Shaun Wane to ask James Roby to come out of international retirement

reading the article its very much a case of "i'll have a chat in passing but i doubt it".. 

Edited by RP London

Just now, DavidM said:

Understandable , still the best hooker we have . The other main options have fell away a bit 

Clark is the biggest disappointment by far. Simply hasn't developed his all round game and underuses his usp which is lightning scoots and support play.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Good stuff. I'd be very happy for Roby to be picked.

The change of tune from Wane on Herbie Farnworth & Jackson Hastings (and Sam Walker) is also welcome. If we're going to win, we can't afford to turn our noses up at anyone. 

There’s a big difference between those names and easily replaceable dross like Heighington / McQueen under Bennett IMO.

Wane is getting the balance right IMO but I can’t help thinking losing Dodd and half of Lomax is a massive blow for England.  I think they would have been shoo-ins for the halves pairing.

Edited by FearTheVee

51 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

There’s a big difference between those names and easily replaceable dross like Heighington / McQueen under Bennett IMO.

Wane is getting the balance right IMO but I can’t help thinking losing Dodd and half of Lomax is a massive blow for England.  I think they would have been shoo-ins for the halves pairing.

McQueen won the Lance Todd. I'd welcome him too if he continues his good form - he's a top bloke and a positive influence.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

McQueen won the Lance Todd. I'd welcome him too if he continues his good form - he's a top bloke and a positive influence.

That's fair - dross wasn't accurate at all.

Choosing my words better, if you're bringing in heritage players (I know his dad is English but he is Oz born and played for the Prime Ministers XIII and Queensland for about 5 years before deciding to have a go with England) they need to be unarguably stronger than their equivalents.  I think we have a fair few back row options that I would pick before him given his status and (now) age.

Edited by FearTheVee

Why would anyone believe what Shaun Wane has "asked" any player?

Remember when Sky's Jenna Brooks asked Jake Connor what it was that Shaun Wane had asked him to do to improve?

• Like 1
                                                                  :kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

10 hours ago, FearTheVee said:

McQueen isn't dross - and if anything he's playing better than ever this term. Up there with the best second-rowers in SL. He should be in contention for a squad place at the WC.