2023 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

But that's not true. Not remotely. He's been in charge at Leigh for a decade or so now. Are they bigger, more sustainable, or, in any way, massively improved since he took over?

My memory includes him lambasting his own fans for not being charitable enough and arbitrarily attempting to terminate the contracts of players. Amongst other times when the cashflow pipeline was threatened to be turned off.

No one doubts his passion. But I'd take a half dozen dull owners whose names we barely know but who get on with doing what's beneficial for their clubs than someone who uses his club's official twitter feed to get someone to explain that he knows what the difference between a jaguar and a leopard is.

Well fair enough, but I bet Workington, Whitehaven, Swinton et al wish they had a Beaumont-esque owner, and without him I imagine Leigh would be in a similar place to them. 

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Well fair enough, but I bet Workington, Whitehaven, Swinton et al wish they had a Beaumont-esque owner, and without him I imagine Leigh would be in a similar place to them. 

TBH, we could do with a lot more owners with some proper money. Beaumont really doesn't have that. You are right that in percentage terms he's certainly in credit but whoever we're attracting, they need to be wealthier or else no one will really be going forward.

But this is a kit thread. We must stick to the leopard print not the Leopards owner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

14 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It’s not though is it, he’s been slated for years. He’s not particularly my cup of tea in the way he presents himself in public (he may be very different in private) but you can’t deny his enthusiasm for his local club and what he’s done for them; with five or six owners like him the game would be in a much better place. 

There’s loads of owners who are enthusiastic about their club. It’s a low bar if we’re wanting blokes who are “enthusiastic”. 

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Eddie said:

He doesn’t need class, he’s trying to make a success of his local rugby league club by pouring millions of his own money in, yet he gets repeatedly sneered at by RL fans. 

He gets ‘sneered’ at because of things like this rebrand.

Just because he has money doesn’t absolve him from criticism.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

TBH, we could do with a lot more owners with some proper money. Beaumont really doesn't have that. You are right that in percentage terms he's certainly in credit but whoever we're attracting, they need to be wealthier or else no one will really be going forward.

But this is a kit thread. We must stick to the leopard print not the Leopards owner.

Not your cup of tea then ? , I'll bet Mrs Ginger has some in the wardrobe ? , Get her a shirt , she'll love it 😂

2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

He gets ‘sneered’ at because of things like this rebrand.

Just because he has money doesn’t absolve him from criticism.

Hang , draw and quarter the bstrd , a Leopard shirt ? , What's he thinking of ? 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 , Crime of the century 😂

7 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Well i never said anything close to wanting him hung drawn and quartered.

Do you think he’s above criticism and ridicule?

Not at all , but you all could leave the pitchforks at home , it's quite ridiculous 

29 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Not at all , but you all could leave the pitchforks at home , it's quite ridiculous 

What pitchforks?

its a RL forum to discuss things, if your clubs owner wants to do ridiculous things to get publicity you’d better be able accept people will have an opinion on it.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Sheffield Eagles new home and away.  I can’t add a photo as it says it’s larger than the maximum file size of 245mb  

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02gorrRrAedSp3L8E4robKH7uZR8kLCpztHkdcjFuuR1yD8FX59x81tk1HWffbphEal&id=100063638257395

If Sheffield and Leigh ever merge I've got the shirt covered

Lets go Sheffeigh Leogles

spacer.png

Edited by Henson Park Old Firm

9 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

hey... i havent said anything for a while... and sometimes I have to go to work... 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Classy efforts from the Eagles

was just coming on to post this.. 

its a bit meh for me, nice enough and I'll hold opinion 100% on it till i see it on the pitch as it may look much better when played in but I don't like solid backs that are a different colour from the majority of the front.. i also dont like it being too red and white (as an owl it doesnt do it for me) the whole club is "red and gold" so where is the gold? 

The away one is ok, I can see it being a bit like the grey one from a few years ago in that "it goes well with jeans" so will sell well. 

Not going to be rushing out to get one my self, will see what the training wear is like, hoodies etc.