37 of 42 back IMG’s proposal

5 minutes ago, Jughead said:

A moment of silence for Sadler's "everyone in a big conference where Wigan and West Wales are in the same division" plan.

We hardly knew ye.

• Haha 10

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Spidey said:

Pretty decent endorsement that from the clubs, got to be a positive.  Wonder who the Famous Five are?

Keighley is one, I assume. They seemed less than pleased with it all.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Dave T said:

I'll once again make the point that when we get the claims that clubs constantly vote selfishly, they are not backed up with evidence. Otherwise we would surely see more than 5 clubs against this? 

Let's see who the five are.

Leigh appear to have voted yes, given they are now a Super League club.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I'll once again make the point that when we get the claims that clubs constantly vote selfishly, they are not backed up with evidence. Otherwise we would surely see more than 5 clubs against this? 

The Toronto and Leigh votes did suggest that many SL clubs do that tbf, though agreed this one is different. 

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Perhaps not to take this too cynically, but whilst most clubs are worried about the criteria, it seems that 37 of them at least are confident of making Super League if given the environment to grow.

They back themselves to succeed and it is exactly the sort of way that the thinking behind major RL decisions should be driven by.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The Toronto and Leigh votes did suggest that many SL clubs do that tbf, though agreed this one is different. 

But no, this is exactly my point. Maybe they actually voted based on what they believed to be right. 

We all make the arrogant mistake of believing our view is the right one. It is very, very easy to see why newco TWP were not allowed into SL.