

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

“It’s your money, obviously, but, do you look at the wreckage you’ve made out of the Broncos and think, ‘Maybe, just maybe, I could have done things a bit differently here?’”

Says the hindsight expert 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Says the hindsight expert 

Yes. You’re right. I never once said that moving to Wimbledon whilst going part time and not investing in back room and office staff would be disastrous.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Given the money he has spent I wouldn't expect a reply , the Bronco's exist now purely because of his generosity , he needs to answer to no one 

No chairmen needs to answer to anyone, let’s be honest. To use that as an excuse for the sustained mismanagement of a club for a generation doesn’t really wash and the continued silence and disregard for the club and it’s fans is a massive part in the ever decreasing fanbase at that club. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

No chairmen needs to answer to anyone, let’s be honest. To use that as an excuse for the sustained mismanagement of a club for a generation doesn’t really wash and the continued silence and disregard for the club and it’s fans is a massive part in the ever decreasing fanbase at that club. 

But they still exist , without him , they wouldn't 

Just now, GUBRATS said:

But they still exist , without him , they wouldn't 

And you could say that about the vast majority of clubs in the game and the relationship between their chairmen’s pockets and their existence. To use that as a reason for fans not to voice their displeasure (which many seemingly have prior to voting with their feet) is just as weak as “no chairmen has anything to answer for”. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jughead said:

And you could say that about the vast majority of clubs in the game and the relationship between their chairmen’s pockets and their existence. To use that as a reason for fans not to voice their displeasure (which many seemingly have prior to voting with their feet) is just as weak as “no chairmen has anything to answer for”. 

Maybe you'd have preferred he'd invested in his home town team ?

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Maybe you'd have preferred he'd invested in his home town team ?

I’m not sure what relevance his birthplace has to do with how he’s mismanaged London Broncos over a twenty year period. 

Widnes 0 Bradford 12 HT

Widnes well ahead on territory and possession but never looked like scoring. Can't see either side troubling the play offs.

5 minutes ago, JonM said:

Widnes 0 Bradford 12 HT

Widnes well ahead on territory and possession but never looked like scoring. Can't see either side troubling the play offs.

Disagree Jon, Bradford have dominated possession, how many times have Widnes got past the 3rd tackle without knocking on or being thrown into touch. Our only saving grace so far is they seem as clueless as us. That said, if Bradford don't pull away in the second half I'll be surprised.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.