Never heard of Leigh??

44 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

What are all their shovels doing in Where? There shovels should be in Bury burying the animals. Where they are gonna bury the animals I'm not sure. I'd say Bury would be an ideal place to bury the animals from the Bury RSPCA.Ā 

Exactly, the clue is above their heads.

18 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Bloody BBCĀ 

" Tonight England's Women will find out who their opponents will be when Sweden take on Belgium in MANCHESTER " šŸ˜”

May be an image of text that says "QUARTER-FINAL 22 JULY, 21:00 ceT Wigan & Leigh SWEDEN BELGIUM Booking.com"

At least UEFA know ...

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.Ā (Terry Pratchett)

34 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Bloody BBCĀ 

" Tonight England's Women will find out who their opponents will be when Sweden take on Belgium in MANCHESTER " šŸ˜”

I suppose their choices were Manchester or Leigh, Greater Manchester, and they opted for the one word approach. It would have been pointless them saying Leigh, as most people wouldn't know where it is.

12 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

I suppose their choices were Manchester or Leigh, Greater Manchester, and they opted for the one word approach. It would have been pointless them saying Leigh, as most people wouldn't know where it is.

"most people wouldn't know where it is."

Should have said "Wigan" , which of course, everyone knows.

18 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Then just switch the sentence to "when Sweden take on Belgium at Leigh Sports Village".

It's the third game there this tournament. People should have an inkling by now that it's a small town in Wigan.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.Ā (Terry Pratchett)

20 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Then just switch the sentence to "when Sweden take on Belgium at Leigh Sports Village".

It's the third game there this tournament. People should have an inkling by now that it's a small town in Wigan.

Fourth šŸ˜‰

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

I suppose they could have saidĀ 

" Sweden take on Belgium at a bus stop in Wigan " šŸ˜‰

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

"I've never known this much excitement in Leigh," David Wands, who has lived in the town for five years, told BBC Sport.

Probably because RL fans are generally miserable gits..........

You need to get down to LSV on a big match day then DD - this lad has only been here 5 years and probably still supports Man U in a pub somewhere

17 hours ago, RP London said:

I'm more annoyed about Belvoir Castle... massive disappointment.. (if you know you know)

You a fan of dam buildingĀ šŸ˜…

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!" Ā Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

35 minutes ago, Bacardi Dave said:

Leigh made an appearance on Pointless this week, as one of 5 Rugby League clubs, with the town name missing, got the lowest score.

I still have nightmares about Jamie Theakston and Les Battersbyā€™s wife from Corrie losing on Who Wants To Be a Millionaire? because they thought we were a basketball team rather than rugby league. Though it was after our dreadful Super League season in 2005 so they may have seen the number of knock ons and forward passes and figured we were bouncing it deliberately.Ā 

• Haha 2