Sat 30 Jul: SL: Catalans Dragons v Leeds Rhinos KO 18:00 (UK Time)

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/07/22 at 17:30

On 26/07/2022 at 23:13, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Leeds in a high scoring game

A good shout but...

On 27/07/2022 at 09:21, Eddie said:

I think Leeds will spring a surprise here. 

Nostradamus here gets the prize!

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

11 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

No credit to Leeds then?, and I ain't their biggest fan.

Me neither, but credit given where credits due, well done Leeds.

Another thought occurs to me, but I won't know till I look at the table and remaining fixtures in how this result effects Cats finishing position on the league ladder, in that they still have to play Toulouse, and will they be able to give them the Charity that a few on these pages are hoping for, it may be the other way and the game could have no meaning, for Cats that is.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Me neither, but credit given where credits due, well done Leeds.

Another thought occurs to me, but I won't know till I look at the table and remaining fixtures in how this result effects Cats finishing position on the league ladder, in that they still have to play Toulouse, and will they be able to give them the Charity that a few on these pages are hoping for, it may be the other way and the game could have no meaning, for Cats that is.

A few people or just you H ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

A few people or just you H ?

So it was never said or intimated (on these pages) that Catalan should help out their fellow countrymen if at all possible by lets say not trying to hard in their up coming fixture to preserve Toulouse's SL status, which in turn will greatly help the game in France? 

As I said on another thread I would sooner go to an away fixture in Toulouse than Wakefield, but I wouldn't want either team to be relegated by something inappropriate.

Edited by Harry Stottle

17 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

So it was never said or intimated (on these pages) that Catalan should help out their fellow countrymen if at all possible by lets say not trying to hard in their up coming fixture to preserve Toulouse's SL status, which in turn will greatly help the game in France? 

As I said on another thread I would sooner go to an away fixture in Toulouse than Wakefield, but I wouldn't want either team to be relegated by something inappropriate.

You are talking twaddle. Nothing looked more inappropriate than Cas' complete downing of tools for the Wakefield game on Friday.

However, as in sport, it just turns out Cas were #### on the day and Wakefield up for the fight.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

You are talking twaddle. Nothing looked more inappropriate than Cas' complete downing of tools for the Wakefield game on Friday.

However, as in sport, it just turns out Cas were #### on the day and Wakefield up for the fight.

Complete utter garbage Scubs with the exception of "Wakefield up for the fight" I said it at the time, in the 79th minute Wakefied gang tackled a Cas player and took him over his own tryline they didn't need to do that the game was well and truly over by then but that was the attitude they exhibited all the game, Cas couldn't live with it.

Anyway that is for another thread.

• Haha 1

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Complete utter garbage Scubs with the exception of "Wakefield up for the fight" I said it at the time, in the 79th minute Wakefied gang tackled a Cas player and took him over his own tryline they didn't need to do that the game was well and truly over by then but that was the attitude they exhibited all the game, Cas couldn't live with it.

Anyway that is for another thread.

Okay I look forward to similar comments if Toulouse manage somehow to beat Catalans. 

What a shame this game wasn't on TV..........

Highlights here...........

A very random DG attemp midway through the 1st half by Tomkins, when Catalans were in total control............and he missed from straight in front.

Not sure what Prior was sinbinned for, looked to be an off the ball incident as it wasn't clear

Edited by DoubleD
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

What a shame this game wasn't on TV..........

Highlights here...........

A very random DG attemp midway through the 1st half by Tomkins, when Catalans were in total control............and he missed from straight in front.

Not sure what Prior was sinbinned for, looked to be an off the ball incident as it wasn't clear

Prior lost the ball and took his anger on Joe Chan.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

I'm sure Steve McNamara will be fuming. You know the defence is bad when Cam Smith makes a break. Some really poor attempts on that

Never mind the break did you see how easily Cam Smith sidestepped the expected England Captain at Fullback, defensively Tomkins is going get found out at the WC, he has lost a lot of pace and his positioning is not the best.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Never mind the break did you see how easily Cam Smith sidestepped the expected England Captain at Fullback, defensively Tomkins is going get found out at the WC, he has lost a lot of pace and his positioning is not the best.

Good chance he’ll be one of the half backs and either Lomax or Welsby to fullback. His pace just seems to have gone this year. 

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

cam smith is actually quite a good sidestepper when he is in the mood and lets not forget he played well at standoff against Wigan 

5 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

And do not forget Tomkins was everywhere last night as all of our tries came from him.

He wasn't everywhere in defence when Leeds made the comeback, that's the trouble Wg, he is now only good on the offensive part of a full backs play they do have another function to perform as the last line of defence.