RLWC Positivity Thread

12 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

Again, great to see Sky adding to the excitement rather than pretending this isn't happening. A successful World Cup is good for RL on Sky.

• Like 5

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Starting to get a buzz now. I've fallen a bit out of love with the sport over the last year - London Broncos moving yet again and the RLWC being postponed the main factors.

But got a Cov/Bolton/Doncaster road trip with some pals planned for next weekend and will also be heading to the final in November with a mate and our young sons. Hopefully this will re-kindle the fire!

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Mark S said:

Got a mention on Good Morning Britain. Not seen that before.

Quite a lengthy, positive mention, repeated every half hour. Plus some coverage on the local news spot on ITV Tyne Tees too.

• Like 1

Watching the videos from the fanzine, and the England players at St James' is making me u believable excited. The stadium is looking good, the flags laid out ready for the fan displays in the stands, its a magnificent stadium for this event. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Damien said:

Excellent stuff, looks like they are sponsored by National Lottery so hopefully not costing us anything. I do think it's a shame that we have to go with paid content but hey, papers are not gonna move football are they? 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Excellent stuff, looks like they are sponsored by National Lottery so hopefully not costing us anything. I do think it's a shame that we have to go with paid content but hey, papers are not gonna move football are they? 

Is it paid content? I didn't pick up that it was.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

7 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Not know anything like this for RL before 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Really good that they are showing every game live on the big screen. A decent enough pint from the Irish bar there while watching sounds OK. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Really good that they are showing every game live on the big screen. A decent enough pint from the Irish bar there while watching sounds OK. 

Just imagine if RL would have been bold enough for a summer World Cup 

• Like 1

I just spent the last 40 minutes reading bbc hys comments on the latest RL article. Made me realise why I stopped going on those things years ago. Absolute comedy gold, given me a right laugh before bed! 🤣

Well this is it, the last sleep before the World Cup. Alright I have to go into work in the morning but only for a couple of hours and then I plonk myself in that armchair, surround myself with food and switch my phone to airplane mode! We've waited a long bloody time but the World Cup is finally here! 🌍😁👍 

• Like 3