The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

5 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

That's exactly what I said there. In your scenario, Wakefield would be the lowest cat B club in Super League. 

No I didn't you actually highlighted it.

23 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Fev are a Cat B and win the Championship  Leigh who finish 11th are also Cat B but then say Wakefield finish Bottom are also a Cat B who have a greater B rating than Leigh,

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

No I didn't you actually highlighted it.

If Wakefield finish bottom of Super League and are graded cat B, they are the lowest cat B team in Super League. 11th placed Leigh's grading is completely irrelevant.

Am I talking a different language or something?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

I thought this thread was about transfers? 

Mea culpa though I did bring in the subject of promotion/relegation because of its alleged relevance to Toulouse's recruitment.

So back to that subject. The next couple of months is going to be very interesting for followers of Championship RL. From a very early stage long before last season started most people accepted that 2 teams would finish clear of the remainder in the table and that turned out to be right, but with Fev unconvincing under McDermott and losing to Batley in the semis, then getting a new coach, and with Toulouse looking potentially a fair bit weaker than 2 years ago (though they should still be leading contenders), plenty of clubs will feel they can have a real crack at top 2 in 2023.

14 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

It's not my fault you have the reading comprehension of a 4 year old Harry. 

Nor you in understanding what you originally wrote have you short term memory loss?, As I said in a previous debate others posters were saying there would probably be 6 A and 6 B's now surely from those do you expect all the B's will be equal and just maybe some may just have been short of an A catagory and some just sneaking into the B catagory, so In that case your original statement re Fevs promotion that "they would replace the lowest cat B club in Super League" comes into play, not who finished bottom, your words Gav not mine.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

Saints have signed 19Yr old Wesley Bruines from South Sydney's Academy. Born in Dewsbury, Played for Yorkshire U17 and England Community Lions before spending a season at Wakefield and then moving to Aus to develop himself. 

Decided to come back to the UK and now Signed for Saints

Any Wakey fans know much about him ?

Edited by Saint Toppy

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

15 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Where have the likes of Le Cam gone released from Catalan?

I'm catching up with No1 son tomorrow evening so I will get a low down from him, see if he can tell me anything...or maybe he can tell me stuff but I can't pass it on just yet. 

15 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Saints have signed 19Yr old Wesley Bruines from South Sydney's Academy. Born in Dewsbury, Played for Yorkshire U17 and England Community Lions before spending a season at Wakefield and then moving to Aus to develop himself. 

Decided to come back to the UK and now Signed for Saints

Any Wakey fans know much about him ?

Absolutely nothing tbh. He clearly signed and played for us, but I don't recall seeing him myself, though I don't claim to watch every Academy game. Odd though, it's an unusual name, so I'm sure I'd remember him if he'd stood out in any way.

That's not to say he isn't a good player, just never noticed him.