1. 1. Who will win?

• New Zealand by 13 points or more
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • Fiji by 1 to 6 points
    • Fiji by 7 to 12 points
    • Fiji by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/11/22 at 20:00

3 minutes ago, Midlands hobo said:

Better an Infringement technical or not than video ref

Fiji had so many chance to get the result in the final fifteen minutes and blew them all.

But the romantics need to blame everyone but them.

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, gingerjon said:

Fiji had so many chance to get the result in the final fifteen minutes and blew them all.

They did . There was some poor game management and some lack of quality in key areas . Wakeham for instance is pretty average in the main 

1 minute ago, DimmestStar said:

Game of the tournament.

Should have been played at Craven Park, there was a bigger crowd at Hull KR tonight for fireworks display and the money would have stayed in Rugby League rather than Hull City.

They should have done a display before the game , rugby league fireworks or summat.

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

I agree with the errors but still a tough call. It was a really loose carry and he didnt really rip at the ball.

Arguably a few offside at that scrum where they knocked on as well. 

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Sutton will get final get used to it if aus get to it.

That will wake the kiwis from their apathy.

• Like 1

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Go back to talking nonsense about how Australia have no control over the Kangaroos brand.

Whatever GJ, if Fiji didn’t deserve a reset scrum, they deserved a penalty for NZ being 5m offside. Your position otherwise only demonstrate how little you know of the laws of the game.

Not that the Laws of the Game mattered for much in the last two minutes.

1 minute ago, tim2 said:

I agree with the errors but still a tough call. It was a really loose carry and he didnt really rip at the ball.

loose carry all day long. the contact from Fiji wasnt deliberate and had no power. loose carry period. 

• Like 3

Just now, tim2 said:

Tough call but not necessarily wrong (it's one of those 'for my team'/'against my team' ones).

I just think - throughout the game - Fiji had *so many* opportunities to take the game away from New Zealand and they didn't need the ref's whistle to blow them all.

That's why NZ barely celebrated and all the neutrals are gutted now.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, jacksy said:

Sutton will get final get used to it if aus get to it.

That will wake the kiwis from their apathy.

If its England Oz then England should do what the Aussies do and just totally block him, just say under no circumstances is he reffing.

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

5 minutes ago, Skinnywinger said:

Whys everyone saying wrong call? He played at the ball and stripped it. Penalty. 

Nowhere near enough evidence to overturn the ref's original decision. Awful call from the VR.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

8 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

That’s probably the best outcome. Great game but next week will be better with NZ winning. 

That's true. NZ, if they get their act together, are capable of turning the Aussies over. Fiji, with the best will in the world, are not.

• Like 1

Just now, IM2 said:

Just imagine if teams like Lebanon, Fiji, France, Samoa, PNG and Tonga maybe more got 3 quality games a season. How good could the international game be!

I think we'd all be happy to see it, i love international RL when its played like it was tonight, reminded me of that semi between us and the Kiwis at wembley in 2013 and the Tonga semi in 2017. its pulsating at its best.

1 minute ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Am I the only one on here that thought it was a penalty? Thought it was a strip personally, he swipes the ball out with his left hand.

It was a penalty.