37 of 42 back IMG’s proposal

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Brilliant , so when we get to 11 A grade and 1 B in SL the Championship clubs have plenty to play for , or will it be possible to achieve an A grade outside SL ? , Therefore displacing CAS the 1 year they do the double ? 😂

Bonkers 

Why do you keep inventing scenarios to get angry at?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

It won't make any difference in the long term as i can see a breakaway.

P

Maybe the break away can join Rugby Unions Bedford, Cornish Pirates and WASPS....both codes are in a weird situation VIVA LA FRANCE Rugby Union.

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Why do you keep inventing scenarios to get angry at?

You are reading the emoji's wrong , I'm laughing at the absurdity of it all , we have a simple system that everybody understands , we've twice tried to change things with bonkers complicated systems/structures , neither has worked according to our ' experts ' although I enjoyed the 8s immensely , so we're now going embark on an even more complicated structure to help us draw in new fans ( only way we'll make more ' dosh ' which IMG will then take a large portion of , will they give us money if it does the opposite ? ) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

You are reading the emoji's wrong , I'm laughing at the absurdity of it all , we have a simple system that everybody understands , we've twice tried to change things with bonkers complicated systems/structures , neither has worked according to our ' experts ' although I enjoyed the 8s immensely , so we're now going embark on an even more complicated structure to help us draw in new fans ( only way we'll make more ' dosh ' which IMG will then take a large portion of , will they give us money if it does the opposite ? ) 

But you don’t know how the structure works yet, none of us on here does.

I thought the middle 8’s were terrible and glad they were scrapped.

The structure is also just one part of the proposals

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

But you don’t know how the structure works yet, none of us on here does.

I thought the middle 8’s were terrible and glad they were scrapped.

The structure is also just one part of the proposals

I very much doubt ' they ' know either , but there's nowt ont telly so I'm keeping myself amused 😉

• Like 3

I don’t understand why French clubs will have to have a minimum number of domestic players in their match day squad.

Surely player development and player pathways will be assessed as part of the grading system for all clubs? Isn’t that sufficient?

Other clubs are free to buy up quality French players from the French clubs yet the french clubs will not be able to freely buy up quality non-French players to replace them. They’ll have the pressure of a quota system influencing who they sign up.

• Like 7

It appears to be part of Keighley's history:

"Keighley officially joined the Rugby Football Union on Tuesday, 8 April 1879, and the following year, in a match at Bingley, there was a peculiar incident. A report of the game states that Bradbury attempted a drop goal, but the ball passed under the crossbar, and Bairstow, following up, touched down. Bingley would not concede the try, alleging that the player who obtained it was offside, and due to their refusal to allow the ball to be brought out, the home players left the field and the game was unfinished."

They are taking their ball home in 2022.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

I’m not sure Andrew Henderson will last long at Keighley - his views on the game seem wildly different to his boss

I'm guessing you know as much about Andrew Henderson and his reasons for being at Keighley, and any of his employers,as I do about nuclear physics.

3 hours ago, Jughead said:

That’s some wild comparisons and little league thinking from Keighley. Quoting Boris Johnson is special, too.

Well,if it wasn't original,ethical,and with the greater good of the sport being top of the agenda,as well as being stand alone courageous,they could have used even more quotes from another team sport,which is marginally more richer,with more ' live ' spectators, and armchair fans than rugby league,and the more organised fans have said similar,

https://thefsa.org.uk/our-work/european-super-league/

Just as the Conservative Party have managed to find someone worse than Boris Johnson, it seems Super League/ The RFL,may very well have found worse than Elstone.

Only 12 more years.Crackin' start!

Courageous Keighley. What a repetition.What a family!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

This seems to remove the whole point of licenses. How is a b club supposed to build if they are at risk of relegation? 

I wouldnt have voted for this. Seems half baked now without seeing criteria.

If, this us true, and only Shaw has claimed it so far, then it may explain why the vote was so convincing, because in reality it doesn't change too much. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

i can see a breakaway.

Are you in the chocolate biscuit aisle of a 1980s supermarket? Memories.

I wonder if they still make them. Anyway, back on topic… (damn it, that’s another chocolate biscuit isn’t it?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

This seems to remove the whole point of licenses. How is a b club supposed to build if they are at risk of relegation? 

I wouldnt have voted for this. Seems half baked now without seeing criteria.

The point is that you would build off the field. If your grade B there is something not quite right. Until we see the criteria we won't know for sure but it appears you can become a grade A in a lower tier and get automatically promoted. Infact this is what has been said as the only way to expand the league

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

So we'll have A graders who will be ' safe ' , they were safe already , if by some strange coincidence any of them had gone down , they'd have come straight back up anyway 

Then we'll have the SL B graders who might go down and might just not manage to bounce back ( unlikely , but be very funny if one of them did only for Wire to then finish bottom the following year and deny them their chance to return 😂 )

So will we now see less Championship B graders apart from the ' selected ' ones ? 😉 , Maybe this is where The Cougars are thinking ? , Will the great ' unwashed ' now get a new ' C ' grade ?

I think the idea is that there will be more clubs striving to get an A grade in order to keep their place rather than "doing a Wakefield" and just doing enough to stay there year after year.

As someone else alluded to earlier, it's a race to the top and that should be a good thing, right?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, meast said:

I think the idea is that there will be more clubs striving to get an A grade in order to keep their place rather than "doing a Wakefield" and just doing enough to stay there year after year.

As someone else alluded to earlier, it's a race to the top and that should be a good thing, right?

So you think Wakey have not been trying ? 

Yourselves like Leigh are fortunate in having modern stadia made available by council/other sport club at a good time , also we both have financial benefactors willing to ' invest ' in our teams 

As I put , it's either ( on pitch ) or ( off pitch ) , not a Mish mash of both 

But to suggest clubs aren't trying is bonkers 

7 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

It has to be this but I worry about a lack of counterfactual. So if attendances are low then is that because they are in a lower division or will it be a like for like comparison which is disengenous.

Crowds , academies , corporate support , sponsorship , all are massively affected by where you are , comparisons are unworkable 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Copa said:

I don’t understand why French clubs will have to have a minimum number of domestic players in their match day squad.

Surely player development and player pathways will be assessed as part of the grading system for all clubs? Isn’t that sufficient?

Other clubs are free to buy up quality French players from the French clubs yet the french clubs will not be able to freely buy up quality non-French players to replace them. They’ll have the pressure of a quota system influencing who they sign up.

Wouldn’t/shouldn’t French players signing for an English SL now be classed as a quota player? If not, why not? 🤷🏼

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

It has to be this but I worry about a lack of counterfactual. So if attendances are low then is that because they are in a lower division or will it be a like for like comparison which is disengenous.

That assumes that attendances are one of the criteria - we don't know the criteria yet - and that they will carry enough weight to make a difference between Category A with its guaranteed top tier place, and Category B.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

No it was just an example that f something that without considering a counterfactual butchers the process. I could say academy (dont have one but if they got central funding would they set one up), commercial partners etc.

All of which are remarkably straightforward to assess.

I refer, as ever, people to the FAW Tier 1 (and other tiers) licencing assessments documents which are pretty close to perfect in setting out how (and why) clubs will be assessed. Obviously, our needs will be different but something that clear - and which has proven to work with clubs moving up the pyramid whilst developing themselves outside the top level.

Or you could look to the incredibly successful EuroLeague basketball (and the second tier EuroCup which has the London Lions competing in it this year).

None of the moans come close to wrecking the process.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)