37 of 42 back IMG’s proposal

1 minute ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Not sure if it's just me but that appears to be a dead link now. The below seems to have replaced it 

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12196/12719459/super-league-relegation-scrapped-for-leading-clubs-in-radical-new-plans-from-img

Same dead link?

The decision has obviously gone to the video ref.

• Haha 4

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Perhaps not to take this too cynically, but whilst most clubs are worried about the criteria, it seems that 37 of them at least are confident of making Super League if given the environment to grow.

They back themselves to succeed and it is exactly the sort of way that the thinking behind major RL decisions should be driven by.

I don't think that is the conclusion I'd come to. I think many will feel it is right for the sport and they will be better off at their level if the whole game grows. 

Many who voted yes probably have no expectation of ever playing top tier. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Perhaps not to take this too cynically, but whilst most clubs are worried about the criteria, it seems that 37 of them at least are confident of making Super League if given the environment to grow.

They back themselves to succeed and it is exactly the sort of way that the thinking behind major RL decisions should be driven by.

Clearly all 37 believe they can make SL!!!! You really do crack me up 🤣🤣🤣

Just now, Kirmonds pouch said:

Link don't seem to work?

Seems Sky have taken it down. Story said all bar 5 clubs had voted for the proposals, including all 12 SL teams.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Dave T said:

I don't think that is the conclusion I'd come to. I think many will feel it is right for the sport and they will be better off at their level if the whole game grows. 

Many who voted yes probably have no expectation of ever playing top tier. 

I don't disagree. Though it is likely those clubs also think that now.

No matter how much people scream "P/R" in their faces, for most clubs this makes achieving Super League more likely than it has been for a number of years when they couldn't afford to splurge on field to compete.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Let's see who the five are.

Leigh appear to have voted yes, given they are now a Super League club.

If we were going to go down the route of clubs voting for the best system for them to play in SL, I think many of the 'middle' clubs would vote for it to remain, as some of them really do end up at risk now. 

Just now, Tommygilf said:

Always knew you were a fellow Swiftie

It is a source of constant surprise to both me and my passengers quite how many of her songs are on my Spotify driving playlist.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Been told that they pulled it because The RFL had to release it first.

Was probably embargoed.

• Like 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

It is a source of constant surprise to both me and my passengers quite how many of her songs are on my Spotify driving playlist.

I always though she was a he! Sounds like a blokes name, but then the music stopped for me in 1983 so I couldn't tell yoi if I'd ever heard her sing or not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I'm a big fan of Bon Iver, not Taylor Swift let me make that clear! Not Taylor! Anyway Exile and Evermore by them are two of my favourite songs in the world, ever. So good to finally say it - just didn't know it would be here and now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

But we knew all that before didnt we ? 

Still no hard facts as far as I can see. I wouldnt mind knowing what their perceieved peaks of interest  are for starters

Apologies if I wasn't clear, the RFL link doesn't have the 37 out of 42 numbers quoted in it.

On the peaks of interest, I'm assuming it is something along the lines of Season Opening, Cup final late Spring, Summer Event(s)/internationals, Grand Final/Playoffs, Autumn Internationals.

Gives you roughly 6 weeks/2 months between each.