Belle Vue trending for all the wrong reasons

1 minute ago, FearTheVee said:

The intended audience is people looking at Saints twitter account, so I'd say it's meant primarily for Saints fans.

Secondly - life's way too short.  By the time I've done that I could have laid out a few new chairs, taken a picture and fixed this whole issue myself.

When Wakey's biggest problem is the state of the chairs in the dugout, I'll be a very happy man.

It's a very simple fix and now it's been highlighted, I'm sure it will be sorted.

But in truth, we have much bigger challenges to deal with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, dboy said:

When Wakey's biggest problem is the state of the chairs in the dugout, I'll be a very happy man.

It's a very simple fix and now it's been highlighted, I'm sure it will be sorted.

Indeed - and good luck with those challenges.  The redevelopment should make a real difference and I hope the club thrives and progresses wherever it plays next season.

35 minutes ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

Wakey and cas grounds are a disgrace for top flight rugby league they have got away with it for too long promising new grounds and producing fantasy drawings, it's about time the rfl made them bring there grounds into this century. 

Should have been kicked out of Super League and not allowed to return until them dump of grounds were sorted

• Like 2

There has been plenty of very reasonable discussion over why Wakey do not have a whole brand new ground like others have achieved.

HOWEVER, there is absolutely valid criticism to be made for parts of the ground, particularly those that the players use, just not being kept up at all. We're not talking millions of pounds here. Even if Wakefield thought they could be moving next month, those dugouts are totally unacceptable to be used right now. Its a cycle that has followed multiple ownership regimes and it is disappointing that it has continued into the present one. Basics, absolute basics, just not being done.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Future is League said:

Should have been kicked out of Super League and not allowed to return until them dump of grounds were sorted

Well we haven't been, we're both still here!

Even if we get relegated, Cas and their "dump" will still be in SL.

Keep crying sweetcheeks!

14 hours ago, gingerjon said:

The dugout photo is the one that gets me because it, yet again, it shows how little we value our players and what we expect them to put up with.

And, of all the issues, it would the quickest to put right with minimal spend.

Or how little some clubs value their players

20 minutes ago, dboy said:

The fact it’s a simple,cheap fix that has needed to be highlighted by a visiting team is a problem though,amateur clubs look after players better,but let’s hope this problem is sorted quickly.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dboy said:

Job done by Saints then, if it is sorted, as professional sportsmen will now be treated as such by a professional club. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Changed my user to that in 2007, but you wasn't a forum member then so you wouldn't have known. That wasn't you in 2004. You was gifted it.

Owned mate, owned.      😂

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 minute ago, meast said:

Fartown was in a better state when we abandoned it in 1992.

How sad.

No-one's taking flak from fans of a club who are beholden to a soccer club, and wholly reliant on an old man as benefactor.

Jog on.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Over 20 years they have been promising a new ground. OVER 20 YEARS

Promising?

Promising who?

Can you post me a link to something, anything that shows where Wakefield made these “promises”

• Like 1

Just now, OMEGA said:

Promising?

Promising who?

Can you post me a link to something, anything that shows where Wakefield made these “promises”

It's been going on so long that such references don't even exist online.

Wasn't the game at Barnsley in 1999 supposed to be a precursor for improvements being made though, or was that when the Benidorm end was put together?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

It's been going on so long that such references don't even exist online.

Wasn't the game at Barnsley in 1999 supposed to be a precursor for improvements being made though, or was that when the Benidorm end was put together?

Really? You're going with this?

They don't exist. Full stop. That's it.

They never existed.

The club did not promise to re-build.

The RFL did not require a re-build as a condition of promotion.

It's an urban myth.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

There has been plenty of very reasonable discussion over why Wakey do not have a whole brand new ground like others have achieved.

HOWEVER, there is absolutely valid criticism to be made for parts of the ground, particularly those that the players use, just not being kept up at all. We're not talking millions of pounds here. Even if Wakefield thought they could be moving next month, those dugouts are totally unacceptable to be used right now. Its a cycle that has followed multiple ownership regimes and it is disappointing that it has continued into the present one. Basics, absolute basics, just not being done.

17 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

The financial organisation,commencing in the sixties,was always a topic of conversation. They had a very good following, home and away, organised lotteries and other financial off-shoots and the monies must have been rolling in but as years progressed, the echelons changed, the coffers were slowly drained. It has been a constant struggle ever since. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dboy said:

Really? You're going with this?

They don't exist. Full stop. That's it.

They never existed.

The club did not promise to re-build.

The RFL did not require a re-build as a condition of promotion.

It's an urban myth.

In that case could you please confirm the scenario around the aforementioned game at Barnsley?

• Like 1