Today I will mostly be

I have an eye test at about noon tomorrow. I hope I get home before the Test Match finishes.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I have an eye test at about noon tomorrow. I hope I get home before the Test Match finishes.

Ahem, that's tomorrow....so you could have begun with... thinking all day about tomorrow when.....

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

51 minutes ago, JohnM said:

watched Parramatta demolish Brisbane, 

thanks - was just about to put that on from recording it this morning 

• Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

16 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I had 2 weeks off over Christmas, most of which was me alone in the house.

I knew it was time to go back to work when I realised I was sitting on the sofa in my pyjamas at 2 in the afternoon watching Top Gear drinking Baileys from a pint glass.

Ahh, lockdown.

17 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I had 2 weeks off over Christmas, most of which was me alone in the house.

I knew it was time to go back to work when I realised I was sitting on the sofa in my pyjamas at 2 in the afternoon watching Top Gear drinking Baileys from a pint glass.

Why was it time to get back to the tyranny of gainful employment? Sounds like you were sold a bum deal.

7 hours ago, Shadow said:

I wish.

No, I've got at least 5 years to go.

I have been unretired for 9 years now or to put it another way I should have retired 9 years ago.

I have a gold watch from 25 years plus of clocking on  ( Thank you Rolls Royce),

I am overdue a gold watch for self employment but my self employer is to tight to buy me one.

I quite fancy trying to get another gold watch for not being retired    ( just 15 years in January to go)

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

2 hours ago, Shadow said:

I was sitting on the sofa in my pyjamas at 2 in the afternoon watching Top Gear drinking Baileys from a pint glass.

Working from home, eh? Or just living the dream?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 hours ago, amm said:

Painting the fences, gate and garden furniture at our house

Listening to LBC and having a brew and a sit down regularly 

339098FB-C98B-4311-B5F1-50A646A53388.jpeg

I listen to LBC sometimes depending were i am working. I don’t mind the fella who is on at about 10am, and the fella who is on a Friday night at about 10pm, but i haven’t got a clue what their names are. 

7 hours ago, Josef K said:

I listen to LBC sometimes depending were i am working. I don’t mind the fella who is on at about 10am, and the fella who is on a Friday night at about 10pm, but i haven’t got a clue what their names are. 

10 am James O’Brien is more or less on daily. Eddie Mair at Drivetime will be missed. Steve Allen gets my hubby through night shifts or keeps us awake when we drive overnight.

Edited by amm
Typo

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Watching the world wake up ( I love the peace early doors) 

Doubt I’ll be doing much else after yesterdays painting. Might go for a short walk and a long sit down. 

edit… watching out for anyone using a hose pipe, ban comes in today 

Edited by amm
Edit

Scrap the above 

today I will mostly be ranting about the 80% rise 😡

Watching Panthers v Raiders followed by Storm v Roosters then a couple of hours on the bowling green, back home for tea to watch whichever SL match is on TV. Pretty much a perfect day.

Almost forgot, I’ll also be dipping in and out of the Test Match.

55 minutes ago, Moose said:

Watching Panthers v Raiders followed by Storm v Roosters then a couple of hours on the bowling green, back home for tea to watch whichever SL match is on TV. Pretty much a perfect day.

Almost forgot, I’ll also be dipping in and out of the Test Match.

That is a good day. What you having for your tea?

Cleaner is coming in 10 minutes so i've had to change from my robe. Sad times.

*Might get some work done.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

no idea how people want to retire - the feeling of been redundant and of no worth would be too much for me- I  need  others to need me and for them to want my skills = if we cant go in cos of snow I feel like its been a wasted day - some of my friends are retired and when I ask them what they did this week its - went to the garden centre - did a bit of shopping -  went to the tip- cleaned out the shed - not for me thanks 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 25/08/2022 at 11:52, Shadow said:

I'm in my last two weeks, finding motivation in short supply as I tie off as many loose ends as possible.

On 25/08/2022 at 13:08, amm said:

Are you retiring?

You obviously don't know him well... he never let's anything go!

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

11 hours ago, amm said:

10 am James O’Brien is more or less on daily. Eddie Mair at Drivetime will be missed. Steve Allen gets my hubby through night shifts or keeps us awake when we drive overnight.

You good Maggie ? 

Tonight I will mainly be serving behind the bar at Louth Jazz Club . It's blues night with The Stand In Blues Band. I'll be trying  to listen to the commentary of the Wigan v Saints game at the same time.

(Look us up...the Club has its own YouTube channel)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dunbar said:

You obviously don't know him well... he never let's anything go!

I don’t know him personally but he was here last time I was around and as I have retired I thought he might be a similar age

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

You good Maggie ? 

Yes thanks, we’re doing well. It’s took me a while to dip my toes here again. Suppose having more time on my hands now I’ve retired, I felt it was about time I did because I made some good friends here and in rugby league, even my husband. My confidence was dented last time around, and I still don’t feel I can attend games at Leigh but I know I can hold my head high. All the rest of my family go. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, amm said:

Yes thanks, we’re doing well. It’s took me a while to dip my toes here again. Suppose having more time on my hands now I’ve retired, I felt it was about time I did because I made some good friends here and in rugby league, even my husband. My confidence was dented last time around, and I still don’t feel I can attend games at Leigh but I know I can hold my head high. All the rest of my family go. 

You missed a cricket match last week against us Knights , spent a nervous day ahead of our next match against Eagles which we won.....just , I can now drink beer again.

• Like 1