Jump to content

Poching Sacked


Recommended Posts


2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Maybe they are getting wind of a change from P&R in 2023 so will be saving money on the coach and squad in order to invest in the ground. If so, expect an "up and coming" Championship coach to be brought in.

To be honest they should have been improving their ground piecemeal since they entered Super League. yes they did some improvements add hoc, but in my opinion not enough.

It is also my opinion that grounds will be part of the criteria for Super League soon, hence why in my opinion London Broncos have moved in with Wimbledon soccer club. in case they get promoted back to Super League. Just saying

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

To be honest they should have been improving their ground piecemeal since they entered Super League. yes they did some improvements add hoc, but in my opinion not enough.

It is also my opinion that grounds will be part of the criteria for Super League soon, hence why in my opinion London Broncos have moved in with Wimbledon soccer club. in case they get promoted back to Super League. Just saying

What would have been the point in throwing good money after bad when there was never any intention to stay at BV? (Prior to 2019).

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Maybe they are getting wind of a change from P&R in 2023 so will be saving money on the coach and squad in order to invest in the ground. If so, expect an "up and coming" Championship coach to be brought in.

Yep but then that coach would avoid it by a mile if they are just going to be the useful idiot that holds the fort, gets pumped and then they go and get the coach they actually want. I think they will be after McDermott. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Yep but then that coach would avoid it by a mile if they are just going to be the useful idiot that holds the fort, gets pumped and then they go and get the coach they actually want. I think they will be after McDermott. 

As things stand we can only guess what might be for 2023 season and 2024 season, but what happens to them in they get relegated?

There appears to be some sort of underlying problems at Fev with him and the players, so he might welcome a move away from Post Office road

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Forever Trinity said:

If you read the detail he was signed as head coach for 12 months at which point it would be reviewed, that review has taken place and an extension has not been agreed hardly a sacking. based on the full season and how we hit rock bottom after the Magic weekend its no surprise.

It’s called click bait. The subject is worth discussing but the title is sensationalising and not an accurate description of what really happened. 

I was surprised he wasn’t offered a permanent contract but they must have their reasons.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Number 16 said:

I'm guessing that with the new stand going up maybe they have set their coaching aims higher as they expect to join SL's glitterati. 

Crazy!

and the post of the week award goes to number16! And it's only Tuesday. Well played.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, The Future is League said:

As things stand we can only guess what might be for 2023 season and 2024 season, but what happens to them in they get relegated?

There appears to be some sort of underlying problems at Fev with him and the players, so he might welcome a move away from Post Office road

the biggest underlying problem seems to be with the incredibly demanding fans and their ideas about McDermott. Rovers finished second to an expensively assembled Leigh side, but apparently not in the right way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In two years Wakey will be one of the most attractive jobs in the sport with ground sorted, comercial online and chance to really compete. Next year it looks like the worst job possible with lowest budget (lower than Leigh and Salford might get a bit of playoff cash) but expected to stay up. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Londonbornirishbred said:

Didn't see that coming. 

Yes, they were terrible for chunks of the season, but when it mattered they looked pretty classy winning 4 from 5.

Not sure what the owner expects, but it'll take more than a new coach to turn Wakefield into anything other than a 7th-12th side next year.

I do wonder when I hear teams improve and a player revolt as to whether the players decided how to play in those few games.

It did happen at Salford under one of the awful coaches we had (take a pick from Greg, McRae,Harvey etc) I don't recall which one it was though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

In two years Wakey will be one of the most attractive jobs in the sport with ground sorted, comercial online and chance to really compete. Next year it looks like the worst job possible with lowest budget (lower than Leigh and Salford might get a bit of playoff cash) but expected to stay up. 

I fully expect Wakey to be in the Championship in 2024, this seems to be the first year a team will get promoted and not automatically be the favs to go down. There is some real pressure on Wakey to stay up next year because I think the Championship will ruin them once the SL funding is taken off them. Without that I would put the other 2 teams in the championship with WF postcodes in front of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Yep but then that coach would avoid it by a mile if they are just going to be the useful idiot that holds the fort, gets pumped and then they go and get the coach they actually want. I think they will be after McDermott. 

McDermott for Wakefield? Well it is a massive city so perhaps ❗😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...