Sun 7th Aug: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Salford Red Devils KO 15:00

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/08/22 at 14:30

Leeds were 30/ 6 down to Cats before that surprising come back I'm sure Leeds will be working on that since then . Salford are looking a good team again and I'm really looking forward to this game . I'll plump for Leeds by 4 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

8 hours ago, paul hicks said:

there are no rugby gods just hard work and luck . 

I think all fans of "smaller" clubs could trot out a few examples of being shafted in tight games at one of the "big boys" by a dubious refereeing decision. Saints away 2019 & Leeds away 2018 being 2 examples as a Salford fan.👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, paul hicks said:

there are no rugby gods just hard work and luck . 

Oh, unbeliever, heretic and infidel,  who do you think provides the luck? If not for the deities we'd have to blame referees and where would that leave us?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

It is a very strange experience to think SRD can win this game for any Salford fan.

Home advantage + loud support must favour Leeds.

1 hour ago, SalfordSlim said:

I think all fans of "smaller" clubs could trot out a few examples of being shafted in tight games at one of the "big boys" by a dubious refereeing decision. Saints away 2019 & Leeds away 2018 being 2 examples as a Salford fan.👍

Erm only two examples?

(Coughs) Surely this is the GF in embryo? (Coughs, croaks, )

Is it not the case that SRD wins at Leeds are historical exceptions along with Black swans, a 120th birthday or being hit by lightening. 

There again there has been a Trump presidency, brexit, Covid and a successful Manchester City club, so you know there is a chance.

To be honest, the main job, staying up has been achieved. The rest is a bonus. 

Salford Slim

As Nietzsche was right in asserting "God is Dead." Then I find it hard to believe there are Rugby Gods. 

if there is then definitely they are as distant as any passing Kierkegaard might argue and they are really having a laugh at us.

Edited by idrewthehaggis

9 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Erm only two examples?

That's a thread that would take up a bible's & the works of Shakespear worth of space and even with the photo evidence of a few of those on here would dispute the findings.

12 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

There again there has been a Trump presidency, brexit, Covid and a successful Manchester City club, so you know there is a chance.

All these with the exception Man city can be explained by voters and participants having past and identifiable form whereas City just needed the cash!

2 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

i also think fans of so called bigger clubs could point out times they think they have been shafted as well.

the point is that mostly they are wrong and just have a chip on there shoulder

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

Oh, unbeliever, heretic and infidel,  who do you think provides the luck? If not for the deities we'd have to blame referees and where would that leave us?

supporters already blame the refs and cast them in the role of the devil which may explain why rugby league still seems to be in the dark ages .

17 minutes ago, paul hicks said:

blame the refs and cast them in the role of the devil

Refs are never cast in the role of the devil, being a Devil is far too good for any ref!

And it's the Gods of Irony you need to worry about!

Which begs the question: Is Jude the Patron Saint of Refs, the M62, RL and the north of England?

And should we be even talking deities in a God forsaken country like this one?

Edited by Oxford
  • Haha 1

Leeds to win by quite a few.

Interesting that there's the talk about refs. Leeds last home game led to the ref and vr being stood down last week. This week Liam Moore has the Hull FC game but Child is reffing the Leigh game. As was stated previously. All Moore and Child's mistakes were of course in Leeds favour.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Oxford said:

Refs are never cast in the role of the devil, being a Devil is far too good for any ref!

And it's the Gods of Irony you need to worry about!

Which begs the question: Is Jude the Patron Saint of Refs, the M62, RL and the north of England?

And should we be even talking deities in a God forsaken country like this one?

how can there be a god forsaken country when they is no god . seems you are mistaking fantasy for reality. you sure your not a Salford fan .