37 of 42 back IMG’s proposal

4 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Still no hard facts as far as I can see. I wouldnt mind knowing what their perceieved peaks of interest  are for starters

I do think this is something we can be far better at. 

Outside of the events etc, I think we waste the derby games a little. I think by putting them all over one weekend it is often a case of blink and you miss them. 

Opening weekend can be a big weekend without having huge derbies like they have tried. Easter doesn't need all derbies. 

We should be trying to stage major games each week, it's something that Premier League football does quite well. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Keighley voted against, Batley and Dewsbury abstained due to lack of definition in grading criteria according to Matt Shaw

Everyone else in favour?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I do think this is something we can be far better at. 

Outside of the events etc, I think we waste the derby games a little. I think by putting them all over one weekend it is often a case of blink and you miss them. 

Opening weekend can be a big weekend without having huge derbies like they have tried. Easter doesn't need all derbies. 

We should be trying to stage major games each week, it's something that Premier League football does quite well. 

You see Dave both you and Tommy have just made assumptions and given your own interpretations. Not having a go for doing that. However this whole thing is so vague I really cant see how anyone could vote on these proposals. 

You two both made a genuine sensible guess, but how can any club/business vote on vague suggestions. Hats off to Batley and Dewsbury if they at least wanted more detailed facts

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

https://keighleycougars.uk/kcrlfc-rrl-vote

Keighley claiming to be the only ones to vote against, so I would presume the other 4 abstained

Indeed, and they are entitled to do so and to explain why.  They do, though, have to accept the majority verdict if they are to remain part of the game, whilst fighting their side from within.

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

That’s some wild comparisons and little league thinking from Keighley. Quoting Boris Johnson is special, too.

You can see why Keighley were the only one's to vote against. I bet even clubs who weren't totally convinced didn't want to embarrass themselves by standing behind such "logic".

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

You see Dave both you and Tommy have just made assumptions and given your own interpretations. Not having a go for doing that. However this whole thing is so vague I really cant see how anyone could vote on these proposals. 

You two both made a genuine sensible guess, but how can any club/business vote on vague suggestions. Hats off to Batley and Dewsbury if they at least wanted more detailed facts

I think the vote was to ask IMG to move from "principles and direction" to scoping something more detailed. So this was never going to be the hurdle at which IMG stumbled because, as you say, we're still at the stage of everyone filling the blanks with what they hope IMG mean. 

17 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I’m not sure Andrew Henderson will last long at Keighley - his views on the game seem wildly different to his boss

The coaches job is to win games , as we saw with Brian McDermott when they start getting involved in the politics of the sport , they can end up looking stupid 

Just now, Archie Gordon said:

Indeed. They seem to have changed their position on this. Much better.

Have they? Or have they elaborated on their original point? I can’t remember ever reading anything previously on movement between clubs of the same grade and from memory, that was one of the many questions people had and whether it would be possible. 

I hope that means the grading is going to be quite strict and B licences will be quite hard to get hold of and not just everyone in the Championship getting one. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

I think the vote was to ask IMG to move from "principles and direction" to scoping something more detailed. So this was never going to be the hurdle at which IMG stumbled because, as you say, we're still at the stage of everyone filling the blanks with what they hope IMG mean. 

It says that pretty clearly in the RFL statement. It's about endorsing the direction of travel and the principles in the recommendations. That being done there will be further consultation.

Note, I don't think it guarantees any more votes. Just that it guarantees opportunities to be involved, consult etc.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)