Jump to content

Are you sure England is better then Samoa?


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Sports Prophet said:

Two of England’s try’s came off the back of glaringly poor referee calls. Those helped keep England in the game.

I don’t hunk you are giving Samoa the credit they deserve for that win today. You say they were far from impressive, but that is them playing below their best too in my opinion. Especially the last 10 minutes.

They played tough with a man down for ten minutes as well.

England were shocking, the worst England performance for many a year. If you are trying to say Samoa were too then that's your perogative but them scraping past England doesn't make them a good team either.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Two of England’s try’s came off the back of glaringly poor referee calls. Those helped keep England in the game.

I don’t think you are giving Samoa the credit they deserve for that win today. The same logic you are applying to England can also be applied to Samoa. I think Samoa actually contributed to England’s poor performance.

They played tough with a man down for ten minutes as well.

I mean if you really delve deep enough most try's could be considered a gift to the opposition. I think people are just hurting at the minute and not thinking rationally, give it time to settle.

Edited by Keith989
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Keith989 said:

I mean if you really delve deep enough most try's could be considered a gift to the opposition. I think people are just hurting at the minute and not thinking rationally, give it time to settle.

Interceptions, simple missed 1 v 1 tackles and markers falling asleep are gifts at any level of RL, never mind a World Cup semi final. These were all pretty unforced and are quite different than the opposition creating overlaps or forcing an error. No coach would be happy with the tries conceded today or the errors that led to them.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

England are the better side compared to Samoa and would win most encounters but not in the match that counted. England were clunky but Australia and NZ have been at times too. The modern game is so fast that anything short of excellent can look very average. That happens to teams in SL and the NRL as well. It's easy to knock a performance but no team can just keep on delivering every match. England were superb against a strong PNG side but didn't back it up against Samoa. It is what it is.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Damien said:

England were shocking, the worst England performance for many a year. If you are trying to say Samoa were too then that's your perogative but them scraping past England doesn't make them a good team either.

BLX 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

BLX 

We never hear the winning semi finalists say they played shocking etc. 

The whole point is to play well and make the opposition play bad and make mistakes.

If a side is good enough to do this, and Samoa were, then it is decisive and well earned.

Edited by Niels
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 16/10/2022 at 09:52, Mr Frisky said:

Totally agree, it was mainly the NRL lovers on here that gave England, and its majority SL player squad no chance - any true RL fan with a brain, knew we were a good team who would beat Samoa. 

Aye... "anyone with a brain" as you say.

👍🏽

Once again, the NRL guys came through. Same as they have all tournament. 

#levels

Edited by Madrileño
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Best side won today. Who is the better side overall is up for debate I’d say. If it were a boxing match, you want a trilogy and why can’t we have it? If this were a three game series people would be buzzing for a third test. A hiding, followed by a classic and then followed by a decider. 
 

International Rugby League needs to become a planned norm. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Madrileño said:

Aye... "anyone with a brain" as you say.

👍🏽

Once again, the NRL guys came through. Same as they have all tournament. 

#levels

So you go back to, and dig out a post i made on the 16th of October to make your point? - I also said Liz Truss would be a great PM on the same day...

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, WN83 said:

Best side won today. Who is the better side overall is up for debate I’d say. If it were a boxing match, you want a trilogy and why can’t we have it? If this were a three game series people would be buzzing for a third test. A hiding, followed by a classic and then followed by a decider. 
 

International Rugby League needs to become a planned norm. 

Imagine us inviting Tonga, Samoa and France for a Four Nations next year. I think after this we'd do OK between here and France. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Imagine us inviting Tonga, Samoa and France for a Four Nations next year. I think after this we'd do OK between here and France. 

Yes please... I'd buy tickets now!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RP London said:

Yes please... I'd buy tickets now!! 

These games would now have genuine purpose and feeling. Tonga beat GB and Samoa knocked England out of the WC. Couple of grudge matches there. How could they not be marketed and be filling 3 x 25k grounds and a 40k final? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

These games would now have genuine purpose and feeling. Tonga beat GB and Samoa knocked England out of the WC. Couple of grudge matches there. How could they not be marketed and be filling 3 x 25k grounds and a 40k final? 

As is said so often.. if something, anything was arranged for next year they could be marketing it now to those of is gutted at the moment.. "watch the revenge mission" etc

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Rocket said:

Dream on.

Let's be honest, it'd make far more money than them playing in an Oceanic Cup that may or may not happen. 

The Kiwis and Aussies could play a three test series or a series including PNG and Fiji. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Samoa were the better team but boy would England wish they had a reset button to push (after giving a refresher course on the importance of defending as a unit to our right edge).

Yes, England are a better team - they just didn't turn up today.

At least its only 3 years until we try again - a few weeks watching RL in the south of France will be great.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

So you go back to, and dig out a post i made on the 16th of October to make your point? - I also said Liz Truss would be a great PM on the same day...

Talked a big game and ended up falling flat on your face 😂😂😂 enjoy the next 3 years because England will be worse than Samoa, Tonga, Fiji and Png at the next world cup

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...